Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

Most Underrated Characters on CBUB

Boratz

Guest tomisntblue
What? If anything, the 2003 'toon was the closest to doing the Mirage Turtles justice. That show kicked much ass, literally and figuratively. It only really started sucking in its Fast Forward era.

The 2003 cartoon still wasn't like the Mirage Turtles. IMO it seemed like a middle ground between the 80's and Mirage Turltes.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? If anything, the 2003 'toon was the closest to doing the Mirage Turtles justice. That show kicked much ass, literally and figuratively. It only really started sucking in its Fast Forward era.

I really liked the 2003 Turtles. It wasn't my favorite, but it was still good. I do feel bad with the current state of cartoons.

I suggest you watch Turtles Forever where the 80s and 2003 TMNT met the Mirage Turtles.

-Rakai'Thwei

I've been meaning to watch Turtles Forever. ;) I recorded it when it aired on Nicktoons, but heard some footage was cut out for time constraints.

I did see most of that meeting between the Turtles, though. Judging from that alone, it seemed to me that the '87 and Mirage versions were almost caricatures of themselves. The '87 Turtles seemed to be made out to be almost complete wusses, while the Mirage Turtles seemed over-the-top ruthless.

the Mirage Turtles seemed over-the-top ruthless.

If you ask me, as someone who has read the original Mirage comics of the TMNT, those were toned down a bit.

I mean in the first original issue of TMNT, they killed the Shredder. They even imply that they were going to kill him for the death of Hamato Yoshi.

The original Mirage Turtles WERE over-the-top ruthless.

-Rakai'Thwei

If you ask me, as someone who has read the original Mirage comics of the TMNT, those were toned down a bit.

I mean in the first original issue of TMNT, they killed the Shredder. They even imply that they were going to kill him for the death of Hamato Yoshi.

The original Mirage Turtles WERE over-the-top ruthless.

-Rakai'Thwei

Ah, my bad. :P I haven't read the Mirage comics in quite some time. I do remember the Turtles killing Shredder in the first ish, though.

But on to the topic at hand (and at the risk of being considered a Gargoyles fanboy, lol), Macbeth from Gargoyles is another underutilized character here, though he's only been in the database for just over a month. Here are his abilities:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbeth_%28Ga...s_and_abilities

Here is Macbeth taking on the Manhattan Clan. He does have the element of surprise, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN0ZXac3GhE

Here he is holding his own against Goliath. It also happens to show that Goliath is good with a weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKb88x8NoQ...feature=related

And here he fights his archenemy, Demona.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKb88x8NoQ...feature=related

I'll be quick to note, though, that Macbeth isn't a bad guy. He just seriously hates Demona, for very good reasons.

The United States Colonial Marines are heavily under-rated, in both debates and in continuity for Alien vs. Predator as far as I know.

Seriously, if anyone looks at ALIENS: Colonial Marines Tech Manual which explains their armory and inventory, some of the shit they have is just down right spooky.

-Rakai'Thwei

If you want underrated, I present you with this: The record of my favorite character.

Her powers, yep that whole page, she's a Mistborn.

She has a 4-10 record, let's go over this losses shall we, see what her real record should be.

Loss to Predator:

Admittedly this one could go either way, armament and experience of Yautja vary so the is a possible loss possible win.

Loss to Naruto Uzumaki: As I recall this was Pre-skip pre-VotE Naruto ninja carry various metal weapons and even a metal plate on their foreheads. Vin should destroyed him.

Loss to Sasuke Uchiha: Same as the Naruto fight pre-skip, pre-VotE. A litte more even do to his Sharingan and fire jutsu. However Vin can keep pace with him do to pewter and again the whole metal thing.

Loss to Sosuke Aizen: What can you do? This match was made by and idiot. This is a true loss.

Loss to Death Eaters, The: A possible loss but not likely given Vin is pysically superior to wizards in speed, strength and reflexes not to metion she be pelting thim with coins that move like bullets.

Loss to The Punisher: See the Naruto and Sasuke fights above.

