Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

CBUB interface updates

Fox

Hi

I have been updating the CBUB DataBase and also Match Creation interfaces.  Seems ok, to me but if you have some issue with the update, let me know.

I do understand that this website is not real Mobile Friendly.  It's probably about as Mobile Friendly as it will ever be.

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You should add a "Random Character Button" in the near future. Might lead to interesting choices that wouldn't be used any other time.

Honestly, I don't know that the payoff on that would be worth the work that would go into it.

I kind of see the Fantasy Teams event as fulfilling that purpose.  You know, to get characters that are off the beaten track into matches.

I could have the system produce a daily Mystery Match between two random characters once tagging on characters is a thing. 

Just now, Fox said:

I could have the system produce a daily Mystery Match between two random characters once tagging on characters is a thing. 

Alright, you just blew my idea out of the water. That's what I had in mind, like a random generator for matches that might get the ol gears turning and make you think "Huh, this could make a good match."

I think one thing I may look into in the future is to make the Challenge / Mission images available in the Match Creation for people.

That presents a lower barrier to entry for people to create a match.  Folks who may not want to write a Fan Fiction set-up or don't feel capable of it.

Just now, SSJRuss said:

My only issue is that you took away the top match creator list and the top contender list from the navigate box. I enjoyed those a great deal.

Oh, yeah I'm thinking how to redo the navigation.  I mean, the pages are still there.

It's a work in progress.

I also know that in the CBUB of 2013 that tag team matches never went on the participating character profile pages.

Like for example, if I wanted to have Ryu and Ken fight Bison on a two on one, and they win... Bison's loss would not be documented on Bison's profile, nor the win on Ryu and Ken's profiles. Or if I do two on two like... Goku and Vegeta vs Frieza and Cell, and if team two loses, then neither Goku nor Vegeta would have Frieza and Cell listed as wins.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

I also know that in the CBUB of 2013 that tag team matches never went on the participating character profile pages.

Like for example, if I wanted to have Ryu and Ken fight Bison on a two on one, and they win... Bison's loss would not be documented on Bison's profile, nor the win on Ryu and Ken's profiles. Or if I do two on two like... Goku and Vegeta vs Frieza and Cell, and if team two loses, then neither Goku nor Vegeta would have Frieza and Cell listed as wins.

Only 1 v 1 rated matches are saved in a character's match history.  No rumbles or multi-contender matches are recorded. I don't have any plans to look into that, for now.  I got a lot of work for the next Teams season to do.

Then I need to re-do the site's landing pages, like the CBUB Homepage and the Electric Ferret domain front page.

Then an import utility so a person can add characters listed in Comic Vine.

Then a tagging system for characters.

etc.

3 minutes ago, Gizmo Hibiki said:

I'm wondering if the ability to add multiple pictures to a characters database will come back soon. Just something I noticed just went away.

That is a fantastic question and I've been thinking about it.

I do want to add a utility to switch out the main image for the character - the image used in fights.  Some of the character images folks have submitted with characters over the years are pretty bad.

But I'm not sure if, like, a gallery of pictures attached to the character adds value.

What do you think about it?  Do you think that is a nice feature?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

That is a fantastic question and I've been thinking about it.

I do want to add a utility to switch out the main image for the character - the image used in fights.  Some of the character images folks have submitted with characters over the years are pretty bad.

But I'm not sure if, like, a gallery of pictures attached to the character adds value.

What do you think about it?  Do you think that is a nice feature?

I think it could be really nice. But if it's too big of a hassle for you I wouldn't worry about it.

A function for admins to rename characters would be nice. I mean... Terry Bogard's name still shows as all lowercase, and that's just something which irks me. Also some characters have their names listed as for example, Lewis, Ann instead of Ann Lewis or something like that... which is odd because this is not something formal like... a government forum or something.

11 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

A function for admins to rename characters would be nice. I mean... Terry Bogard's name still shows as all lowercase, and that's just something which irks me. Also some characters have their names listed as for example, Lewis, Ann instead of Ann Lewis or something like that... which is odd because this is not something formal like... a government forum or something.

That utility is next up on the list, yep.

I provided character admins the ability to move characters to other categories yesterday.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

I provided character admins the ability to move characters to other categories yesterday.

O Rly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Well, let me go right to work, then. :D 

I've been eyeing Katniss Everdeen having for some reason been put in the Fantasy category during EF's previous opening, for example.

Okay, Katniss and Peeta have successfully been moved to Sci-Fi, where they rightfully belong.

More to come. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have provided the following functionality to all users:

1. You may upload a new image for a character into the forum gallery and then put it on the character's CBUB Profile sheet

This works just like when adding a new character.  Upload the image into the Forum Gallery and then use the utility on the character's CBUB Profile to add it there.

If you want, you can create your own Forum Gallery album for images.  Or keep using the one people generally use.  It really doesn't matter.

2. You may switch out the character's main Profile Image used in matches

There's a lot of real shit legacy images that are the main profile image of character's used in matches.  Now you can switch them out.

It must be a 300x300 pixel image OR a 200x200 pixel image.  If eligible, they will be surrounded by a green border on the character's profile sheet.

Feel free to play around with this profile so you get the idea.

example-battle-profile-image-change.jpg

Addendum: Obviously, do not upload inappropriate images or material.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fox said:

I have provided the following functionality to all users:

1. You may upload a new image for a character into the forum gallery and then put it on the character's CBUB Profile sheet

This works just like when adding a new character.  Upload the image into the Forum Gallery and then use the utility on the character's CBUB Profile to add it there.

If you want, you can create your own Forum Gallery album for images.  Or keep using the one people generally use.  It really doesn't matter.

2. You may switch out the character's main Profile Image used in matches

There's a lot of real shit legacy images that are the main profile image of character's used in matches.  Now you can switch them out.

It must be a 300x300 pixel image OR a 200x200 pixel image.  If eligible, they will be surrounded by a green border on the character's profile sheet.

Feel free to play around with this profile so you get the idea.

example-battle-profile-image-change.jpg

Addendum: Obviously, do not upload inappropriate images or material.

Oooh awesome feature I missed the additional pic feature

Works Great! Added new Profile Images to Godzilla and King Kong that were already in the Forum Gallery made by RakaiThwei.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fox said:

Can't seem to find the utility to add the image to their profile. It's also doesn't work when I click on submit battle image, tells me try again later.

3 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Can't seem to find the utility to add the image to their profile. It's also doesn't work when I click on submit battle image, tells me try again later.

OK thanks for testing it.  Appreciate it.

I had to fix an issue with it.  Should work now.  Try again?

• 1 month later...

Two updates.

Character Name Change

Admins can now edit the name of characters to fix errors in the name and whatnot.

New results entries now have a link back to the match page

Wish I'd thought of this one back in the day.  Anyways, result entries will now have a link back to the Forum topic where the battle was decided.

Link in the green square below.

new_match_link.jpg

Thanks!

• Thanks 1