Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

Rumble 20569 Minsu Kim vs. The Avengers
MATCH SCORE
Minsu Kim: 2
The Avengers: 4

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Chun-Li
MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 9
Chun-Li: 3

The Pro Wrestling thread

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, comic_book_fan said:

wrestlemania thoughts?

Really liked Night 1. I think Bianca winning was the right decision at a very unfortunate time, because now Sasha is 0-6 at Wrestlemania and that's genuinely unfair to her, especially considering she carried the blue brand's women's division for the back half of the pandemic year.

I'm still iffy on the Lashley/Drew match. On the one hand, this is by far Lashley's high point in WWE and I think he's been great. On the other hand, it's a shame Drew never got his WM win in front of a crowd.

Cesaro beating Rollins was a surprise, but hopefully leads to good things for him. He's underutilized

The Braun Strowman fight had no build up and was pretty pointless, but fine I guess. The New Day shouldn't have lost either, in my eyes, but at least the match was better. Bad Bunny was shockingly good.

Night 2 was a lot worse. 

The Fiend loses again, in a really confusing and dumb way. Who gets knocked out by a single RKO these days? The Fiend is now substantially less strong in Kayfabe than the likes of Drew McIntyre and even people he's dominated like Rollins. I mean, I like Orton pretty well, but the Fiend lost his WM debut, and even though I genuinely don't like the Fiend that much, him losing was just the wrong decision booking wise. He's a far cry from the unstoppable monster who premiered last year, with loses to Oldberg, Reigns (although without taking a pin), and Orton. He shouldn't have that many loses so quickly if they want him to be an unstoppable monster

The Women's Tag Match was about what I expected. It's surreal how over with the crowd Tamina was though

KO vs. Sami Zayn was great but too short. Including Logan Paul did nothing except eat up match time for an already-too-short match. Still a really good one though

Riddle vs. Sheamus was good enough, but a little forgettable in my eyes.

Big E and Apollo Crews had a good match as well, but its stipulation was very strange and as much as I like Apollo, I wish Big E had retained

The Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley match felt too short and very strange, much like the whole angle honestly. I love Asuka and have liked Rhea for the past few and some change in NXT, but this match was just too short and had no build up or emotional impact. Also, Asuka was an absolute workhorse for the Raw Women's Division for basically an entire year, and it's a shame she couldn't get her big WM win this year. I don't think she's ever won as WM either which is a disgrace honestly for how good and reliable she is.

The main event was good but a little clunky. Very unpredictable and good overall though. I really liked how it kept you guessing and I wasn't really sure who would win throughout most of it. Very good physical performance all around, and probably the right decision. I'm glad Edge didn't win honestly. Timing isn't right, and I'm not at all a fan of someone stepping back in to Wrestling after years of not participating and just running roughshod over the division

Overall, Night 1 was very enjoyable and Night 2 had some very good matches, but was end-to-end not as good 

4 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Really liked Night 1. I think Bianca winning was the right decision at a very unfortunate time, because now Sasha is 0-6 at Wrestlemania and that's genuinely unfair to her, especially considering she carried the blue brand's women's division for the back half of the pandemic year.

I'm still iffy on the Lashley/Drew match. On the one hand, this is by far Lashley's high point in WWE and I think he's been great. On the other hand, it's a shame Drew never got his WM win in front of a crowd.

i think it is stupid they broke up the hurt business  when he won though 

Cesaro beating Rollins was a surprise, but hopefully leads to good things for him. He's underutilized

best match on the card  wish they were given more time 

The Braun Strowman fight had no build up and was pretty pointless,

it had a build up it was just a really bad build  with shane bullying him  lol 

but fine I guess. The New Day shouldn't have lost either, in my eyes, but at least the match was better. Bad Bunny was shockingly good.

Night 2 was a lot worse. 

The Fiend loses again, in a really confusing and dumb way. Who gets knocked out by a single RKO these days? The Fiend is now substantially less strong in Kayfabe than the likes of Drew McIntyre and even people he's dominated like Rollins. I mean, I like Orton pretty well, but the Fiend lost his WM debut, and even though I genuinely don't like the Fiend that much, him losing was just the wrong decision booking wise. He's a far cry from the unstoppable monster who premiered last year, with loses to Oldberg, Reigns (although without taking a pin), and Orton. He shouldn't have that many loses so quickly if they want him to be an unstoppable monster

i agree  but it would have been forgivable  if it turned out alexa was possessed  by sister Abigail and  she was fighting the fiend  for the soul of bray  which would have been mildly interesting but  nope instead alexa just turned power hungry  and now we get to try to take her as a heel against the fiend as face and ignore the the fact that  the fiend attacking her started this whole thing  but cheer for the demon possessed  guy because  alexa is the power hungry traitor lol  so stupid  follow up.

The Women's Tag Match was about what I expected. It's surreal how over with the crowd Tamina was though

KO vs. Sami Zayn was great but too short. Including Logan Paul did nothing except eat up match time for an already-too-short match. Still a really good one though

i like seeing owens stun him post match though

Riddle vs. Sheamus was good enough, but a little forgettable in my eyes.

same 

Big E and Apollo Crews had a good match as well, but its stipulation was very strange and as much as I like Apollo, I wish Big E had retained

i completely forgot this whole match  

The Asuka vs. Rhea Ripley match felt too short and very strange, much like the whole angle honestly. I love Asuka and have liked Rhea for the past few and some change in NXT, but this match was just too short and had no build up or emotional impact. Also, Asuka was an absolute workhorse for the Raw Women's Division for basically an entire year, and it's a shame she couldn't get her big WM win this year. I don't think she's ever won as WM either which is a disgrace honestly for how good and reliable she is.

i am not sure why people like rhea ripley so much.

The main event was good but a little clunky. Very unpredictable and good overall though. I really liked how it kept you guessing and I wasn't really sure who would win throughout most of it. Very good physical performance all around, and probably the right decision. I'm glad Edge didn't win honestly. Timing isn't right, and I'm not at all a fan of someone stepping back in to Wrestling after years of not participating and just running roughshod over the division

i agree with all but the edge point   i think edge should have won because he is wrestling on borrowed time he already has been injured since his return last year and had to miss months of time and he had like  2 or 3 month feud with orton before  ever even going after the title but it's fine it sets up a feud with bryan  and edge has a legit beef with him   

Overall, Night 1 was very enjoyable and Night 2 had some very good matches, but was end-to-end not as good 

47 minutes ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

WWE just did their yearly roster cuts. A lot of talent released. My guess is creative had nothing for a lot of them. A shame really but oh well they all have plenty of places to go.

Here's hoping Samoa Joe heads over to AEW.

Speaking of, never sat down and watched AEW. Where can I watch it? I don't have cable.

On 4/15/2021 at 10:29 AM, comic_book_fan said:

In regards to Rhea, I think a lot of it is the that she came into the NXT Women's division at the perfect time. Shayna had held the title for just a little too long, and had defended successfully against basically every big player in the division, some of them multiple times. Enter Rhea: Great look, good mic skills, does well in the ring, and most importantly, in her early days in NXT was built up like a monster. The Wargames match between her team and Shayna's team was great, and made me really like her. She's not the best wrestler in any individual capacity, but she's all around good, and I think so much of wrestling is how you're introduced to a character.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://nypost.com/2021/06/02/wwe-releases-braun-strowman-aleister-black-in-shocking-move/

Holy Moly. Strowman, Black, Lana, Riott. Those are some pretty big names and I'm honestly shocked by their release. I guess Black and Lana had their SOs released last year so it's not too surprising, but good lord this company is trash

• 4 months later...