Captain Britain: 4

Most Underrated Characters on CBUB

Boratz

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest silversurfer092
I've always been partial to Atticus Finch. Wait... is he in the CBUB database? Oh. Imagine that.

BOO RADLEY ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest force_echo

Iron Man is underrated SOMETIMES. Most of the times hes alright though, its just that people dont realize that his armor can survive anything short of a nuclear explosion at ground zero.

Look, practically any character that is unknown to most people can get underrated against a more popular character. There are examples where little known characters get the deserving win, but there are other examples where the less popular person lost. I think this is what Nesh was addressing about what was happening to Vin.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Red Blue Blur
I think you broke my mind with that.

Anyway, after seeing just how little people seem to know on the physical and technological abilities of the Yautja, I'm going to say that the "Elder Predator" is so horribly under rated that it's not even funny.

HIGHLY AGREED!!!

Hidan is underrated on CBUB

True, though I haven't seen any of his fight here...

Ninja, with extremely fast speed and reflexes, Immortal, has many Ninja techniques, and has an Instant Death Technique he can pull on people... Yeah, he should be winning more if he's not.

GTA characters get no respect.

What Tom said...

But you have to think before you put them into a fight... They are just regular Humans with regular Black Market weapons, how could they possibly fight and stand a chance against 90% of the CBUB database?

Batman (a regular Human in the database) takes guys like these down on a regular basis...

I don't feel like going through the entire thread to see if he made it on the list but I'm saying Kenpachi

Yeah, the Man can cut skyscrapers in half with his sword, One Handed... While Restraining his Full Power...

That and as a Captain, he's practically invisible when he dodges or charges due to his immense speed.

Then there's his insane durability... it takes other high level beings who could also wreak building like him to actually cut him...

HIGHLY AGREED!!!

I disagree... Unless there is some sort of cybernetics or comic book mutation or supernatural effect or mystical spells on them... I see No Way that an Elder Yautja could be Naturally a 20ton lifter...

Also No, not even in the films were they Bullet Dodgers... IIRC Rakai likes to point out in PredII that the scene where a Yautja dodged automatic gunfire...

He did so while he was cloaked in a very chaotic environment where the guy was very trigger happy... the guy didn't even see the Pred to even fire on him... at best it was Aim Dodging because the guy was so afraid that he was practically broadcasting every move and motion to anyone observant... Fast, but not bullet time.

Dr. Strange is underrated.

Indeed, a fair many fight should have ended with him sealing his opponents in the Tentacle ████ Dimension...

Guest force_echo
Indeed, a fair many fight should have ended with him sealing his opponents in the Tentacle ████ Dimension...

LOL, not even banishing though, Dr. Stranges magical powers are extremly powerful, he could've ended the Civil War with a snap of his fingers.

Guest Red Blue Blur
I disagree... Unless there is some sort of cybernetics or comic book mutation or supernatural effect or mystical spells on them... I see No Way that an Elder Yautja could be Naturally a 20ton lifter...

Also No, not even in the films were they Bullet Dodgers... IIRC Rakai likes to point out in PredII that the scene where a Yautja dodged automatic gunfire...

He did so while he was cloaked in a very chaotic environment where the guy was very trigger happy... the guy didn't even see the Pred to even fire on him... at best it was Aim Dodging because the guy was so afraid that he was practically broadcasting every move and motion to anyone observant... Fast, but not bullet time.

The movies are not the only sources for the Predators. I bring most my knowledge from the nine novels and graphic novels written.

Predator: South China Sea

In one particular book a predator faces off against two russian special ops in the middle of a field and they cant even hit him using MP5's. The Pred dodges until close enough to kill them with his wrist blades. In the same novel him comes across a small malitia in south china that uses mortar rounds and dozens of automatic weapons to no avail as the pred swiftly dodges until he is inside there compound.

Predator: Concrete Jungle (the novel)

A pred is fighting dutch's brother who sets a trap for the pred by demolishing a 4 story building on top of him and the pred comes out slightly injured.

Predator: Turnabout

A predator (while he eventually dies) takes a 50 cal. round to the chest but gets back up to fight a little while longer.

