Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Rumble 20599 Tom Cat vs. Death Angel (A Quiet Place)
MATCH SCORE
Tom Cat: 2
Death Angels (A Quiet Place): 0

Wolverine vs. Multiple Man
MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 3
Multiple Man: 4

Tournament - Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Viceroy Nute Gunray
MATCH SCORE
Captain James Tiberius Kirk: 6
Viceroy Nute Gunray: 3

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 10

Fox

Fantasy Draft: Season Ten

Welcome to Season Ten!  Or 'Season X', as the Romans would say.

CBUB Fantasy Teams is kind of like Fantasy Sports games.  You draft a Team and they get thrown into matches for a "Season" which is typically several weeks.

In case you need a refresher on the rules, here you go :

The Fantasy Draft FAQ

When the draft is open visit your CBUB Control Panel to draft your team.

This season's competitive slots...

Hanna-Barbera/MGM/United/Universal/Etc. Cartoon Characters

vs. 

Warner Bros. Cartoon Characters

yogi-bear.jpgIn Slot One, select a character from the Hanna-Barbera / MGM / United / Universal / Paramount / Terry cartoon characters.

Possibilities include these lists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:MGM_cartoon_characters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hanna-Barbera_characters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Universal_Pictures_cartoons_and_characters

https://hanna-barbera.fandom.com/wiki/Hanna-Barbera_Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Famous_Studios

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrytoons

daffy-duck.jpg

In Slot Two, select a character from the Warner Bros. cartoons.

Possibilities include these lists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Looney_Tunes_and_Merrie_Melodies_characters

https://wbau.fandom.com/wiki/WB_Animated_Universe_Wiki

Ranged vs. Melee

gi-joe_duke.jpg

In Slot Three, select a Ranged Attack character.  The character may come from about any source: Movies, TV, Comics, Cartoons, Novels, etc.

The Ranged Character must meet these requirements:

• Range attack is via a projectile weapon: Bow, Gun, Thrown Item, etc.
  • Character has no heavy defensive powers or resistances.
  • The ranged attack will not be allowed to use 'Trick' or 'Special' ammunition.
  • The character's weapons are generally mundane - no enchanted 'Saint of Killers' type weapons.
  • The ranged attacker does not prefer to Melee, typically.
  • The character does not have other forms of attack via powers.
  • The character does not have travel powers - speed, teleportation, etc.

panthro-thundercats.jpg

In Slot Four, select a Melee Attack character. The character may come from about any source: Movies, TV, Comics, Cartoons, Novels, etc.

The Melee Character must meet these requirements:

• Melee attack is via some hand-held martial weapon: sword, axe, club, etc.
  • Character has no heavy defensive powers or resistances.
  • The character's weapons are generally mundane.
  • The melee attacker does not have a ranged attack method.
  • The character does not have other forms of attack via powers.
  • The character does not have travel powers - speed blitz, teleportation, etc.

Musical Interlude

grease.jpg

In Slot Five, select a character from a live action musical (or music based ) movie who can sing and dance their way through challenges.

All the challenges will be location based.  Examples:

Which contender could successfully sing and dance their way through the Land of Oz without being killed by the Wicked Witch?

Which contender could successfully sing and dance their way through Gotham City and lower the crime rate by doing so?

And now for something completely different....

Love vs. Rejection

In Slot Six, select a male character from a movie released between the years of 1960 and 2000.

The male character must have been the lead from a film which legitimately had a romantic angle the character was involved in as part of the plot.  Romantic Comedies and Dramas are filled with such characters.  The character must be an adult and a normal human without any kind of powers which help with romance. 

This is the character you will use to attempt to woo the character in Slot Seven.

Brendan-Fraser.jpg

In Slot Seven, select a female character from a movie released between the years of 1960 and 2000.

The female character must be an adult, normal human and legitimate potential love interest. The female character may have personality traits which make it difficult but not impossible to find a romantic partner.

Romantic Comedies and Dramas often have plots where such characters are found.

scullyfbi.jpg

2 hours ago, Macklemore said:

There will be no bench this time around as well, right? I was a quite fan of that last time around. 

Nope.  The bench has been removed from the game.

This season looks very creative and a lot of fun. Thanks, Fox.

