Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Rumble 20599 Tom Cat vs. Death Angel (A Quiet Place)
MATCH SCORE
Tom Cat: 2
Death Angels (A Quiet Place): 0

Wolverine vs. Multiple Man
MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 3
Multiple Man: 4

Tournament - Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Viceroy Nute Gunray
MATCH SCORE
Captain James Tiberius Kirk: 6
Viceroy Nute Gunray: 3

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 11

Fox

6 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Though Giselle counts too. 

Technically, no.  Nancy Tremaine married the Prince and became the Princess and lived Happily Ever After. 

Giselle married a Divorce Attorney and never became a Princess.

Just now, Fox said:

Technically, no.  Nancy Tremaine married the Prince and became the Princess and lived Happily Ever After. 

Giselle married a Divorce Attorney and never became a Princess.

I mean, I know she was supposed to join the official line up but then Disney removed her upon realizing they'd have to pay likeness rights everytime. 

1 hour ago, Movie-Brat said:

I do have a question about the medic slot, can The Doctor from Doctor Who be included? Any of the incarnations?

No, I don't believe they fit the narrow "Medic" category that is intended.

8 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

One more thing, I saw Odette from The Swan Princess added. Sorry but no, she doesn't count either. She's not even with DreamWorks or Pixar. 

I added her anyway for things other than the draft, and was submitted at the same time as my question. 

Oh and I've been adding stuff for the draft. I added Latveria for locations, Anna from Frozen for the Disney Princesses and Ted Lasso for the Coach slot. That last one, besides What If, it's been the talk of the town around my circles. Like, people love that show! 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

So for Slot 7, it has to be a comedic side kick? I only ask because Agent 99 and Penny were listed as examples and if anything they play the straight man to the comedic antics of Maxwell Smart and Inspector Gadget respectively.

Hum. Well, let us go to the original suggestion from @ViceCityMobster86

Seems to me the definition of Comedy Sidekick is fairly nebulous. 

Is the show a Comedy?  Was the character a Side-kick? If you answered yes to both, then you may have a contender!

Also (edit)

Since you know this slot is going against whatever dangerous and terrible Lands people come up with in Slot 6, you should probably pick someone who can navigate that.

So, I put in two more locations for the tournament. Mordor and Westview, New Jersey. 

Now, why the latter? Well, if you recall, Wanda took over that town to live out her sitcom fantasies while processing her grief over Vision. And given what happened to people in that town, yeah. 

1 hour ago, comic_book_fan said:

what about gambit in the thief slot is he to powerful

and does the ninja versions of the power rangers  count as ninja's

Thieves: The issue with a thief character that has powers (like Gambit) is that it becomes difficult to calibrate the Thief challenges.  Examples:

Acrobatics!  Acrobatics including tumbling and high wire walking are trivialized by characters that have powers.  What is amazing for a human like Aladdin or Robin Hood is trivial for a X-Men mutant.

Lock picking! Why would Gambit pick the lock?  He would charge the lock and blow it using his Mutant Powers.

See, it's not possible to have fair Thief challenges when you poison the well with powers.

Ninjas:

1. You must demonstrate that the character has been trained in Ninjutsu.

Ninjutsu (忍術), sometimes used interchangeably with the modern term ninpō (忍法), is the strategy and tactics of unconventional warfare, guerrilla warfare and espionage purportedly practised by the ninja.

2. The character must fall within an acceptable street-level power range.

There are numerous Ninja characters in Anime with insane power levels - none of whom will be accepted.

52 minutes ago, Fox said:

Thieves: The issue with a thief character that has powers (like Gambit) is that it becomes difficult to calibrate the Thief challenges.  Examples:

Acrobatics!  Acrobatics including tumbling and high wire walking are trivialized by characters that have powers.  What is amazing for a human like Aladdin or Robin Hood is trivial for a X-Men mutant.

Lock picking! Why would Gambit pick the lock?  He would charge the lock and blow it using his Mutant Powers.

See, it's not possible to have fair Thief challenges when you poison the well with powers.

Ninjas:

1. You must demonstrate that the character has been trained in Ninjutsu.

Ninjutsu (忍術), sometimes used interchangeably with the modern term ninpō (忍法), is the strategy and tactics of unconventional warfare, guerrilla warfare and espionage purportedly practised by the ninja.

2. The character must fall within an acceptable street-level power range.

There are numerous Ninja characters in Anime with insane power levels - none of whom will be accepted.

Wouldn't Scorpion not be accepted then?

Just now, Movie-Brat said:

He has supernatural powers and whatnot. I thought he wouldn't count either given Anime ninjas based on the power level thing. 

I see.

It would be super helpful if you could state what the issue you are asking about is up front. 

Scorpion baseline floats around Tier 8 - 9 in Vs. Battle Wiki.  He's, like, definitive for this slot.

Try looking up the character in Vs Battle Wiki if you are unsure of where their power level is considered to be.

11 minutes ago, Fox said:

I see.

It would be super helpful if you could state what the issue you are asking about is up front. 

Scorpion baseline floats around Tier 8 - 9 in Vs. Battle Wiki.  He's, like, definitive for this slot.

Try looking up the character in Vs Battle Wiki if you are unsure of where their power level is considered to be.

That's the answer I'm looking for, was just curious. Thank you!

12 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

For the location category- would big ships work like The SDF-1, Enterprise, Andromeda? 

No, we are looking for more of a land-based venue.  Ring World, perhaps.

Also, consider that the Location will go up against the Comedy Side Kicks in slot 6.  I don't see how the Enterprise presents any challenge as typically the crew is quite welcoming and hospitable.

48 minutes ago, Fox said:

No, we are looking for more of a land-based venue.  Ring World, perhaps.

Also, consider that the Location will go up against the Comedy Side Kicks in slot 6.  I don't see how the Enterprise presents any challenge as typically the crew is quite welcoming and hospitable.

Westview, New Jersey is still allowed, right? 

33 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Westview, New Jersey is still allowed, right? 

Sure, I won't deny that. 

I personally wouldn't run it as I see options like Silent Hill and Jurassic Park as being more attractive.  But, you never know.

Is Westview New Jersey really that challenging for your average Comedy Side Kick when it's whole bit was, essentially, to be a sit com?  Maybe not.

12 minutes ago, Fox said:

Sure, I won't deny that. 

I personally wouldn't run it as I see options like Silent Hill and Jurassic Park as being more attractive.  But, you never know.

Is Westview New Jersey really that challenging for your average Comedy Side Kick when it's whole bit was, essentially, to be a sit com?  Maybe not.

Here's the thing, it's not just living through sitcoms. To put it one way, when Wanda sleeps, everyone in Westview under her control, has her nightmares. Not to mention the psychological implications where one guy couldn't even tell he was himself anymore. 

19 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Here's the thing, it's not just living through sitcoms. To put it one way, when Wanda sleeps, everyone in Westview under her control, has her nightmares. Not to mention the psychological implications where one guy couldn't even tell he was himself anymore. 

Your faith in the contender is admirable, however the Wanda-Vision body count is unimpressive.

I remain skeptical but the end of season stats will tell the tale.

3 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

He has supernatural powers and whatnot. I thought he wouldn't count either given Anime ninjas based on the power level thing. 

he says the thieves can't have powers not the ninjas the ninjas can have powers as long as there not crazy powerful