MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 13

IKA

The CBUB Fantasy Draft: Season Thirteen

It finally returns after almost two years! November 4th, 2023 12PM ET

Numerology says that number 13 is a  number of focus and pragmatism

CBUB Fantasy Teams is kind of like Fantasy Sports games.  You draft a Team and they get thrown into matches for a "Season" which is typically several weeks.

In case you need a refresher on the rules, here you go :

The Fantasy Draft FAQ

When the draft is open visit your CBUB Control Panel to draft your team.

This season's competitive slots...

Horror Icons - The Shining: Best Horror (Movie) - Wattpad

SLOT 1: The Team's Horror ICON

The type that makes your hair stand on ends. 

Base Line Examples:

• Michael Myers
  • Ghost Face
  • Wish Master

Note: Slot 1 will be matched in battle against Slot 2!

15 Hilarious Christmas GIFs That You'll Want To Share - Society19

SLOT 2: The Christmas themed character

It's that time of year!

Base Line Examples:

• Santa Clause
  • Rudolph the Red-nosed reindeer
  • Willie Soke

Note: Slot 2 will be matched in battle against Slot 1!

Racing-kid GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

SLOT 3: The Team's Vehicle

Should have the Need for Speed... and handling, maybe some defense systems. 

Base Line Examples:

• Mach 5
  • Bat Mobile
  • Cat bus

World War Z - Jerusalem wall on Make a GIF

SLOT 4: The Team's Horde

Near human level, known to travel in packs. No characters with supernatural abilities. 

Base Line Examples:

• Zs (Word War Z)
  • The Infected (The Last of Us)
  • Freakers (Days Gone)

Ai Huh GIF - Ai Huh What - Discover & Share GIFs

SLOT 5: The Team's Artificial Intellegence

Must be completely mechanical in nature. Can function without a body.

Base Line Examples:

• Hal 5000
  • Jarvas 
  • The Red Queen

Anime Fail GIFs | Tenor

SLOT 6: The Team's Athlete

Must be base human level!

Base Line Examples:

• Little Mac
  • Rocky Balboa
  • Bobby Bocher
  • Kotaro Bokuto

What-a-fine-day-for-science GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

SLOT 7: The Team's Scientist

These matches will be judged solely on the contender's natural Intelligence!

• Dexter
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Brain
  • Dr. Neo Cortex

Crash Bandicoot Come On GIF - Crash Bandicoot Come On Get It - Discover &  Share GIFs

SLOT 8: The Team's Mascot

Mascots are what sell your team!

• Geico Caveman
  • Mr. Clean
  • Jolly Green Giant
  • Trix the Rabbit

Elmer-fudd GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

SLOT 9: The Team's Hunter

The weapons expert. Time for a hunt. 

• Slade Wilson
  • Deadshot
  • Elmer Fudd
  • Kraven the Hunter

Note: Slot 9 will be matched in battle against Slot 10!

GIF goofy creepy in my dreams - animated GIF on GIFER

SLOT 10: The Team's Anthropomorphic Animal

Looks like an animal, walks like a human.

• Bugs Bunny
  • Mikey Mouse
  • Brian Griffin

Note: Slot 10 will be matched in battle against Slot 9!

• Thanks 2

Slot clarification:

How the slots will compete: 
Slot 1: Horror Icon vs. Slot 2: Christmas themed character
Slot 9: Hunter vs. Slot 10: Anthropomorphic Animal. 

The rest of the slot will be self contained - Slot 3 vs Slot 3, Slot 4 vs Slot 4 etc.

The slots will not necessarily be fights or races, there will be a variety of challenges for all slots.

Hmmm ... 

I've seen a few dozen more films since the last Draft, so I'm probably a little more prepared this time out. :D 

4 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

Am I too late? For I have returned!

It's never too late. Until it is. In this case it's not, but it could have been. Maybe.

Welcome back.

• Thanks 1

Happy Halloween everyone. In the remaining days leading up to Draft Day I'm going to be explaining the selections a little more in depth. Check back daily for a better idea on what to draft!

Slot 1: The Team's Horror Icon -

This member should be selected from what is considered a Horror Movie. This can be Something "Scary" like Pennywise from IT, or something more of a thriller like The Hitcher. These characters like to cause chaos usually through very terrifying means. They thrive on the fear.

They will be going toe to toe with the next selection.