Loss to Starkiller: Jedi/Sith are not bullet-times and Vin's coins move as fast as bullets, coin to the head.

Loss to Chichi: Faster, stronger, better Vin is.

Loss to Boromir: Do I really have to go into this one?

Loss to Spider-Man: This on could go either way honestly they're more or less even.

At worst Vin record should be 11-3 at best 13-1 or 12-2 depending on the Spider-man match.

While your character is indeed underrated and little known, I have to present possibly the most underrated character in the databases and the reason why I'm going to do an arc with him very soon:Rand al'Thor

For those you you who don't know him, he is the most powerful of his magic users has various destructive powers and wields a secret move that can wipe out an entire city at the speed of light. And yet he only has one win to boot. In order to improve his record, I'm starting small with non-comic book characters.

While your character is indeed underrated and little known, I have to present possibly the most underrated character in the databases and the reason why I'm going to do an arc with him very soon:Rand al'Thor

For those you you who don't know him, he is the most powerful of his magic users has various destructive powers and wields a secret move that can wipe out an entire city at the speed of light. And yet he only has one win to boot. In order to improve his record, I'm starting small with non-comic book characters.

Send Rand, my best, I just started the Great Hunt.

*Looks at Nesh blankly* What do you mean?

That was me basically acknowldging I know who Rand is and that I just started the second book of the Wheel of Time.

Well wish me luck convincing people. And you should try more Vin matches. There should be plenty of new material you can use to earn her some wins.

you want to talk underrated Q is highly underrated

Elim Garak 257 to 138

Loss Obi-Wan Kenobi 44 to 59

Loss Mr. Mxyzptlk 33 to 42

Win Cosmo & Wanda 38 to 35

Loss Beyonder 38 to 54

Win Sandman 41 to 34

Win Weyoun 76 to 17

Loss Loki 30 to 60

Loss Galactus 54 to 55

Loss Doctor Manhattan 44 to 58

Loss Superman 63 to 81

Loss Bender 48 to 53

Loss Super Friends 34 to 54

Loss Guardians of the Universe

thats his record the only people on that whole list that is even a fight is mr.mxyzptlk

beyonder and galactus.

Guest Omega11
you want to talk underrated Q is highly underrated

Elim Garak 257 to 138

Loss Obi-Wan Kenobi 44 to 59

Loss Mr. Mxyzptlk 33 to 42

Win Cosmo & Wanda 38 to 35

Loss Beyonder 38 to 54

Win Sandman 41 to 34

Win Weyoun 76 to 17

Loss Loki 30 to 60

Loss Galactus 54 to 55

Loss Doctor Manhattan 44 to 58

Loss Superman 63 to 81

Loss Bender 48 to 53

Loss Super Friends 34 to 54

Loss Guardians of the Universe

thats his record the only people on that whole list that is even a fight is mr.mxyzptlk

beyonder and galactus.

That's probably less underrated than unknown or unliked.

That's probably less underrated than unknown or unliked.

No... he was defeated just like Picard defeats him...

I remember most of these and the basic premises of them was some kind of Test or something. So Underrated, no...

• 3 weeks later...

From a paleontology standpoint Tyrannosaurus Rex is under rated on here. The thing has enough force in its bite to flip a tractor trailer like a pancake. A single bite from it is enough to put down a number of opponents it has lost against.

Guest He who fights monsters
From a paleontology standpoint Tyrannosaurus Rex is under rated on here. The thing has enough force in its bite to flip a tractor trailer like a pancake. A single bite from it is enough to put down a number of opponents it has lost against.

I agree, being knowledgeable about dinosaurs. The Tyrannosaurus Rex is said to have a bite force of 3-9 tons. The reason why it is underrated is because of it becoming a jobber for bigger predators like the

and the Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus. Although the two predators are bigger, it does not mean better. Also in the first video, the Giganotosaurus' size is very exaggerated. The Spinosaurus deserves a bad record as it is mostly a fish eater. The Giganotosaurus was a carnivore, but instead of crushing jaws, it had slicing teeth.

