Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Nosgoth

Skirmisher

Guest tomisntblue
"There is something I must do... I will be back."

Katrina stands slowly, walking purposely towards where Dante sat. She stood beside him, and lowered herself to a crowching position, side by side and facing forward, avoiding eye contact. She didn't quite know what to say.

Dante would regard her with an unreadable expression. Dante himself didn't know how he felt at the moment. "You know, I used to always be into biters." Dante said with his usual mask of sarcasm, "In this case, I'll make an exception."

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dante would regard her with an unreadable expression. Dante himself didn't know how he felt at the moment. "You know, I used to always be into biters." Dante said with his usual mask of sarcasm, "In this case, I'll make an exception."

Katrina let the remark linger for a few moments, taking the dark humor as a sign that it was okay to address him. The previous feelings of embarassment and emotional weakness now left her, and she returned to her usual withdrawn matter, now that she was sure Shruikan would eventually be fine. She would not, however, be able to mask her shame, as it kept her from looking directly at Dante.

"I was never one to, as some say, beat around the bush. I'll cut directly to the matter at hand. Your blood, it's something I've never encountered, something I've never had. I underestimated the hold it would have on me, and I overestimated my ability to control it. A mistake I won't make twice. I thought I could handle it, but it's like a powerful drug, for better lack of words... I didn't mean to put you at risk, Dante... I apologize for that."

Katrina spoke the words in a low voice, gripping the silver handle of her longsword. For a moment, she considered using her empathy to access his state of mind, but instantly thought better of it.

Guest tomisntblue
Katrina let the remark linger for a few moments, taking the dark humor as a sign that it was okay to address him. The previous feelings of embarassment and emotional weakness now left her, and she returned to her usual withdrawn matter, now that she was sure Shruikan would eventually be fine. She would not, however, be able to mask her shame, as it kept her from looking directly at Dante.

"I was never one to, as some say, beat around the bush. I'll cut directly to the matter at hand. Your blood, it's something I've never encountered, something I've never had. I underestimated the hold it would have on me, and I overestimated my ability to control it. A mistake I won't make twice. I thought I could handle it, but it's like a powerful drug, for better lack of words... I didn't mean to put you at risk, Dante... I apologize for that."

Katrina spoke the words in a low voice, gripping the silver handle of her longsword. For a moment, she considered using her empathy to access his state of mind, but instantly thought better of it.

"Don't worry about it, there's no need to apologize. I know how hard I can be to resist. You're not the first vampire I've encountered. I knew what I was getting into. But I couldn't sit by and watch another of my f..." Dante stopped, catching himself before using that word. "Shruikan is one of our most power members, if we want to get this job done then I couldn't let him die." but a tear in Dante's eyes betrayed his cold hearted act. The truth was he knew the risk, he was willing to take it if it meant he didn't have to let another friend die.

"Don't worry about it, there's no need to apologize. I know how hard I can be to resist. You're not the first vampire I've encountered. I knew what I was getting into. But I couldn't sit by and watch another of my f..." Dante stopped, catching himself before using that word. "Shruikan is one of our most power members, if we want to get this job done then I couldn't let him die." but a tear in Dante's eyes betrayed his cold hearted act. The truth was he knew the risk, he was willing to take it if it meant he didn't have to let another friend die.

"The 'job'?" Katrina considered saying something more, before seeing the glint of light reflect from his eye. The tear. "Secluding oneself... is that something you truly wish to do? Do you want to continue giving the impression you don't care? I must be honest, I would rather you be my ally, then someone who pretends not to be. People like you... like us... we can pretend not to care, and justify it by saying we are protecting the ones we love. But deep down, the truth is clear, we know who it is we're trying to protect. Whether or not you choose to acknowlegde that is up to you."

Katrina began to stand up now, finding the talk with Dante had brought back her confidence, but her thoughts would wrap around Dante's words, trying to understand them.

Guest tomisntblue

Dante sat quietly. All his life he had tried to push people away, never getting close to anyone. It made his job easier. If he didn't let himself close to anyone. Back home the only "friends" he had were Lady, Trish, Morison, Patty, and Nero; but he still never let any of them in. Why should he let this group in? It just made it that much harder to deal with losing them. It was easier not to care. Still, he was finding it harder to push his friends out now that they had been let in. And as far as Katrina went, Dante knew that she could understand him probably more than one else in this group. "I know what its like..." Dante said, barely loud enough for her to hear him, "Losing a parent, not knowing the other, being treated like a monster. For someone like me, someone like us, it's just easier not to care."

Dante sat quietly. All his life he had tried to push people away, never getting close to anyone. It made his job easier. If he didn't let himself close to anyone. Back home the only "friends" he had were Lady, Trish, Morison, Patty, and Nero; but he still never let any of them in. Why should he let this group in? It just made it that much harder to deal with losing them. It was easier not to care. Still, he was finding it harder to push his friends out now that they had been let in. And as far as Katrina went, Dante knew that she could understand him probably more than one else in this group. "I know what its like..." Dante said, barely loud enough for her to hear him, "Losing a parent, not knowing the other, being treated like a monster. For someone like me, someone like us, it's just easier not to care."

