Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Rumble 20599 Tom Cat vs. Death Angel (A Quiet Place)
MATCH SCORE
Tom Cat: 2
Death Angels (A Quiet Place): 0

Wolverine vs. Multiple Man
MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 3
Multiple Man: 4

Tournament - Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Viceroy Nute Gunray
MATCH SCORE
Captain James Tiberius Kirk: 6
Viceroy Nute Gunray: 3

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 9

Fox

CBUB Fantasy Teams is kind of like Fantasy Sports games.  You draft a Team and they get thrown into matches for a "Season" which is typically several weeks.

In case you need a refresher on the rules, here you go :

The Fantasy Draft FAQ

Visit your CBUB Control Panel to draft your team.

SLOT 1: The Team's Cannon Fodder

A generic group of disposable stereotypes - often depicted as being easily defeated like Pirates, Ninjas and Storm Troopers.

Base Line Examples:

• Ninjas
  • Ewoks
  • Pirates
  • Kobolds
  • Goblins
  • Storm Troopers

SLOT 2: The Team's Master Detective

A character known for the ability to solve crimes without any crime-solving superpowers or psychic abilities.

Base Line Examples:

• Batman
  • Sherlock Holmes
  • James Bond
  • Duckman: Private Dick

SLOT 3: The Team's Criminal Mastermind

A character known for the ability to plan elaborate crimes without any crime-planning superpowers or psychic abilities.

Base Line Examples:

• Professor Moriaty
  • The Penguin
  • Danny Ocean (Ocean's 11)

SLOT 4: The Team's Marvel Comics Character

A Marvel Comics super character. Must not be more powerful than Vs Battle Wiki Tier 2. (Tier 11 to 2 allowed).

Base Line Examples:

There's a huge number of possibilities in there.

SLOT 5: The Team's DC Comics Character

A DC Comics super character. Must not be more powerful than Vs Battle Wiki Tier 2. (Tier 11 to 2 allowed).

Base Line Examples:

SLOT 6: The Team's Anime Character

An Anime super character. Must not be more powerful than Vs Battle Wiki Tier 2. (Tier 11 to 2 allowed).

Base Line Examples:

SLOT 7: The Team's Platformer

A video game character that primarily runs and jumps their way through the game.

Base Line Examples:

• Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Mario
  • American McGee's Alice
  • Lara Croft

Tier 4 for the Marvel/DC/Anime characters? That's going to be kind of limiting I think. There's only so many beings that are stellar-level without making the leap to galaxy, but we'll see how that goes. So I assume Detective vs. Criminal Mastermind, and the Marvel/DC/Anime crew are up against each other, but are the platformers against the cannon fodder then?

5 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Tier 4 for the Marvel/DC/Anime characters? That's going to be kind of limiting I think. There's only so many beings that are stellar-level without making the leap to galaxy, but we'll see how that goes. So I assume Detective vs. Criminal Mastermind, and the Marvel/DC/Anime crew are up against each other, but are the platformers against the cannon fodder then?

Tier 4 is just a Cap.  Feel free to pick any character as long as it is not over the cap.

Detectives are matched against Criminal Masterminds.

Criminal Masterminds are matched against Detectives.

Marvel characters are matched against DC characters, Anime characters.

Same with The Anime and DC slots - matched against the other 2.

Platformers and Cannon Fodder are matched against their own slot only.

No Bench.

37 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

If a character is listed as Tier 2 except for one extreme iteration being Tier 1 would that still count? Are we still doing specific versions of a character?

If the character has some version listed between 11 and 2 I'm letting it in.

e.g Thanos is fine, but not with the Infinity Gauntlet which is tier 1.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

I don't expect to win. And I don't expect to get very far either.

Well, you can always take a mulligan and re-choose a slot if you like.  Silk seems like she might be a bit under-powered in this field.

33 minutes ago, Fox said:

Well, you can always take a mulligan and re-choose a slot if you like.  Silk seems like she might be a bit under-powered in this field.

I don't know... I mean she's comparable to Spider-Man but slightly weaker in terms of physical strength because of her lighter build, but that's it as far as I know about her being under powered per se. I just went with the limitations provided.

16 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I don't know... I mean she's comparable to Spider-Man but slightly weaker in terms of physical strength because of her lighter build, but that's it as far as I know about her being under powered per se. I just went with the limitations provided.

Tier 2 characters can go up to like universal power is what he means. People like Galactus, Odin, Darkseid, etc. are all in the category 

Just now, Peypeypeypey said:

Tier 2 characters can go up to like universal power is what he means. People like Galactus, Odin, Darkseid, etc. are all in the category 

And I see everyone picked out universe busters... And here I was trying to pick someone who wasn't overwhelmingly powerful.

And unfortunately, I don't know much characters like that.

26 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

And I see everyone picked out universe busters... And here I was trying to pick someone who wasn't overwhelmingly powerful.

And unfortunately, I don't know much characters like that.

There's always Squirrel Girl

17 hours ago, Fox said:

You know, I might take you up on that seeing as more universe busters are kind of crowding the field a bit.

Okay, I might pull Silk out in favor of someone else then!

50 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

You know, I might take you up on that seeing as more universe busters are kind of crowding the field a bit.

Okay, I might pull Silk out in favor of someone else then!

OK, you should find your team available in your control panel.

Wow, unless I missed something in the past few days, the 9th Draft's opening was kind of ... sudden. Must've caught almost everyone else off-guard, too, 'cuz (I think) I was able to make some very good draft picks this time out. 

I'm still fairly surprised on who hasn't been drafted yet, such as Link and a lot of video game villains.

36 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Wow, unless I missed something in the past few days, the 9th Draft's opening was kind of ... sudden. Must've caught almost everyone else off-guard, too, 'cuz (I think) I was able to make some very good draft picks this time out. 

I'm still fairly surprised on who hasn't been drafted yet, such as Link and a lot of video game villains.

And Superman.

2 hours ago, Pizzaguy2995 said:

Just drafted my cast of characters, I think the only problem I’ll have is the anime character I picked. But I’ll leave it up to the judges to decide.

Looks like you're in so you're good there and regardless I don't think Frieza would be too much with the likes of Dragon Ball Super Broly and Beerus and Kefla in it already, heh.

2 hours ago, Z451 said:

Hey Fox, would Princess Katia count as a Team Platformer?

I'm honestly not familiar with that game, but it says on the Wiki there that it is a card-based action role-play game.  Which doesn't sound like a platformer.

You are going to want a preferably well-known platforming character for the challenges.  I won't deny it if you want it on your team, but it doesn't sound like a platformer and you shouldn't expect the character to do well in platforming challenges.

Thanks!