I agree, being knowledgeable about dinosaurs. The Tyrannosaurus Rex is said to have a bite force of 3-9 tons. The reason why it is underrated is because of it becoming a jobber for bigger predators like the
and the Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus. Although the two predators are bigger, it does not mean better. Also in the first video, the Giganotosaurus' size is very exaggerated. The Spinosaurus deserves a bad record as it is mostly a fish eater. The Giganotosaurus was a carnivore, but instead of crushing jaws, it had slicing teeth.

3-9 tons per square inch too. If the V-Rex's in King Kong were anything like their ancestors, that bite on his shoulder should have made that arm completely useless.

Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row characters are underrated on CBUB.

One good example is Niko Bellic's record

Win Captain Spaulding

Win Carl 'CJ' Johnson

Win The Postal Dude

Win James Earl Cash

Loss Howard Saint

Loss Arkham Asylum

Win Tommy Vercetti

Win Tommy Vercetti

Win The Living Dead

Loss Predator

Loss Leon Kennedy

Loss The Punisher

Loss Sailor Mercury

Win Fanboys

Loss Celtic Predator

With the exception of Arkham and The Punisher, Niko should have won all the matches he lost.

Howard Saint, meh, perhaps.

Arkham Asylum, are you kidding me? They have people there such as Killer Croc, etc... depends on the set up.

Gangbanger versus Predator, we all know how that turns out.

Leon Kennedy would win... his survival skills and his training surpasses Niko's.

The Punisher is too hardcore for Niko, he easily outclasses in all aspects.

Sailor Mercury... she simply freezes him in ice and be on her way.

Same as Predator.

Niko Bellic is ex Serbian Special Forces Op, so he can kick some ass. With the POSSIBLE EXCEPTION of his Punisher and Arkham matches he should have won all those matches he lost.

No, just no. Against the Predators? Surely Dutch's unit surpasses him. And they got owned by one Predator. Leon is a survivor that's gone up against insurmountable odds. Niko's only gone up against gangbangers. Etc, etc...

Predators are overrated as hell. Dutch killed the Predator in the movie. In the second Predator movie, a freaking cop killed one. Niko has Special Forces training. Against Leon Kennedy, Niko has better training so he could kill Leon.

After it slaughtered his crew, yes. This is a testament to their feats. The same Pred that said cop killed took out dozens of gangbangers, cops, and whatnot... again, its a testament of what they can do. Leon became a secret agent for the US Government. I'm pretty certain that his training was superior in that aspect. I believe he was Special Operations at one point.

Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row characters are underrated on CBUB.

One good example is Niko Bellic's record

Win Captain Spaulding

Win Carl 'CJ' Johnson

Win The Postal Dude

Win James Earl Cash

Loss Howard Saint

Loss Arkham Asylum

Win Tommy Vercetti

Win Tommy Vercetti

Win The Living Dead

Loss Predator

Loss Leon Kennedy

Loss The Punisher

Loss Sailor Mercury

Win Fanboys

Loss Celtic Predator

With the exception of Arkham and The Punisher, Niko should have won all the matches he lost.

It is never stated what kind of soldier Niko is, so whether or not he is special forces could be discussed.

With that said, unless the predator is without armour and weapons, and Niko is standing in front of it with something fully automatic, I'd give the match to the predator.

Every predator is faster, stronger, more durable, has better weaponry and better training.

That takes care of all the predators, now for the rest of his losses, since I don't know either Leon Kennedy or Howard saint, I can't comment on that, Sailor Mercury on the other hand I Do know.

Sailor Mercury can control water, she uses that for various purposes, usually a mist or a direct beam attack, also she is resistant if not completely immune to conventional firearms, which means that Niko doesn't have anything that can hurt her, also in her Sailor Senshi form, her strength increases roughly ten fold from her base strength, even though she is just a regular teenage girl, this still gives her a strength advantage over Niko in a H2H fight.

Military Training and good firearms woul win those fights for Niko.

Just like it won it for all of Dutch's team and the group of special ops guys in Predator 2? :D