In the graphic novels the preds show countless times the ability to dodge gunfire and take on a full blast from a bomb unscathed.

While no an Elder Predator wouldnt beat Iron Man or Superman it should be able to easily defeat the likes of Batman or Captain America due to power, speed, agility, and fighting experience (being around 800yrs old as an elder)

The movies are not the only sources for the Predators. I bring most my knowledge from the nine novels and graphic novels written.

Predator: South China Sea

In one particular book a predator faces off against two russian special ops in the middle of a field and they cant even hit him using MP5's. The Pred dodges until close enough to kill them with his wrist blades. In the same novel him comes across a small malitia in south china that uses mortar rounds and dozens of automatic weapons to no avail as the pred swiftly dodges until he is inside there compound.

Well, all the information you've given me is just a field with two guys in it... Weather? Cloak? Brush height? Cover? what?

As for the Malita... so what, the Preds in the Movies took out like armed people, Pred one was spec-opps, and Pred two was drugged up gangsters.

Also the MP5's muzzle velocity is only between 300 and 400 m/s, most Assault Rifles today are around 900 m/s. Which have been shown to Hit them as seen in Pred 1... "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Which to me suggests that they are Fast, but not Bullet Dodgers. Just Really good Aim dodgers.

Predator: Concrete Jungle (the novel)

A pred is fighting dutch's brother who sets a trap for the pred by demolishing a 4 story building on top of him and the pred comes out slightly injured.

Yeah, and collapsed buildings can't have voids that would protect the Pred? People have survived buildings falling on them before, and I do admit that a Pred has better durability then a regular human would.

Predator: Turnabout

A predator (while he eventually dies) takes a 50 cal. round to the chest but gets back up to fight a little while longer.

Another good feat, but it shows

1) High Speed Bullets can hit them (I assume that it wasn't a pistol that shot him?)

2) that they can die from High Caliber Rifle rounds

In the graphic novels the preds show countless times the ability to dodge gunfire and take on a full blast from a bomb unscathed.

While no an Elder Predator wouldnt beat Iron Man or Superman it should be able to easily defeat the likes of Batman or Captain America due to power, speed, agility, and fighting experience (being around 800yrs old as an elder)

Hmm, the problem with graphic novels is that we can't see whether he dodged their aim or the actual bullets. Not unless it shoves it in our face with a Matrix style approach...

As well, I never said an Elder Pred should be taking on Iron Man or Superman... I would think his league more mundane. Like Punisher, Dare Devil, Batman, Green Arrow, ect. ect.

Guest Red Blue Blur
Well, all the information you've given me is just a field with two guys in it... Weather? Cloak? Brush height? Cover? what?

As for the Malita... so what, the Preds in the Movies took out like armed people, Pred one was spec-opps, and Pred two was drugged up gangsters.

Also the MP5's muzzle velocity is only between 300 and 400 m/s, most Assault Rifles today are around 900 m/s. Which have been shown to Hit them as seen in Pred 1... "If it bleeds, we can kill it"

Which to me suggests that they are Fast, but not Bullet Dodgers. Just Really good Aim dodgers.

This was on a sunny day, no cloak, with knee high grass in about a 30 yard area. In the first movie that was a Predator on his first hunt trying to claim its first trophies. Elder Predators have not been shown in the movies really other than the ending of pred 2 and AVP. They have them fighting in AVP novels describing them as making Predators like the ones in the movies as being childish in comparisson.

Yeah, and collapsed buildings can't have voids that would protect the Pred? People have survived buildings falling on them before, and I do admit that a Pred has better durability then a regular human would.

according to the book the entire building fell on him and he climbed out of the rubble

Another good feat, but it shows

1) High Speed Bullets can hit them (I assume that it wasn't a pistol that shot him?)

2) that they can die from High Caliber Rifle rounds

an ex marine sniper shot him with a chey tac sniper rifle directly in the chest

Hmm, the problem with graphic novels is that we can't see whether he dodged their aim or the actual bullets. Not unless it shoves it in our face with a Matrix style approach...

