Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

So who have YOU added?

Alright, here are characters I added: 

Tonraq 

Korra's dad is here. :) 

Cale Tucker 

Akima Kunimoto 

Phantoms (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within)

I've seen a few Sci-Fi/animation-based films from the late '90's/early '00's this year that I've been wanting to see for a good while, so I figured some of the characters might be good additions. Here are some from Titan A.E. and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

What is it about that time period or their productions, though, that most of those types of films apparently struggled to find an audience in the theaters and instead later became cult classics? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Alright, here are characters I added: 

Tonraq 

Korra's dad is here. :) 

Cale Tucker 

Akima Kunimoto 

Phantoms (Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within)

I've seen a few Sci-Fi/animation-based films from the late '90's/early '00's this year that I've been wanting to see for a good while, so I figured some of the characters might be good additions. Here are some from Titan A.E. and Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

What is it about that time period or their productions, though, that most of those types of films apparently struggled to find an audience in the theaters and instead later became cult classics? 

Nice adds, