Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB June Challenge!!!

treacherous

Universe Beta is the name I give to the universe where my CBUB fights and (now deleted) Deviantart stories are set.

It's a "merged" universe composed of DC, Marvel, Top Cow, Image, Naruto, Stephen King, the movie "Kick Ass", Harry Potter, dagan54452's Megatopia, and many more other things.

A key event in Universe Beta history is the "Tommyknockers Event". Remember the movie/book "The Tommyknockers"? Those aliens probes that gave you super-intelligence and several other powers? In Universe Beta history, in 1912, several probes were scatteted across the Earth. The people who came in contact with the radiation from those probes had their intelligence increased, or they gained superpowers, or their body was mutated so a change to it could trigger superpowers, or just their capacity for greatness was enhanced. Those people, of course, had children, and those children were born with Tommyknockers radiation in their system. Those children had children, their children had children, and by the 2000s, 85 % of the world's population is born with Tommyknockers radiation in their bodies.

How could Hit Girl have honed her body and mind to perfection being so young? Tommyknockers radiation. How could Jamie Reyes bond with the Blue Beetle Scarab without his body suffering side effects? Tommyknockers radiation. Why is Mia Dearden such a good archer? Tommyknockers radiation. Where do the "jutsus" that Naruto, Hinata and Sakura use come from? Tommyknockers radiation. Why is the Riddler so smart? Tommyknockers radiation.

Note the the Changers are NOT part of the Tommyknockers Event, but they still have superpowers, being the natural result of unchanged evolution (key word being "unchanged", meaning neither the Celestials nor the Tommyknocker probes tampered with their evolutive process, they are simply the next step of human evolution).

In modern Earth Beta history, the first superheroines were the Crimson Spider and Lightning (ALL of my work in the Fantasy Powers League is canon to Universe Beta), who had no superpowers but were still determined to fight crime, seeting base in Citiesville (from the Powerpuff girls episode "Town and Out"). Unfortunately, they were young and inexperinced, and not as skilled in martial arts as they thought, so the Joker easily killed them. However, that was peanuts compared to the tragic, horrific moment where the cruel god Jaeger Panzer (the Lord of the Underworld) sent the giant three-headed dog Cerberus to devour their souls. Jaeger Panzer thought nothing of it (he never cared for any of the souls of the deceased, seeing his position as ruler of the Underworld as nothing more than a role-playing game, so when confronted about his actions, he merely replies "it's just an RP"). However, this was the exact moment that MADE Universe Beta. The Crimson Spider and Lightning were hailed as heroines, with statues dedicated in their honor, everyone in Citiesville giving them the recognition they never had in life. But, most important of all, the world was finally ready to embrace heroes.

Thus, Hit Girl moved to Citiesville. She proceeded to clean up the decaying city from the crime and corruption that permeates it, making a name for herself as Citiesville's most famous heroine.

Meanwhile, G-Girl (from "My Super Ex-Girlfriend") moved to Megatopia, where she met the local heroines, Giantess Cassie (who could grow to giant size) and Megasis (who could also grow to giant size). Megatopia being a brighter and cleaner city, they more readily embraced G-Girl.

Eventually, Hit Girl met G-Girl when Livewire visited Citiesville and teamed up with Poison Ivy. This meeting led to a fast friendship between the two, offset by Hit Girl being a brooding violent vigilante and G-Girl being a more noble and optimistic heroine.

P.R.O.C.E.S.S., an U.S.A. goverment agency dedicated to target and combat planetary-level threats, decided that the world needed a team of superheroes to fight the threats that no hero alone can fight. Thus, the Venturers were formed: G-Girl (the team leader), Hit Girl (the second in command), Static, Black Alice, Sara Pezzini with her Witchblade, Jennifer-Lynn Hayden with a Green Lantern Ring, Giantess Cassie and Megasis. P.R.O.C.E.S.S. broke their affiliation with the team soon after the first mission.

Sakura Haruno and Hinata Hyuga moved to the U.S.A., and they learned about the Crimson Spider and Lightning. Moved by their story, and wanting to make the difference, they assumed the mantles of the Crimson Spider and Lightning, using their post-Shippuden powers to fight crime. Thus, Sakura became Crimson Spider II, and Hinata became Lightning II. They joined the Venturers soon after.

One night, Hit Girl was approached by Battle Girl (Angel Murphy, the daughter of the Savage Dragon from "Savage Dragon"). She just moved to Citiesville, and she was just starting her superheroine career, so she wanted to become Hit Girl's sidekick. Hit Girl accepted, and thus Hit Girl and Battle Girl became the closest of friends, with Battle Girl also joining the Venturers.

