Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Helena Shaw vs. Lori Quaid
MATCH SCORE
Helena Shaw: 2
Lori Quaid: 3

CBUB interface updates

Fox

Magneticferret.com will be switching domains to become comicbookuniversebattles.com soon! However, typing in magneticferret.com will still redirect you to the correct website. 

This is being done for a few reasons, the main reason is simple though. Magnetic Ferret isn't really marketable. Comic Book Universe Battles has been the main part of the website for quite some time so it only makes sense for the domain to match it. 

I will let everyone know when the switch is officially made.

37 minutes ago, IKA said:

Magneticferret.com will be switching domains to become comicbookuniversebattles.com soon! However, typing in magneticferret.com will still redirect you to the correct website. 

This is being done for a few reasons, the main reason is simple though. Magnetic Ferret isn't really marketable. Comic Book Universe Battles has been the main part of the website for quite some time so it only makes sense for the domain to match it. 

I will let everyone know when the switch is officially made.

Wouldn't CBUB.com actually be more fitting and not as lengthy?

Unless that's already taken?

10 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Wouldn't CBUB.com actually be more fitting and not as lengthy?

Unless that's already taken?

10 hours ago, ViceCityMobster86 said:

I concur

It sadly already is taken. I have reached out with intent to buy the domain. It's in their hands now.

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

When can we expect for the site to go under maintenance and possibly go down for said maintenance?

Already being worked on. I would expect the next couple weekends to be like that with only momentary down time.

The new servers have proven to be much more technically difficult than originally believed. It'll be quite some time before everything switches over. Until then, everything should be normal for a while.

Current expected time for the switch is in June now. There shouldn't be any down time for a while.

When the update goes live for everyone, you will have to login using your email address instead of your username. This was not our choice to implement it, it's a requirement for the forums.

• 2 weeks later...

The website will be down for updates March 16th-17th. After this update, you will no longer be able to login using your username, you will need to use your email address. 

The website domain is also changing to 

Comicbookuniversebattles.com 

You will still be able to use Magneticferret.com until the license expires it will just send you to the correct URL.

• 3 weeks later...

New themes have been made available to everyone.

For animated themes you can switch dark/light mode by clicking the lightbulb icon. It also adds a mobile navigation bar which make it easier to move around. 

If you wish to go back to the old them, it is an option at the bottom of the page as well.

I added some affiliate links to the main page, you can support the website by using those links to purchase your collectibles :). I'll be adding more links soon.

17 hours ago, Fox said:

If you are having an issue using CBUB control panel, log out and then log back in.

I have found this if it bugs out that it seems to correct itself easier of you login after clicking the control panel. 

Ah, so this is what's been going on since I've been away. Interesting. 😄

On 4/6/2024 at 2:03 PM, Fox said:

Updated CBUB database navigation 

https://cbub.comicbookuniversebattles.com/cbub/cbubcats/

It looks good! Just a few things to note though - this doesn't seems to work on the "recent" list or the search feature. 

It also seems to have disabled admin tools to edit or delete characters. I notice a few characters have their old reference links showing back up. 

13 hours ago, IKA said:

It looks good! Just a few things to note though - this doesn't seems to work on the "recent" list or the search feature.

OK, thanks for that.  Still a couple things to take care of.

26 minutes ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

Sorry, might have missed something with the updates.  With the new layout for the database is there a way to list characters by wins/loses? 

Not yet. Though it's still possible through the search function.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 9:21 PM, IKA said:

It also seems to have disabled admin tools to edit or delete characters. 

On 4/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, Fox said:

OK, thanks for that.  Still a couple things to take care of.

Ah, that explains things. I just added some alt images to the gallery with currently no way to add them to profiles. 

EDIT: Ah, never mind. Visiting another profile somehow made the admin option reappear. 

On 4/18/2024 at 12:05 AM, DSkillz said:

Ah, that explains things. I just added some alt images to the gallery with currently no way to add them to profiles. 

EDIT: Ah, never mind. Visiting another profile somehow made the admin option reappear. 

Really still can't do it for me.

2 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Really still can't do it for me.

Huh, and now it's not showing for me, either. I tried toggling between various profiles, going to the Database through the home page, and logging out and back in, and the option doesn't show.  

Try this method and see if works.

Sign out, click the control panel while logged off, sign back in. 

If that works it's the browser cache.