My first thought for slot 6 was Hitch, but that was unfortunately after 2000. Speaking of Mr. Smith, should his Genie from the live action Aladdin be disqualified for slot 5? He would undoutedly have a big advantage over literally any other character I can think of in that slot. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

This season looks very creative and a lot of fun. Thanks, Fox.

Genie from the live action Aladdin be disqualified for slot 5? He would undoubtedly have a big advantage over literally any other character I can think of in that slot. 

Solid point, since the criteria typically is that they need to get by on singing and dancing on it's own.

I suppose I could add that the contender has to be a generally normal human.

Added Universal characters to the "Hanna-Barbera/MGM/United/Universal Cartoon Characters" Team. Or HBMUU for short.

WB has such a powerhouse line-up of toon force characters that it takes four other studios to match them.

Why not Disney, you might ask?  It is a valid question, but it just didn't seem like Disney's characters has the same kind of toon-force enabled mischief makers.  They seem more well behaved, light on the toon-force and less prone to blow things up.

8 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Not even using Michelangelo?

Also, can James Bond count for the love interest slots?

Not even Michelangelo. Not even ANY version of Michelangelo.

Also, if I may humbly request that no one use the Mirage Turtles, as I don't want their records to be rated by Draft Matches. I'm trying to build their records up, and I don't want their profiles to be bogged down by losses in matches which I didn't write up.

Anyway, the line up doesn't really interest me. Not a fan of the cartoon line up, and musical line up, and love and rejection line up.

33 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Also, can James Bond count for the love interest slots?

Sure, why not.  Pretty sure all James Bond films have a romance sub-plot.

20 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Also, if I may humbly request that no one use the Mirage Turtles, as I don't want their records to be rated by Draft Matches. I'm trying to build their records up, and I don't want their profiles to be bogged down by losses in matches which I didn't write up.

People are free to compete with any characters in the CBUB Data Base that meet the criteria.

Sorry, I got held up taking care of RL stuffs.

On 6/5/2021 at 11:52 PM, Fox said:

I'm probably going to hint at my age with this, but would the old Terry Toons (Mighty Mouse, Heckle & Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, etc.) also be included? Note that I haven't thoroughly looked these lists through yet, so they may already be OK'd for the slot.

11 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Sorry, I got held up taking care of RL stuffs.

I'm probably going to hint at my age with this, but would the old Terry Toons (Mighty Mouse, Heckle & Jeckle, Deputy Dawg) also be included? Note that I haven't thoroughly looked these lists through yet, so they may already be OK'd for the slot.

I had to look that up.  Those characters are owned by Paramount, now.  Sure, why not.  They can go on the Hanna-Barbera side.

Gee, the WB team seems to need some support.  Perhaps they should get Disney on their team.

love-romeo_and_juliete.jpg

love-terminator_scenario.jpg

Samples from the romance challenges.  Pretty much the two contenders will have to play in famous romantic situations.

Edit:

The goal in these challenges will be to pick a contender in the male slot seen as suitable in the majority of situations, and a contender in the female slot that would reject in the majority of situations.

I'm sure we'll see some interesting choices.

Just now, Fox said:

Is it the romance category? 😍

No, it's no category in particular. Honestly, I spend a fair bit of time on these seasons because I like to respond to all the matches, and so every few seasons I just like to sit out and recharge. That, plus having to finish my thesis and find a job in the next few weeks as I'll no longer be a GA means I just won't have the time to devote to it

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

No, it's no category in particular. Honestly, I spend a fair bit of time on these seasons because I like to respond to all the matches, and so every few seasons I just like to sit out and recharge. That, plus having to finish my thesis and find a job in the next few weeks as I'll no longer be a GA means I just won't have the time to devote to it

Oh, wow!  Good luck on both the thesis and the search.  We nerds believe in you!

27 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Hope the best of luck to you then!

2 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Does our Slot Four character have to use some sort of melee weapon or can they just fight with their hands?

Just what it says, "Melee attack is via some hand-held martial weapon: sword, axe, club, etc. "

You know, like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or something.

The opening of the draft may be delayed as a forum member here has exposed an issue where they found a way to draft their team early.

I have to code a fix for that.

Update: I believe I have fixed that issue and draft should be available at noon.

• Thanks 1