Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Rumble 20566 Hippo vs. Rocksteady
MATCH SCORE
Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

CBUB interface updates

Fox

Works good. I have fix the names of Beerus, The Frieza Force, Piccolo, Runner Alien, and The Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Well, likely aside from Fox, I was the first to test the new profile name-changing feature a little earlier (and as Venom mentioned, it's working just fine), then I came back and went nuts. :D A lot of these profiles have had corrections coming for a long time. I'm going to take a break for now, but a lot of my focus so far has been on mythology characters. 

Note: I'm not going to post every change I'm going to make, but I'll just run off what I've done so far:

''Batman Beyond" is now "Batman (Terry McGinnis)"
"Static Shock" is now "Static (DC Comics)"
Terry Bogard's name is now capitalized
"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." is now "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Mirage)"
"Predator Herd" is now "Predator Clan"
"X-Men Evolution" is now "X-Men (X-Men: Evolution)" and has been moved to Toons
"Justice League Unlimited" is now "Justice League (DCAU)"
"Ms. Marvel" is now "Carol Danvers" (for now)
"Heracles (Greek Mythology)" is now "Heracles"
"Hades" is now "Hades (Disney)"
"Sir Dan Fortesque" is now "Sir Daniel Fortesque"
"Hercules" is now "Hercules (Disney)"  
"Megara" is now "Megara (Disney)"
"Hercules (marvel)" is now "Hercules (Marvel)"
"Callisto" is now "Callisto (Xena)" (sorry, Fox) 😛
"Callisto (Marvel)" is now "Callisto (comics)"
"Athena" is now "Athena (Marvel)"  
"Athena (Greek Mythology)" is now "Athena"
"Thor" is now "Thor (Marvel)"
"Odin" is now "Odin (Marvel)"
"Odin (Mythology)" is now "Odin"
"Thor (Mythology)" is now "Thor"
"Athena (Mythology)" is now "Athena"
"Hades (Mythology)" is now "Hades"
"Andromeda" is now "Andromeda (Marvel)"
"Andromeda (Mythology)" is now "Andromeda"
"Ares (Mythology)" is now "Ares"
"Ares" is now "Ares (DC Comics)"
"Hyperion" is now "Hyperion (comics)"
"Osiris (Mythology)" is now "Osiris"
"Queen Hippolyta" is now "Hippolyta (DC Comics)"
"Xena: Warrior Princess" is now "Xena"
"Teen Titans" is now "Teen Titans (2003 TV series)"
"MIghty Morphin Power Rangers" has been corrected to "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers"

this is only the beginning - count dooku | Meme Generator

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Well, likely aside from Fox, I was the first to test the new profile name-changing feature a little earlier (and as Venom mentioned, it's working just fine), then I came back and went nuts. :D A lot of these profiles have had corrections coming for a long time. I'm going to take a break for now, but a lot of my focus so far has been on mythology characters. 

Note: I'm not going to post every change I'm going to make, but I'll just run off what I've done so far:

"Heracles (Greek Mythology) is now "Heracles"
"Hercules (marvel) is now Hercules (Marvel)"
"Callisto (Marvel) is now "Callisto (comics)"
"Athena (Greek Mythology) is now "Athena"
"Odin (Mythology) is now "Odin"
"Thor (Mythology) is now "Thor"
"Athena (Mythology) is now "Athena"
"Hades (Mythology) is now "Hades"
"Andromeda (Mythology) is now "Andromeda"
"Ares (Mythology) is now "Ares"
"Osiris (Mythology) is now "Osiris"
"MIghty Morphin Power Rangers" has been corrected to "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers"

Hey, its Christmas time D, save some for the rest of us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What's New?

The layout of the match table which shows the images of the contenders and the vote buttons has been updated.  I think it looks better in general, but was trying to make it fit a little better on a phone screen.

Fantasy Draft games now allow for Ties.  Ties are worth +5 points to each character in the match, as opposed to the usual +10 for winning.

New  match rating widget.  This will replace using the stars on the topic to rate the Set-Up.