Slot 2: The Team's Christmas Themed Character - 

The Holidays are quickly falling upon us so time to get cheery! This Character should be the exact opposite to the team's horror Icon. This means that certain characters may not fit this slot despite being Christmas Themed. Characters such as Santa Clause - Bill Goldberg's character in Santa's Slay would not qualify for this slot and would be denied. However if you choose a more cheerful character such as Tim Allen's Santa from The Santa Clause that would be approved. 

It should be noted that though these two slots will be going head to head this does not necessarily mean that they will be combat related. Let's take a look at one example from the challenges.

image.png

In this example it is simply which one you think would make be batter a making a costume. Your character really needs to sell their respective holiday, be it through Fear or Joy!

Today we'll take a look at slots 3 and 4. These will both be self contained slots meaning they will only be facing others of the same category.

Slot 3: The Team's Vehicle

This one is pretty self explanatory. It's a Vehicle and by that I mean the vehicle itself. For example you can pick the Batmobile or the Mach 5, but not Batman or Speed Racer. To this point all vehicles that are not self aware such as Cat Bus or Herby, will be considered to be driven by an expert who can use the vehicles to their max potential. Please note that vehicles can do more than just race. See the example below. 

Challenge_3_Twisted_Metal.png

Slot 4: The Team's Horde

Okay honestly this one I am expecting to trip more people up than the others. In this category you will be choosing a horde of something that would normally travel in such a way. Zombies are the most notable, but Aliens could fit in this category. However, Some groups would not be allowed, we are trying to keep this category without any mythical powers. These characters should be near human level if they are taken individually, but as a group can be a force to be reckoned with. They will all be unarmed and only given what the challenge allows. This one was perhaps the one I had the most fun making. Let's see an example.

Challenge_4_Wrestling_Ring.png

Check back tomorrow for slots 5 and 6!

It's time to look at slots 5, 6 and 7!

Slot 5: The Team's AI

These should be completely mechanical in nature, they can survive without a body. They were created not born! These Challenges will be a test of wits, being solving problems or challenging the other AI to a game. Here is one example!

Challenge_3_AI.png

Slot 6: The Team's Athlete

You are going to choose a human with exceptional Athletic Abilities! The should be able to run, jump, swim, crawl, etc. better than their opponent! These will not be fights, but rather competitions! Let's take a look at one challenge they'll be partaking in!

Challenge_1_Deadman_Wonderland.png

Slot 7: The Team's Scientist

Unlike the AI these scientists are very much organic, but know that they can be so much more if only they put their mind to it! The Create life, or they destroy it it's all up to their imagination. These Scientists will be out to prove that they are the smartest of them all! It may sound similar to slot 5, but the challenges will be very different. Here is just one of the challenges that they'll be partaking in!

Challenge_1_BattleBots.png

We're on the eve of the draft! I hope everyone is looking forward to their picks. I have 3 more slots to take a be

Slot 8: The Team's Mascot

We have done this type of slot before, so for those who participated i that season it should feel a bit familiar. Choose someone to represent your team , this character must be a mascot of a company, sports team, or the likes. This Will be based on your characters charisma and ability to sell! Here's something they might have to sell.

Challenge_1_Silent_Hill.png

Slot 9: The Team's Hunter

This character will be trying to hunt down another team's Anthropomorphic Animal. Choose someone who is skilled in multiple forms of weaponry.

They will be going head to head with.

Slot 10: The Team's Anthropomorphic Animal

An animal with human like qualities. They will be trying to defend against the hunter, try to choose someone based on their wit and creativity!

Let's take a look at one of their challenges!

Challenge_1_Acme.png

Now that all slots have been better defined, I wish you all the best luck in The CBUB Fantasy Draft Season 13 - Drafting Starts tomorrow 11/04/23 @ 12PM ET!

Huh, more quality picks are still out there right now than I would've thought. Part of me's hoping @Magnamax shows so he and I can keep up our perfect attendance record with this thing. :D 

BTW, @IKA, for the Team Horde slot, do the horde's members have to be of the infected variety? 'Cuz I'm already seeing some picks that aren't normally zombie types. 

14 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Huh, more quality picks are still out there right now than I would've thought. Part of me's hoping @Magnamax shows so he and I can keep up our perfect attendance record with this thing. :D 

That would be nice. I suspect we'll see some returning names :) 

14 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

BTW, @IKA, for the Team Horde slot, do the horde's members have to be of the infected variety? 'Cuz I'm already seeing some picks that aren't normally zombie types. 

No, they just have to individually be human level, but are commonly see in a large group. Zombies are a good example but there are some good options out there.