After Stature (Cassie Lang) was killed by Doctor Doom, Giantess Cassie and Megasis left the Venturers, not wanting their presence to be a constant reminder of Stature's tragic death. Two new members joined in their place: Darklighter and Xegito. Darklighter is Khameir Marek, the son of Vin Venture and Galen Marek, who was sent to Earth when he was 5 years old when his home planet, Eris, exploded (the "meteor" that originally turned Jenny Johnson into G-Girl was actually a chunk of the destroyed Planet Eris that arrived on Earh alongside Khameir). He soon made his way to an oprhanage, where he was raised until he became and adult and decided to use his superpowers (Khameir is the last of the Jedi Allomancers) to fight evil as the superhero Darklighter. Xegito comes from the planet Callutos, and when she was 6 years old, she was found in an asteroid by an astronaut. The astronaut (who, admittedly, wasn't very bright) assumed that she was a girl from Earth that was stranded there, so he took her with him back to Earth. Not being able to raise her, he send her to an orphanage, the same orphanage that took Khameir in. Khameir's example also inspired her to use her superpowers to fight evil as a superheroine. Xegito could grow to giant size, and could copy the powers of any superpowered being (which complimented Black Alice, who could only copy powers that are magical in nature), she had a low-level healing factor and the ability to learn any language by touching the speaker.

That was the Venturers Era

That changed when Giantess Cassie and Megasis were kidnapped by the Travellers. The Travellers were a group of women with the ability to grow to giant size (plus one with a gem incrusted on her forehead that let her warp reality at will) who were plucked from their respective universes and sent to Limbo by the Traveller, a cosmic entity of infinite power. The Traveller wanted to form a team of good giantesses to combat evil giantesses. However, the Traveller forgot about his team, and lewft the women stuck in Limbo. Years passed with them standed by. Eventually, their loneliness, frustation and grief warped their minds, causing them to see ALL giantesses as evil. The only one who manged to keep her sanity was the One True Alice (from Lewis Carroll's "Alice in Wonderland" book). That's where Bob the Minotor (who is a recurring enemy of the Venturers) found them, and sent them to Earth Beta. Immediately, the Travellers kidnapped Giantess Cassie and Megasis, with the itent of killing them. The One True Alice managed to escape and warned the Venturers about this. Sadly, by the time the Venturers arrived, it was too late. Giantess Cassie and Megasis were dead. The Traveller quickly arrived and erased the memories of all of the Travellers except for the One True Alice, and sent the rest of the Travellers to their respective universes while leaving the One True Alice in Earth Beta.

The death of Giantess Cassie and Megasis moved the Venturers so much, that they disbanded. G-Girl and Hit Girl retired from superheroics, Sara Pezzini gave her Witchblade to Danielle Baptiste and went back to her job as a police officer, Xegito joined the police force as Sara's partner, Jennifer-Lynn Hayden became closer to the Green Lantern Corps, Black Alice joined the Teen Titans, and Static went BACK to the Teen Titans. Battle Girl remained as a superheroine, but she moved back to Chicago, back with her parents, Sakura Haruno and Hinata Hyuga left the mantles of the Crimson Spider and Lightning.

Shortly afterwards, Megatopia was nuked down, and never rebuilt.

That's when the Guardians Era began.

P.R.O.C.E.S.S. knew that the world needed a group of superheroes to combsat large-scale threats, so they decideed to put together another team, a team that would be monitored by P.R.O.C.E.S.S. and would answer directly to P.R.O.C.E.S.S. Two known heroines were already P.R.O.C.E.S.S. agents: Agent Mia Dearden (better known as "Speedy") and Agent Kimberly Anne Possible (better known as "Kim Possible")..

P.R.O.C.E.S.S. had Sky Captain (from "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow") frozen in a block of ice, left there after his plane fell down fighting Baron Zemo back in 1940. P.R.O.C.E.S.S. thawed him out, and shot him with the Hego Ray, a device that stored all of Hego's powers (who had retired from superheroics long before). They fixed his plane, and thus Sky Captain joined the Guardians.

The next member to be recuited was Katherine Allogagan, a metahuman who transformed into a rampaging beast whenever she got angry. Katherine was disowned by her family (who were afraid of her and called her by the demeaning nickname "Katie Ka-Boom"), so she spent most of her adult life trying to find a cure for the curse that was inflicted upon her. Agent Lorekeep (the head of P.R.O.C.E.S.S,) got Katherine to join the Guardians by promising such a cure. P.R.O.C.E.S.S. gave Katherine's alter-ego a more serious name: The Nemesis.

