Rumble 20601 Balto vs. Troodons
MATCH SCORE
Balto: 1
Troodons: 4

Rumble 20600 Elodie vs. The Princess (2022 Film)
MATCH SCORE
Elodie: 4
The Princess (2022 Film): 3

Rumble 20599 Tom Cat vs. Death Angel (A Quiet Place)
MATCH SCORE
Tom Cat: 2
Death Angels (A Quiet Place): 0

Wolverine vs. Multiple Man
MATCH SCORE
Wolverine: 3
Multiple Man: 4

Tournament - Captain James Tiberius Kirk vs. Viceroy Nute Gunray
MATCH SCORE
Captain James Tiberius Kirk: 6
Viceroy Nute Gunray: 3

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 9

Fox

8 hours ago, Fox said:

Somebody throw me some additional Detective / Master Criminal challenge ideas to add into the season.

Thanks!

Hacker vs Internet sleuth/detective?

On 5/5/2021 at 2:17 PM, Fox said:

Somebody throw me some additional Detective / Master Criminal challenge ideas to add into the season.

Thanks!

• Serial Killer: The Criminal has been killing people over the course of a few years and the detective has been assigned to the case. Can the detective put together the clues and solve it starting from just 1 murder scene
  • Drug Cartel: The criminal mastermind has been put in charge of a drug empire. Can they keep it secret and profitable while the detective is on their case?
  • Caper: The Criminal Mastermind is trying to steal a valuable artifact/piece of art/expensive thing. Rather than trying to steal it back, this time the detective is working behind-the-scenes to orchestrate the guards to successfully prevent the theft, working with only the info that someone is trying to steal it
  • The Rat: The Detective is trying to bring down the Mastermind's criminal organization. They get a basic job in the organization and try to use said job to gather evidence, implicate individuals, and do as much damage as possible without getting uncovered. Criminal wins if they uncover the detective, detective wins if they can substantially hurt the organization's bottom line
  • Presidential Candidate: The Criminal Mastermind has tried to bury their past and run for president. The Detective must uncover the truth of their past and publicly expose them before they take office

1 hour ago, Peypeypeypey said:
  • Serial Killer: The Criminal has been killing people over the course of a few years and the detective has been assigned to the case. Can the detective put together the clues and solve it starting from just 1 murder scene

Thanks for the suggestions.

It's a tough one because, like the above, it's going to be way outside the MO of many Master Criminals.

Walking the fine line between generic and specific to make something which applies to most is challenging.

Can we also recommend different locales for Draft Matches?

I have a few which might be interesting...

Angkor Wat, Cambodia

92308.jpg

ZoZo Marine Stadium, Chiba Japan

P1270029_preview.jpeg

Gates of Hell, Clifton New Jersey, USA

IMG_4086-900x675.jpg

Matawan Creek, New Jersey USA

ksb709bw3tc51.jpg

The Amazon Rainforest, South America

Amazon-Jungle-Yasuni-Ecuador-scaled.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Can we also recommend different locales for Draft Matches?

I have a few which might be interesting...

Those are cool, thanks.

At the power level the current characters in draft are at - cosmic level - I don't see terrain as a factor.  Whatever the terrain is will be destroyed, possibly along with the planet.

But yeah, for more low powered matches I could see adding some of those.

45 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Just curious, shouldn't we be seeing round 4 matches right now?

Fox said round 4 will start tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Fox said round 4 will start tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

I think Fox posted that he was taking the day to come up with new scenarios for detective/criminal.

Ah, that's cool. Just wondering is all, thank you. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, @Fox, I have a possibly-important question for you that just occurred to me, if you see this comment tomorrow. 

With tie results now allowed, it's possible that a semi-final team match-up could also end in a draw. That being the case, would those teams have another match-up to break said tie?

10 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Hey, @Fox, I have a possibly-important question for you that just occurred to me, if you see this comment tomorrow. 

With tie results now allowed, it's possible that a semi-final team match-up could also end in a draw. That being the case, would those teams have another match-up to break said tie?

In the Death Match finals, ties do not happen.

It is Death Match, and Umpire will cast a random vote for one of the contenders if a tie score is detected in processing.

Death Match is Death Match.