"I know it too, Dante, and yes it's easier not to care but the moments of pain are far outweighed by the moments of pleasure when you do care. It took some great people to show me that."

Katrina nodded at her mother's words.

Katrina looked down at Dante, and offered him a hand to help him back up. "The minute we actually stop caring Dante... that's when we become the monsters everyone else thinks we are. We become the very demons we fight. That is not what I want... is that what you want?" She left her hand before him, waiting for the answer.

Guest KevinDWolf93

Adam would have quietly made his way over to the group. Though he did not interject himself into the covnersation, instead trying to eavesdrop and see if things were going well. He tried his best to not be noticed

OOC:He is unmorphed at this point, so no arguing that the black/green spandexed man is trying to be stealthy :D

Guest tomisntblue
"I know it too, Dante, and yes it's easier not to care but the moments of pain are far outweighed by the moments of pleasure when you do care. It took some great people to show me that."

Katrina nodded at her mother's words.

Katrina looked down at Dante, and offered him a hand to help him back up. "The minute we actually stop caring Dante... that's when we become the monsters everyone else thinks we are. We become the very demons we fight. That is not what I want... is that what you want?" She left her hand before him, waiting for the answer.

Dante shook his head with a half hearted smile, "No matter how much I try and be a selfish jerk... no matter how hard I act like I don't give a damn... my good nature always finds a way to shine through..." with that he took her hand and allowed her to help him to his feet - despite the fact that he was recovered at this point, it was more to show trust than anything else.

"One person can't hold the weight of the world, we all have to watch each other's backs Dante, now then as you like to say, let's rock."

Guest tomisntblue
" Say Dante, is it alright if we talk alone?', Siegfried asked, curiosly.

"Crap, this is why I act like a jerk." Dante said, although he was mostly joking, "Come one."

Dante shook his head with a half hearted smile, "No matter how much I try and be a selfish jerk... no matter how hard I act like I don't give a damn... my good nature always finds a way to shine through..." with that he took her hand and allowed her to help him to his feet - despite the fact that he was recovered at this point, it was more to show trust than anything else.

Katrina smiled warmly at the display of trust, and stood next to Dante should he need any help realizing he was still weakened. She walked toward Shruikan's resting body, placing a hand on one of his ivory spines. To Dante, "It is what makes us human. Our greatest gift in some ways, a curse in others... but we must care. I am glad for this... it reminds me that I am not a monster." To Shruiken, she whispered, "Heal quickly, Shruy. We need you."

At Siegfried, she would raise an eyebrow curiously, and at Vin, she'd say, "Let's... Rock? What does that signify?"

Katrina smiled warmly at the display of trust, and stood next to Dante should he need any help realizing he was still weakened. She walked toward Shruikan's resting body, placing a hand on one of his ivory spines. To Dante, "It is what makes us human. Our greatest gift in some ways, a curse in others... but we must care. I am glad for this... it reminds me that I am not a monster." To Shruiken, she whispered, "Heal quickly, Shruy. We need you."

At Vin, she'd say, "Let's... Rock?"

Something I picked up from Dante. Basically it means let's go. I want you know to know, I'm very proud of you."

Guest tomisntblue

At Siegfried, she would raise an eyebrow curiously, and at Vin, she'd say, "Let's... Rock? What does that signify?"

Dante smiled, letting his old self shine through. "You need a demonstration?" Dante asked, and before leaving with Sigfried he summoned Nevan and

After having his fun he turned to Sig, "Now then Siggy, lets get your little talk aover with."

Siegfried would then take Dante far away enough from the others, so nobody could hear them.

"Listen Dante, Rev would still be here, if I wasn't so...weak. I bet even Ben, could kick my arse in a fist fight....thats just it...I'm the 'normal' one of the group. I only know magic, Vin has ...powers, Adam has his morpher, Ben has his Aliens, Shurkian is well...a dragon, thats all he needs, and you- your speical,but you know how to control your powers well, as Revenant should have never been able to be by you, as whenever you used your weapons, just being by them would have destryoed Rev, but I think you knew this and controled it so he could follow you around. If you caught wind of it, he thought you were his best friend, and a great fighter and master. But ...even Rev was stronger than me, and he was just a living corpse, and he was...325 years old!!! Ben had to stop him from beating me one time. Now I know your probably getting tired of me talking, but the point is, that I want to become more..usefull to you guys, Ben and Vin are the powerhouses, Adam and Shurkian are the defense , and you-your the secret weapon... and I'm just the guy that tags along. If thier was something that you and Vin couldn't beat, then lord knows I couldn't beat it.. Now what I am asking you is if you could somehow encance my mage powers, so I can help the group out, instead of just being ...oh its Siegfried, oh he has a sword and he made fireballs appear, whoo. I want to be like you, where everbody is like Dante! Yeah go Dante, kick that guys ass!!1 Nobody can beat you!!! You get what I mean?", Siegfried explained.

Something I picked up from Dante. Basically it means let's go. I want you know to know, I'm very proud of you."

"Ah." She'd say at the explanation. The last comment took her by suprise. "Why?"