P.R.O.C.E.S.S. then track down Calypso (from "Pirates of the Caribbean"), who, after being freed by Captain Barbossa's men during the fight with Davy Jones and the East India Trading Company, started living among mortals. Since Calypso was sworn to protect Earth, she agreed to join the Guardians.

Finally, the last member to be recuited was Jaime Reyes, the Blue Beetle.

The Guardians were closely monitored by Agent Leonard Liddell, the 23 year old brother of the One True Alice, who hade himself visited Wonderland several times (and also met the Venturers) and thus was familiar with the strange, the bizarre and the unexpected. He could also grow to giant size due to continued exposure to the "Eat Me" cake and the magic mushroom.

Meanwhile, after Camila and Micaela and Lucho were killed by Lord Voldemort, the world was left without Prime Merlinians. This was unnacceptable. Thus, Doctor Strange lured three women, Erica, Christine and Allison, to his Sanct Santorum, and in a ritual he summoned the souls of three witches who were burned at the stake in the 1600s: Margaret Isobel Theroux, Brianna Withridge and Madelyn Hibbins. The souls of the three witches possessed the bodies of the three women, allowing them to live in modern days. Thus, Strange tasked with the mission of training and mentoring the new Prime Merlinians. Using his connections, he got in touch with Hogwarts, and Professor Evangeline A.K. McDowell personally selected six Hogwarts students to be the next Prime Merlinians: Lulu Evenbrooke (a 16 year old Muggle-born Animagus Slytherin with the ability to turn into a tiger) , Selene Billing (a pure-blood Hufflepuff who was an expert on Herbology), Alex Everhart (a 17 year old pure-blood Hufflepuff who was an expert in Transfiguration, Charms and Herbology), Alice Kite (a 15 year old German-British pure-blood Gryffindor who was an expert in Transfiguration), Jenna Liams (a Muggle-born Ravenclaw) and Carisa Versipellis (a pure-blood Ravenclaw werewolf who was an expert at Defense Against the Dark Arts). Thus, they Portkey-ed to the U.S.A. (specifically, to a forest in Forks, Washington), where Isobel and Brianna and Madelyn trained them. Thus, with the three witches mentoring them, they became the Prime Merlinians, protecting the Earth against all magical threats.

The last chronical event of the Guardians Era was when Cassie Hack (from "Hack/Slash") was awakened as a Slayer. Rupert Giles was assinged as her Watcher, and thus Hack stopped fighting human slashers and began fighting vampires and demons. She eventually met Buffy Summers, Dawn Summers and Xander Harris.

It all ended when the Iron Man (not to be confused with Tony Stark, who this other Iron Man eventually killed) arrived. The Iron Man was really Karate Kid (from the Legion of Superheroes), who lived in a post-apocalyotic, devastated future where an event called "The Great Disaster" killed ALL superheroes in Earth Beta and wiped out most cities. Topaz, the last surving members of a special police task force known as the Net Hacks (although people also called "Net Ops"), had both a time machine and a Wikus Battle Suit (one of those suits of powered armor from the movie "District 9", named after the most famous human to ever wear one, Wikus Van de Merwe). Thus, Karate Kid put on the Wikus Battle Suit and travelled back in time to find out what caused the Great Disaster and prevent it. However, during his trip, the time portal collided with a magnetic field, fusing his molecules with the molecus of the battle suit, thus the suit and him became one, and he could never take it off. Worse, when he arrived, people started running away from him in fear. The Alpha Team arrived, and without thinking, Karate Kid shot down Allie Keys in a shower of bullets. This was the last straw. His mind snapped, he started calling himself "the Iron Man" and decided that the only way to keep heroes from being killed in the Great Disaster is for him to kill them all first. And he did. He killed the Alpha Team. He killed the Guardians (except Calypso, who abandoned humanity to its fate). The Venturers came out of retirement just to fight him, and he killed them. He killed the Prime Merlinians, and Madelyn, and Isobel, and Brianna, and Doctor Strange, all of the students and teachers at Hogwarths, all of the Slayers and the Watchers, all of the ninjas at Leaf Village, most of the P.R.O.C.E.S.S. agents (Agent Leonard Liddell and the One True Alice both escaped back into Wonderland, and remained there). He even turned the Fury (the powerful killer robot from Marvel Comics. THAT Fury) into scrap heap.

Thus, the Great Disaster happened, and Earth Beta was no more.