Rating bonus for "CBUB Match Judge" removed.  It was fairly pointless and over complicated things.  "CBUB Match Judge"  doesn't currently have any site perks associated with it, but it may in the future.  Essentially, it's a title that differentiates people who have been around the site awhile from new users.

On 12/12/2020 at 9:16 PM, DSkillz said:

"Heracles (Greek Mythology)" is now "Heracles"
"Hercules (marvel)" is now "Hercules (Marvel)"
"Callisto (Marvel)" is now "Callisto (comics)"
"Athena (Greek Mythology)" is now "Athena"
"Odin (Mythology)" is now "Odin"
"Thor (Mythology)" is now "Thor"
"Athena (Mythology)" is now "Athena"
"Hades (Mythology)" is now "Hades"
"Andromeda (Mythology)" is now "Andromeda"
"Ares (Mythology)" is now "Ares"
"Osiris (Mythology)" is now "Osiris"

It's a good start but I really think it should be Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers). 

57 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

It's a good start but I really think it should be Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers). 

Carol Danvers wasn't always Captain Marvel, though, and comics being comics, there's a good chance that she'll relinquish the title at some point. Since she's also had the aliases Ms. Marvel and Warbird, this is probably the best route to go with the profile. 

I took the title "Prince" off of Zuko's profile and "Fire Lord" from Ozai's for pretty much the same reason, since they change titles throughout the Avatar World timeline. 

23 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Carol Danvers wasn't always Captain Marvel, though, and comics being comics, there's a good chance that she'll relinquish the title at some point. Since she's also had the aliases Ms. Marvel and Warbird, this is probably the best route to go with the profile. 

I took the title "Prince" off of Zuko's profile and "Fire Lord" from Ozai's for pretty much the same reason, since they change titles throughout the Avatar World timeline. 

Yeah but it doesn't look like she'll relinquish it anytime soon given especially the movie cemented it. In the comics, I could understand but Marvel seems intent on her staying that way. Same deal with Kamala Khan being Ms Marvel. 

4 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Yeah but it doesn't look like she'll relinquish it anytime soon given especially the movie cemented it. In the comics, I could understand but Marvel seems intent on her staying that way. Same deal with Kamala Khan being Ms Marvel. 

Don't be too surprised if Carol changes titles in a few years. There are several characters that seem to have trouble holding on to an alias (like Monica Rambeau, for instance). 

Point is, character names change fairly often, and a name that's prominent now may not be so for too long. Not really enough to make a particular name to stick for a profile, IMHO.

9 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Don't be too surprised if Carol changes titles in a few years. There are several characters that seem to have trouble holding on to an alias (like Monica Rambeau, for instance). 

Point is, character names change fairly often, and a name that's prominent now may not be so for too long. Not really enough to make a particular name to stick for a profile, IMHO.

She's had the name since 2012 though and hasn't changed. Likewise with Kamala Khan as Ms Marvel since 2014. 

Look, I know that stuff too well but never underestimate corporate synergy. When it sticks in the movies and people love it, it sticks for life. Just saying a billion dollars for Captain Marvel means the name sticks. 

3 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

She's had the name since 2012 though and hasn't changed. Likewise with Kamala Khan as Ms Marvel since 2014. 

Look, I know that stuff too well but never underestimate corporate synergy. When it sticks in the movies and people love it, it sticks for life. Just saying a billion dollars for Captain Marvel means the name sticks. 

I wouldn't count on corporate synergy to maintain that status forever. All it may take, for example, is for one movie Carol stars in to flop, and studios, etc. may have a change of heart.

Besides, before that, she used the moniker of Ms. Marvel for over two decades, and we've had other prominent heroes hold the Captain Marvel mantle, such as Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell. 

20 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

I wouldn't count on corporate synergy to maintain that status forever. All it may take, for example, is for one movie Carol stars in to flop, and studios, etc. may have a change of heart.

Besides, before that, she used the moniker of Ms. Marvel for over two decades, and we've had other prominent heroes hold the Captain Marvel mantle, such as Mar-Vell and Genis-Vell. 