As well, I never said an Elder Pred should be taking on Iron Man or Superman... I would think his league more mundane. Like Punisher, Dare Devil, Batman, Green Arrow, ect. ect.

• 1 month later...
Guest Omega11
Hidan is underrated on CBUB

Hmmm...I'm not so sure about that.

He's probably a little underrated by the general populace since he's a lesser known manga character, but I'd say he's actually overrated by the people who actually know who he is.

In terms of skill, he's actually on the low end as far as Naruto ninjas go. Really all he has going for him is his immortality, which is essentially useless without Kakuzu to stitch him back together after he's been decapitated or something.

Plus he's not very smart, and tends to rush into a fight head on because he's immortal, which would lead to his defeat often times.

He could probably still beat a lot of baseline humans, but I think he'd lose against pretty much anyone with superhuman powers or even peak human abilities(Captain America, Iron Fist, Batman, etc.)

Guest force_echo
from what i've seen in the few matches he's appeared in while i've been here, Gambit is pretty underrated on cbub.

Are you serious? Like 90% of the battles I see with him end up in the argument "Gambit charges everything and wins". He used to be underrated, but now, hes overrated.

The Dead or Alive characters are seriously underrated here.

For one, Jan Lee has actually knocked out a Tyrannosaurus-Rex in the events of Dead or Alive 4.

Highlander characters maybe under-rated, and their underused. For one, the power of the Quickening gives them their immortality, and it grants them near Wolverine healing acceleration.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest sirmethos
Are you serious? Like 90% of the battles I see with him end up in the argument "Gambit charges everything and wins". He used to be underrated, but now, hes overrated.

well, i've only really seen him used in two matches. Archangel and Gambit vs. the Violator. and Cyclops vs. Storm vs. Gambit. and in both matches people were definitely underrating him. in the match with cyclops and storm people basically considered him a non-issue.

The Dead or Alive characters are seriously underrated here.

For one, Jan Lee has actually knocked out a Tyrannosaurus-Rex in the events of Dead or Alive 4.

Highlander characters maybe under-rated, and their underused. For one, the power of the Quickening gives them their immortality, and it grants them near Wolverine healing acceleration.

-Rakai'Thwei

never really been into Dead or Alive, so i can't really comment on that. as for the Highlander characters, i definitely agree that they're underused, but aside from the Quickening giving them immortality and healing factor. they're pretty much just normal humans. granted, they're extremely skilled humans, but humans nonetheless.

but aside from the Quickening giving them immortality and healing factor. they're pretty much just normal humans.

Depends on which Highlander continuity you follow.. But over all, no, they're not normal humans.

If you follow Highlander > Highlander II the Quickening, then the Immortals are really aliens from a planet called Zeist.

If you follow Highlander > Highlander III then Immortals are known to channel their Quickening through their bodies to do superhuman feats-- such as the Kurgan knocking down a stone building in six or so strikes. They are also known to make their swords indestructible by channeling their Quickening into their swords and electrically charge them to enable them to literally cut through almost anything.

If you follow Highlander > Highlander the Series > Highlander Endgame then it's pretty much the same as above.

-Rakai'Thwei

It's because of the 87 and 2003 cartoons are what make the TMNT so wrongly under-rated, if people knew more about the original Mirage comics, then it'd be a who different story.

-Rakai'Thwei

What? If anything, the 2003 'toon was the closest to doing the Mirage Turtles justice. That show kicked much ass, literally and figuratively. It only really started sucking in its Fast Forward era.

What? If anything, the 2003 'toon was the closest to doing the Mirage Turtles justice.

I suggest you watch Turtles Forever where the 80s and 2003 TMNT met the Mirage Turtles.

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest Omega11
What? If anything, the 2003 'toon was the closest to doing the Mirage Turtles justice. That show kicked much ass, literally and figuratively. It only really started sucking in its Fast Forward era.

Agreed. I was a big fan of the new show. Of course, I used to be a big fan of the old show too, but back when I watched it, I was still in the target audience age range, so it was good. But when I looked back on it as I got older...wow.