Okay, I stopped reading after you said you created this universe. I'm not sure about the other judges thoughts, but since this is a CBUB tournament I assume that none of the characters are allowed to be originally yours. I'm not sure what you have planned for your submission but I'll just remind you that this is a CBUB tournament and you do not use original characters for this. You will most likely be judged on characterization also, so I'd stick to what the characters actually do and say. I'll leave it Treach to say whether this Universe Beta thing you created is actually allowed.

Heheh. Props to RedX for typing all that. Does he have it saved somewhere?

Also, props to Darkender for being honest. Didn't read that either. He could have stuck in some insulting remarks in between the paragraphs and I wouldn't have known.

Also, there are no more word limits?

Guest Ruinus

I don't think he means that he created the characters, but that he created the setting as a merger from several other pre-existing franchises. Sort of like how that UWT thing works (I think).

Anyway... I don't think I'm fine with that, because the characters are supposed to be friends that ANYONE can verify. Batman-Robin, Peter Parker-Mary Jane, etc. It isn't really fair if people start using friendships from their own head-canon because then things basically fall apart. Someone could say Peter Parker and Galactus were friends because they were in Ruinus-Fan-verse no1.

Guest Redemption X

Yes, Ruinus, that's what I meant. I did NOT create Hit Girl or G-Girl or Calypso or any of those characters. Even characters like Xegito, Agent Len, the Prime Merlinians, Topaz or Giantess Cassie are not originally my characters. The ONLY characters in Universe Beta that I created are Darklighter, Agent Lorekeep, Professor Tobin Wozzeck, Camila, Micaela, Lucho, Arpegio Sombravil, Darkstar, the first Crimson Spider and the first Lightning. Everyone else was created by someone else, I just put them together.

Yes, UWT is a good example of the kind of thing Universe Beta is. In fact, the whole thing with Galen Marek and Vin Venture being husband and wife is taken directly from UWT and how CBUB pairs the two together for some reason.

And for the last part...isn't this site supposed to foster creativity? Isn't more creative to have two characters from different canonical universes being friends rather than using friends from canon? Anyone can write about the friendship between Batman and Superman, and there's no guarantee that it won't turn the same as the other ten thousand "Batman fights Superman" fights. Having Spider-Man being friends with Static or Captain America fighting alongside the Rocketeer in WW2 is a lot more creative and allows for more creative matches.

I mean, just look how I tied seven unrelated characters together under the "Changer" premise. I don't see many people here trying something like that, with the possible exception of the aforementioned UWT. In fact, the whole reason the Guardians Era was on Deviantart as opposed to in CBUB is because Deviantart doesn't have any "rules", and thus I can tell my stories the way I want to do it. In my opinion, that's actually better, since no "rules" means more room for creativity, creative ideas and creative concepts. I've seen stuff in Deviantart that I rarely see anyone on CBUB try to pull off. It's the same reason why I mostly use the Tohous on Deviantart: something like Touhou Reviews could never happen in CBUB (especially due to CBUB's lack of knowledge on both Touhou Project and That Guy With the Glasses, which is required to get most of the jokes in Touhou Reviews).

But, AGAIN, I didn't see anything about "use only canonical friendships" in the rules. In fact, the post announcing the challenge pretty much said "be as creative as possible, creativity will be rewarded".

And, Marvel Man, people in this thread have been suprisingly civil and polite, so any insulting remarks I could make would be unwarranted.

Guest Redemption X

Furthermore, just to clear things up:

-Giantess Cassie, Megasis and the city of Megatopia are from dagan54452's comic "Megatopia". I can't post it or post the link, but you can find the whole comic on e-hentai (just type "dagan Megatopia" on the search bar)

-Topaz and the NetHacks/Net Ops are from Leiyuna's Megaman.exe giantess comics. I use the NetHacks/Net Ops in the only way I can understand them from reading Leiyuna's comics: as a special police force from the future

http://leiyuna.devia...482197#/d2h27z2

-Xegito (as well the Planet Clatous) is from broku5000 and his drawings. Her origin is straight from those drawings, only tweaked to fit Universe Beta:

http://broku5000.dev...set=24#/d31runc

In fact, broku5000's repeated references to Xegito's large appetite prompted a running that, whenever Xegito appeared, she was always shown eating, and she only put down her food when it was time to kick some evildoer's ass.

