Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

The Pro Wrestling thread

Just a thread for any wrestling fan to discuss pro wrestling. Any pro wrestling past or current can be discussed here.

As of now, it was cool to see The Rock beat Cena but I am annoyed that Cena beat Brock Lesnar, I know wrestling is all scripted but I am sick of Cena overcoming the odds, he is such a boring wrestler.

i am glad he beat lesnar i am not a fan of either of them but cena has a great work ethic and wants to be a pro wrestler lesnar is a faild fighter and down right overrated on both ufc and wwe without paul he can't cut a promo without ripping off vader who was a much better wrestling villian granted he has a great back ground in real wrestling angel can wrestle circles around on both accounts .

even though he was ufc champion he had a loseing record in ufc.

i am glad he beat lesnar i am not a fan of either of them but cena has a great work ethic and wants to be a pro wrestler lesnar is a faild fighter and down right overrated on both ufc and wwe without paul he can't cut a promo without ripping off vader who was a much better wrestling villian granted he has a great back ground in real wrestling angel can wrestle circles around on both accounts .

even though he was ufc champion he had a loseing record in ufc.

wait i was wrong he was 5 and 3 in the ufc still not worth all the hype.

Brock Lesnar is freaking awesome. As is Cena. Cena sold like a champ, Lesnar mauled him and came out looking like a monster despite losing. Both of them came out looking amazing.

Bah. I miss wrestling. I shall have to get back into it after University. Sadly, essays mean I don't have weekends free to train. Bah.

Brock Lesnar is freaking awesome. As is Cena. Cena sold like a champ, Lesnar mauled him and came out looking like a monster despite losing. Both of them came out looking amazing.

Bah. I miss wrestling. I shall have to get back into it after University. Sadly, essays mean I don't have weekends free to train. Bah.

you used to wrestle? i had always wanted til reality kick me in the nuts.

you used to wrestle? i had always wanted til reality kick me in the nuts.

I believe there is a CBUBer who still does. Can't recall who. But yeah, I wanna go back. The school I went to has had some awesome guest trainers lately too, like Colt Cabana and Finley. Had Brian Danielson before he was with WWE too. The man was obsessed with feeding us Lucozade.

I believe there is a CBUBer who still does. Can't recall who.

I believe that's tom. He's even put up pics of his matches.

As for Phenom's question, I'd say Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin cut some great promos together. This one might be their best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5XnuoQYb1k

Keep up the discussion, fellas. Depending on how busy this thread stays, it just might be pinnable.

Guest bigballerju

While I like the fact Brock destroyed Cena. Brock Lesner is still a piece of crap who shows no respect for the business and doesn't care for it. Brock only cares about the money and his image. I love how WWE is using that to include it in him being this crazy badass monster who is a wrecking machine.

Some people think Brock went too far in the match then what he was told. I laugh at that because its like if WWE felt Brock went too far they would have dealt with Brock. Seeing that how they didn't it was obviously planned for that match too be that brutal which was awesome.

My favorite Face promo is any promo cut by Rock in 1999-2000. My favorite heel promo is Rock ripping Canada apart the day after he beat Stone Cold and everyone thought of it he would turn face but they were all wrong. It was classic and one of Rock's best heel promos.

Some of my favorite matches are Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold, Rob Van Dam vs Jeff Hardy, Eddie Guerrero vs Rey Mysterio at Halloween Havoc, Kurt Angle's matches his first couple of years in WWE, Randy Orton vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania 21, Rock vs Mankind I quit match, and more.

Evan Bourne and Rey Mysterio vs John Morrison and The Miz. Maybe not the most eye catching but I thought it was one hell of a ECW match. Those two high flyers would make an awesome team.

Guest Nilan

War Games 1992 guys. War Games 1992.

Bah! War Games without the Road Warriors ain't no War Games.

Guest Nilan

To add to the topic, what are some of your favorite matches, moments, promos, and wrestlers? I'll add some when I'm done working.

Favorite matches/feuds in no particular order:

1. The whole Benoit-Angle feud

2. The entire Horseman-Dusty/LOD/etc feud

3. The year-long build up that led to Kane's debut and him destroying everyone until stopped by Taker at Wrestlemania 14.

4. The rise of NWO, right until the epic fail of Starcade 97.

5. The Rock v Hogan, where WWE pulls all stops to ensure the Rock is the good guy, but 75000 people refuse to boo Hogan at the pay per view that he made a phenomenon.

6. Mick Foley plunging a gazillion feet into a table, with JR scaring the hell out of all of us that he's probably dead.

7. Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody v The Funks in Japan

8. Stan Hansen v Vader (Champion v Champion in Japan)

9. Almost all of Flair's matches when he defended the NWA title against all comers in the 80s.

10. Anything with Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels facing off.

6. Mick Foley plunging a gazillion feet into a table, with JR scaring the hell out of all of us that he's probably dead.

The fact that the match wasn't over after that is amazing. Then the mofo got choked slammed through the damn hell in a cell. Mick Foley is crazy.

