Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 11

Fox

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

Your faith in the contender is admirable, however the Wanda-Vision body count is unimpressive.

I remain skeptical but the end of season stats will tell the tale.

It's not about the body count. Picture it, it wouldn't be fun being a literal puppet where you're literally not yourself. 

And it's to a point where in the final episode, the residents of Westview beg Wanda to kill them since at that point, death was more preferable to them. 

Just added three new locations. Skaro, the planet of the Daleks from Doctor Who. And two locations seen in Loki: Lamentis-1 and The Void.

Lamentis-1 being a planet having an apocalypse that Sylvie considers the worst place to hide in. And The Void, a place where variants and purged locations go to, it's all at the end of time. And if that's not bad enough, while yes, home to various Loki variants, there's a huge monster that devours variants known as Alioth. Can't be killed, can't be reasoned, etc. Even the poor saps on the USS Eldridge who got transported to the Void couldn't kill it. 

In short, The Void is a location that makes Jurassic Park look like Disney World. 

3 hours ago, RiotGear said:

Question about slot 7. Every other slot is supposed to be human or near human level does this apply to the comic relief side kick as well?

No, not particularly.

Is the show a Comedy? 

Was the character a Side-kick?

If you answered "yes" to both, then you may have a contender!

If the character is vastly overpowered in some way, then it may get denied.  But, no, there is no hard rules about that in this slot.

Surprised to know that no one has added any locations from LV-426... Well, that's about to change!

Now, I submitted in The Derelict (LV-426) and Hadley's Hope (LV-426).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox said:

No, not particularly.

Is the show a Comedy? 

Was the character a Side-kick?

If you answered "yes" to both, then you may have a contender!

If the character is vastly overpowered in some way, then it may get denied.  But, no, there is no hard rules about that in this slot.

So does the character need to be from a comedy? 

Because often when people talk about things like comic relief characters or comedy side kicks, its characters that provide, well comic relief in other wise serious pieces or are at least the silliest in a group of slightly more serious characters.

I have to leave for work. I think it unlikely I will get a chance to draft unless I get a lucky break during the day. Best of luck if I cannot get in.

Here's a question... I don't watch comedies a lot (primarily, because I find them stupid and not funny at all) so I want to know if characters from Saturday morning cartoons are okay and if they are more co-stars rather than sidekicks.

I mean, I added the 80s TMNT and I'm wondering if either 80s Michelangelo or 80s Raphael, the latter being more of a comedian than a hot-head unlike most incarnations, is acceptable?

6 hours ago, RiotGear said:

So does the character need to be from a comedy? 

Because often when people talk about things like comic relief characters or comedy side kicks, its characters that provide, well comic relief in other wise serious pieces or are at least the silliest in a group of slightly more serious characters.

Good question!

The category as suggested seems pretty open.  Comic Relief side kick seems reasonable.

4 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

I have to leave for work. I think it unlikely I will get a chance to draft unless I get a lucky break during the day. Best of luck if I cannot get in.

It will be open for at least a week.  That's just the start time.

36 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Here's a question... I don't watch comedies a lot (primarily, because I find them stupid and not funny at all) so I want to know if characters from Saturday morning cartoons are okay and if they are more co-stars rather than sidekicks.

I mean, I added the 80s TMNT and I'm wondering if either 80s Michelangelo or 80s Raphael, the latter being more of a comedian than a hot-head unlike most incarnations, is acceptable?

I think the one truism is that it needs to be a sidekick.

As someone else noted, the comic relief character in a serious show is often a sidekick.

Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot are sidekicks on Mystery Science Theater.  There's sidekicks everywhere, really.

Puss in Boots and Donkey are sidekicks in Shrek.

Sidekicks abounds. Please do a Google search for comic relief sidekicks and see what you come up with.

4 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

@Fox I'm just going to ask anyway... would Princess Leia count for the princess slot?

I understand that Disney now owns Lucasfilm, but this seems to be in the same category as Fox's Anastasia now being owned by Disney.

The Team Ninja slot description has been clarified to say that the character must be trained in Ninjutsu.

Characters who have that training such as various members of the Bat family would be eligible.

27 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

I do hace this question, would Bulk and Skull qualify for the comic relief spot?

No.

One because it is a duo and only single characters will be accepted.

Two because, while they are "comedy relief" they are not sidekicks.

Another question about the Thief slot: Can they have a powerful arsenal as long as they stay in the Tier 8-9 range?

1 minute ago, DSkillz said:

Another question about the Thief slot: Can they have a powerful arsenal as long as they stay in the Tier 8-9 range?

The Thief slot does not have a Tier Range, per-se.  It simply says baseline human with few or limited powers.

Force and Arsenal will not be considered, because the challenges are not combat challenges.  They are Thief challenges.

4 hours ago, Fox said:

It will be open for at least a week.  That's just the start time.

Wish I saw this before rush drafting on break.