-"Agent Len" is pretty much Dezu-the-Shaman's version of Len as a P.R.O.C.E.S.S. agent:

http://dezu-the-sham...gallery/9764010

-Finally, the Prime Merlinians:

Lulu Evenbrooke (created by tomahachi12):

http://browse.devian...brooke#/d2m7l9j

Selene Billing (created by XxCrimsonXxXRosexX):

http://browse.devian...illing#/d2qqt0f

Alex Everhart (created by JohTehDemonicPickle):

http://browse.devian...erhart#/d40jboe

Alice Kite (created by CandyPiie):

http://browse.devian...e+Kite#/d40smqp

Jenna Liams (created by scoutbee3):

http://browse.devian...+Liams#/d4s9ss8

Carisa Versipellis (created by Debby McGee):

http://browse.devian...pellis#/d1wn00x

Also, one last thing: both the One True Alice AND the Impostor exist in Universe Beta. And yes, they exist as two separate beings, which is the way I see them and how I will always see them. The Impostor briefly took over as Hit Girl after Mindy MacReady was hospitalized before Mindy recovered, reclaimed her title and beat the crap outta the Impostor. After that, all of the Venturers faced against the Impostor, who sought to poison all magical beings with the "McGee Virus", a virus that would make them just as insane and bloodthirsty as she is. Thankfully, the Venturers foiled that plan. After that, the Impostor was killed in the Great Disaster along with everyone else.

And yes, that's my explanation for those "American McGee Len" drawings on Dezu-the-Shaman's gallery: Len got hit with the McGee Virus, but then was cured alongside everyone else.

Also, if you are wondering how can the One True Alice still be alive in the present day, staying too long in Wonderland slows down your aging.

Guest Ruinus

You are right, the purpose of this site is to foster creativity, and these monthly challenges are meant to foster and encourage creative writings, such as the way you created your own Universe Beta. That said however, I feel like it wouldn't be (as I mentioned to another poster in this very thread) in the spirit of things if we allowed people to make challenges based off their pet universe. Now, this may sound odd, considering several past challenges have required people to make fantastical events that probably wouldn't happen in-universe (the previous month is a prime example), at least we were all starting from the same basic building blocks of the establish setting and it's own canon.

Now, you are right that on a technicality nothing in the rules prevents you from doing what you plan to do. So, just this month I will allow if it you do post your set up as it it. However, the other judges will still have to weigh in, and I'll bring it up to them later on.

I will have to side against the use of this Universe Beta. It really, to me, is a cheat for the challenge and opens up the door for more loopholes in later challenges. It forces relationships that aren't canon and that nobody other than the creator will really know or be able to judge. If you want to create your own world with all sorts of different characters, that's what the FPL is for.

While it's true that it is a bit of a restriction on creativity that's what makes it a "Challenge".

I personally agree with Darkender, however I'll allow it too. Why? Because he's right, the rules didn't disallow it. However, you see how the judges feel. Why risk it? If you think you can pull it off, more power to you.

Oh and Marvel Man, that honesty of Darkender's is an FPL thing. You wouldn't understand.

Last Augustinaldo, I'm not reading all of that shitake either.

Ok, going to officially announce it so I can't back out of it, I'm halfway done writing Kuma vs Heihachi Mishima. I think they have a very different dynamic that will be lil more interesting than other possible contestants.

Guest Redemption X

This seems to cause more trouble than it's worth, so yeah...just forget about it. I'm staying out of this contest.

Maybe next month I'll join.

Also, I WOULD reccommend people read on my post explaning exactly what Universe Beta is, so I'm not asked "what is Universe Beta?" ever again.

Guest Shoggoth breeder

Are any of the following accepted reasons for why they are fighting:

-Demonic manipulation

-Being in possession of a corrupting magical item

-Lycanthropy (is a werewolf)

Guest Ruinus

Like I said, I'd prefer if the people are fighting because they legitimately fall on opposite sides on an issue, not because they are being manipulated by outside sources. Though as the discussion with Redemption X shows, we didn't technically rule out any reason why they'd be fighting.

Hi all,

Just to let you know where I stand with this; whilst I would ideally like to see the former friends fight for different ideologies or causes, I am not ruling out some form of external manipulating forces.

Nor am I against a writer creating their own world with unusual friendships (as I have done this for numerous stories in Flipside), but I will give a poor score if there is insufficient information, detail and justification as to why and how the friendship arose and why it has since ceased. I would also expect the world to be well rounded and given a life and flavour of its own rather than just a series of facts, events or random characters.

At the end of the day, you can try and please every judge but remember that the only thing we all really have in common is that we appreciate good writing and vivid imagination.

By the way... Shoggoth Breeder, for some reason the first thing I thought of when the theme was decided was lycanthropy and how that could influence a friendship. It's the kind of external/internal influence that can really play havoc with people's minds and the kind of "thinking outside the box" that can earn a high score. As always, good writing is the key