I loved watching old Dusty Rhodes promos. The man was amazing on the mic. We (people my round my age) were blessed with growing up during the attitude era and the monday night wars. I used to love Monday nights. WCW messed up that one time by telling the viewers that Mick Foley was going to win the championship on Raw thinking people wouldn't watch and then a shit ton of people tuned in. The Rock and Stone Cold were amazing on the mic. Always entertaining. Kurt Angle was pretty damn good himself. Jericho used to kill it on the mic.

One of my favortie moments was during ECW's one night stand when John Cena was fighting RVD. Cena tried throwing his shirt in the crowd like 4 times and the people just threw it back in the ring lol. ECW fans are crazy.

Another amazing match was The Macho Man vs Ricky Steamboat. Those 2 put a wrestling clinic. I also agree with Nilan about anything Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels they did together.

I could go on more and more about this and look forward to doing it later. I should get back to work...

The man can barely walk. He has his place as a special attraction, but that's really all he's capable of.

EDIT: You know who DOES need more love? Jerry Lawler. He's still got the best punches in the business.

Guest Square Pickle

Ive been a huge wrestling fan since 1992, and when I became a state wrestling champion in 2004, it was inspired 2 years earlier by the accomplishments of Brock Lesnar himself. So pro-wrestling has always held a special place in my heart...

That being said, I HATE John Cena! As any longtime wrestling fan will probibly tell you, Cena is everything that is wrong with the WWE today! He cant wrestle, he can barely act, and is shoved down our throats for the soul purpose of selling toys to kiddys. Even though he is a "Babyface" he is boo'd by half the WWE's fanbase who can see through his very unrelatible character. His loss to The Rock was a great move by WWE, but having him beat Lesnar at Extreme Rules was a TERRIBLE move by the WWE. It brought back the hated "Super Cena" and made the returning Brock Lesnar not only lose interest, but also killed his gimmick as an Ass Kicker. Having the annoying Superman-like boyscout defeat the former UFC Champion in his 1st match back in 8 years was possibly the biggest mistake WWE has made all year (I would go farther back, but WWE makes big mistakes every other month). Brock not only should have beaten Cena, but he should have curb stomped him. It would have killed off the same crapy Cena character weve seen for the past 7 years and it would have given him room to grow... Classic WWE f*** up.

I also hate that for the past 3 PPVs Cena has main evented... While the WWE Champion CM Punk has played 2nd fiddle. Showing that not only does WWE not respect the more talented Punk as much as they do Super Cena, they dont even respect the Title that has represented the brand for over 50 years as much as they do the piece of crap, John Cena.

Cena sucks!

Guest Square Pickle

My favorite match: Kurt Angle vs HBK at WrestleMania 21.

My favorite current stars: John Hennigan, Brian Danielson (I refuse to use his WWE name), CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Tyson Kidd, and Kurt Angle.

My most memorible show: Starrcade 1997 Hogan vs Sting. My parents took me for my b-day in DC.

I used to do small indy shows in Macomb and Peoria when I was 18, (soon after joining EF). I still do some small showings here and there when givin the chance. I even met former WCW wrestler Lash Leroux at an event in Macomb, when he was covering the matches for an article. He said our match got a 4.5/5 that night! The article will hang on my fridge forever! Lol.

Smarks are hilarious.

John Cena consistently has great matches with everyone he's put up against. Consistently. The man can work with anyone. He had a good match with Khali. Freaking Khali. I don't think anyone is about to argue Khali did the carrying. Cena's matches all have a big time feel to them. The man is the biggest star in WWE for a reason, and that's because he's awesome. Because, believe it or not, pro wrestling isn't about 'work rate' or anything like that. It's about entertaining people. And Cena does that. I'm not a great fan of the character and his promos do seem a little forced at times, but the man always presents himself as a star, and he feels like a star. His matches are great - there's nothing wrong with Super Cena. His role is the same role Hogan filled in the eighties, he fills it well and he looks great doing it.

As for Cena/Lesnar? Did you watch the match? Cena won a fluke victory by playing smart, Brock dominated the entire match, totally wrecked him. Lesnar came out looking like a killing machine, Cena came out looking like a man who'll never give in and play it smart if he needs to. The match was perfect. Keep in mind that Lesnar's contract only gives him a few dates to work in the year, he's very part time and he'll be gone next year. WWE can't afford to have him kill everyone on the roster.