Dante smiled, letting his old self shine through. "You need a demonstration?" Dante asked, and before leaving with Sigfried he summoned Nevan and
After having his fun he turned to Sig, "Now then Siggy, lets get your little talk aover with."

At Dante's Display, Katrina simply clapped, in a way that made it unknown if she was being serious or sarcastic. "How... extravagant!"

"Ah." She'd say at the explanation. The last comment took her by suprise. "Why?"

At Dante's Display, Katrina simply clapped, in a way that made it unknown if she was being serious or sarcastic. "How... extravagant!"

Why? you've been fighting to protect this world and you saved Shuikan... remind me to thank him."

Guest tomisntblue
Siegfried would then take Dante far away enough from the others, so nobody could hear them.

"Listen Dante, Rev would still be here, if I wasn't so...weak. I bet even Ben, could kick my arse in a fist fight....thats just it...I'm the 'normal' one of the group. I only know magic, Vin has ...powers, Adam has his morpher, Ben has his Aliens, Shurkian is well...a dragon, thats all he needs, and you- your speical,but you know how to control your powers well, as Revenant should have never been able to be by you, as whenever you used your weapons, just being by them would have destryoed Rev, but I think you knew this and controled it so he could follow you around. If you caught wind of it, he thought you were his best friend, and a great fighter and master. But ...even Rev was stronger than me, and he was just a living corpse, and he was...325 years old!!! Ben had to stop him from beating me one time. Now I know your probably getting tired of me talking, but the point is, that I want to become more..usefull to you guys, Ben and Vin are the powerhouses, Adam and Shurkian are the defense , and you-your the secret weapon... and I'm just the guy that tags along. If thier was something that you and Vin couldn't beat, then lord knows I couldn't beat it.. Now what I am asking you is if you could somehow encance my mage powers, so I can help the group out, instead of just being ...oh its Siegfried, oh he has a sword and he made fireballs appear, whoo. I want to be like you, where everbody is like Dante! Yeah go Dante, kick that guys ass!!1 Nobody can beat you!!! You get what I mean?", Siegfried explained.

"I don't know what you remember about your old life, but I've told you this before. Don't assume humans are weak. Me, I'm a demon - but that's not what makes me strong. I'm stronger than any demon from my world because I have something they lack. It's something only humans - and I guess dragons, and some vampires - but the point is, you it have it and that's what makes you strong. In your old life, you were a knight who controlled the most powerful weapon in your universe. You battled the same kind of monsters I fight, and you won. Strength isn't about your body, or strange magical powers, real strength is about your soul. Two of the strongest fighters I know are a woman named Lady and the Prince back when he was alive. It wasn't the time dagger than gave him his strength, it was his soul. You don't need anyone to give you something to make you strong. But what I can do for you, I can help train you. I can make you a better fighter."

Why? you've been fighting to protect this world and you saved Shuikan... remind me to thank him."

"I... thank you, Vin. I've never had someone tell me that, and ironically, the last person I expected to hear those words from was my mother. Thank Shruikan?"

"I... thank you, Vin. I've never had someone tell me that, and ironically, the last person I expected to hear those words from was my mother. Thank Shruikan?"

Yes, I need thank him for raising you to bcome what you are now and there's no need to be so fomal with me. I'm sorry I was so cold to you I suppose I just felt guilty and well we didn't exacttly start off on a god foot either..."

Guest tomisntblue
"Thanks Dante. I only wish...I could have SC agian. " Siegfried muttered as while the two were talking, a figure which looked like a giant eye ball appeared behind Siegfried.

http://www.spanishcalibur.com/galeria/He/Charade.jpg

Without a word, Dante pulled out Ivory, his white gun, and shot over Sigfried's shoulder, aiming for the giant eye ball (Dante's a good enough shot to hit it without hitting Sig, though he'd probably startle him)

The eye would then dodge the bullet, which made Sieg turn around and curse.

"Charade....I thought when Inferno died, you would go with him... Now before we fight, tell me who sent you.", Sieg demanded of the giant eye ball, which glared at Dante, and then a white flash of light blinded Siegfried and Dante, and once it was over, Charade appeared in the center of a body which was glowing and had no eyes.

" Dante...the eye is Charade..the body is just a shell ...its made from bits and fragement of SE, and Charade himself USED to be a man, that was trying to sell his piece of SE that he found, but he was killed, and then the fragments did something with his corpse, and turned him into ...that thing... Don't hurt him yet. I want to know why he is here. ", Sieg said as Charade looked at the two and rolled its eye.

It than spoke to Dante and Siegfried in thier minds, " ...I am here...because he...sent me..."

Yes, I need thank him for raising you to bcome what you are now and there's no need to be so fomal with me. I'm sorry I was so cold to you I suppose I just felt guilty and well we didn't exacttly start off on a god foot either..."

"Formal is... all I know, I suppose. I've been alive for hundred of years, but I've been alone, save for Shruikan. I still know so very little about humans and how they comunicate. It is okay, I was not overly welcoming either, something I now regret... I wanted to thank you for helping me, with Shruikan."

At the gunshot, Katrina drew her sword faster than the eye could follow, gripping Uden and preparing for a fight.