I sincerely doubt that will happen regardless. If that were true, the X-Men comics would stop being a thing immediately because of how bad Dark Phoenix bombed for example. Sure, it's not part of the MCU but considering it was distributed by Disney after the Fox buyout, yeah. 

Look, mantles change in comics yes but some are just going to stay permanent. Miles Morales isn't going to give up being Spider-Man just because Peter is still around. Kate Bishop is still Hawkeye despite Clint Barton not being quite dead after House of M. 

Hell, the Nick Fury that resembles Samuel L Jackson has replaced the white one in the main universe. 

7 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

I sincerely doubt that will happen regardless. If that were true, the X-Men comics would stop being a thing immediately because of how bad Dark Phoenix bombed for example. Sure, it's not part of the MCU but considering it was distributed by Disney after the Fox buyout, yeah. 

Look, mantles change in comics yes but some are just going to stay permanent. Miles Morales isn't going to give up being Spider-Man just because Peter is still around. Kate Bishop is still Hawkeye despite Clint Barton not being quite dead after House of M. 

Hell, the Nick Fury that resembles Samuel L Jackson has replaced the white one in the main universe. 

Carol has had quite a few title changes in her history, and she's only been Captain Marvel for a relatively small period of that history.

We can keep going back and forth on this, but having a specific title for eight years out of her fifty-plus year history is not enough to make a change on her profile in my book.

Just now, DSkillz said:

Carol has had quite a few title changes in her history, and she's only been Captain Marvel for a relatively small period of that history.

We can keep going back and forth on this, but having a specific title for eight years out of her fifty-plus year history is not enough to make a change on her profile in my book.

I'm just saying, give it two more years and she'll still have the name. There are such a thing as permanent changes, they're just rare and this is one of them. 

• 1 month later...

@Fox

I've noticed when a match ends, the character that wins have the match listed as a 'Tie' and not 'Win'. Seems it's not just for my matches. Examples below.

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show/?cid=9650

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show/?cid=214

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=3472

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=619

On 3/12/2021 at 12:05 PM, SSJRuss said:

@Fox

I've noticed when a match ends, the character that wins have the match listed as a 'Tie' and not 'Win'. Seems it's not just for my matches. Examples below.

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show/?cid=9650

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show/?cid=214

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=3472

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=619

Wow! good catch.  I'll look into fixing that and the records.

UPDATE:  Issue is fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

Yes, that is correct.

Only matches created after the update was put in place will have the link back to the forum match page.

Yeah, that was me. I was trying to go for a more "official" look for Predator names, but I guess I could change it back.

BTW, name changing for profiles is a fairly new feature for the staff, and we've made some long-needed corrections, such as for the Mirage Turtles and Piccolo. If anyone has any more suggestions for profile name corrections for us to consider, feel free to do so.

A forewarning, though: these would mainly be suggestions, and doesn't necessarily guarantee changes will happen.

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Yeah, that was me. I was trying to go for a more "official" look for Predator names, but I guess I could change it back.

BTW, name changing for profiles is a fairly new feature for the staff, and we've made some long-needed corrections, such as for the Mirage Turtles and Piccolo. If anyone has any more suggestions for profile name corrections for us to consider, feel free to do so.

A forewarning, though: these would mainly be suggestions, and doesn't necessarily guarantee changes will happen.

Understandable and that's fine but when I added those characters, and I am referring to the ones I specifically added, that's what they were officially known as by Twentieth Century Fox.

That and it made no real sense to have them parenthesized.

Also, I saw that the same thing happened to the original Predator when he was renamed as Jungle Hunter. Personally, I never liked that designation but that's now official by Fox. I think he should be renamed to Jungle Hunter Predator without the parenthesis.

13 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Got two profiles that need to be updated.

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=6722

https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=2341

'Jimbei' is misspelled. It should be 'Jinbe'. Usopp doesn't have a last name so should just be changed to Usopp.

Done.

• Like 1