That said, I enjoy CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (Bryan more so). But the reason Punk is taking a back seat is because he simply doesn't have Cena's star power, and you cant blame WWE for that. They've pushed him to the moon and made him look good in feuds with John Cena and Triple H, their two biggest stars (save the Undertaker).

Bryan is much more likely to move up to their level, I think. He's super over right now and he's a brilliant heel.

By the way, this all comes from someone with actual wresting experience (Proof(!): http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=15351 ), trained at one of the most respected schools in his country, knows what it means to be a pro wrestler, knows pro wrestlers up and down the country (anyone who's got me can just take a gander through my Facebook friends list and see that) and has had training sessions with Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness. I'll be wrestling again next year if my University schedule frees up like I expect it too.

Guest Square Pickle
Smarks are hilarious. John Cena consistently has great matches with everyone he's put up against. Consistently. The man can work with anyone. He had a good match with Khali. Freaking Khali. I don't think anyone is about to argue Khali did the carrying. Cena's matches all have a big time feel to them. The man is the biggest star in WWE for a reason, and that's because he's awesome. Because, believe it or not, pro wrestling isn't about 'work rate' or anything like that. It's about entertaining people. And Cena does that. I'm not a great fan of the character and his promos do seem a little forced at times, but the man always presents himself as a star, and he feels like a star. His matches are great - there's nothing wrong with Super Cena. His role is the same role Hogan filled in the eighties, he fills it well and he looks great doing it. As for Cena/Lesnar? Did you watch the match? Cena won a fluke victory by playing smart, Brock dominated the entire match, totally wrecked him. Lesnar came out looking like a killing machine, Cena came out looking like a man who'll never give in and play it smart if he needs to. The match was perfect. Keep in mind that Lesnar's contract only gives him a few dates to work in the year, he's very part time and he'll be gone next year. WWE can't afford to have him kill everyone on the roster. That said, I enjoy CM Punk and Daniel Bryan (Bryan more so). But the reason Punk is taking a back seat is because he simply doesn't have Cena's star power, and you cant blame WWE for that. They've pushed him to the moon and made him look good in feuds with John Cena and Triple H, their two biggest stars (save the Undertaker). Bryan is much more likely to move up to their level, I think. He's super over right now and he's a brilliant heel. By the way, this all comes from someone with actual wresting experience (Proof(!): http://www.wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=bios&wrestler=15351 ), trained at one of the most respected schools in his country, knows what it means to be a pro wrestler, knows pro wrestlers up and down the country (anyone who's got me can just take a gander through my Facebook friends list and see that) and has had training sessions with Bryan Danielson and Nigel McGuinness. I'll be wrestling again next year if my University schedule frees up like I expect it too.

Im not a smark, Im a traditional wrestling fan who knows an overrated piece of garbage when I see it.

1.) Cena's match with Khali was god awful. Slow paced, only about 3 actual wrestling moves pulled off, and the moves sold worse than G-strings at a yard sale. A horrible match between two of the worst in-ring performers WWE has shat out in the past 10 years. I respect these guys, but to say their match was anything better that absolute crap shows that you as a wrestling fan will buy pretty much anything.

2.) Cena is only the biggest star in the WWE, because WWE wants him to be. Dont believe me? The said the same crap about Hogan, Austin, The Rock, HBK, and Brock Lesnar. What happened when all those guys left? WWE replaced them. Cena is not a huge star. He's very replacible. Cena is what WWE wants him to be, nothing more. He has not an ounce more talent than any other superstar on the roster. Honestly chants of "CM Punk" and "Yes!" are far more likely to echo through out an arena than "Cena" chants are. In fact, whenever there is a Cena chant, it is quickly shatered by a "Cena Sucks" chant. The fans are sick of him, and have been for years! The guy is stale, and we're sick of the same super hero combacks week after week, year after year! Why does he sell high? Because WWE throws his face on EVERYTHING! To give WWE the "good role-model" image while Linda McMahon does politics. Cena is WWE's groomed golden boy. Nothing more. Sure he can put on a "good" match (if givin a talented opponet), but for a guy who is shoved down the fans throat as much as he is, he's complete crap.

3.) Im not saying Lesnar needs to kill everyone on the roster, but to lose his big comback to a man who has won 95% of the matches he's been in through out the past 7 years is ignorant. There was so many more reasons to have Lesnar win rather than lose that it makes my head spin. They only signed him to a 1 year contract that cost WWE $5,000,000! They want to build him up as a badass, and yet they have him lose his first match back directly after 2 hard UFC losses and his final WWE match in 2004 being another loss. That Cena match made him look like a joke and a natural loser. There was no point in having Cena win, that couldnt be over shadowed by a more logical reason that Lesnar should have won.

This is coming from someone with actual wrestling experience as well. So dont talk to me like a fanboy. You may get me on comic books, but when it comes to wrestling I know my s***.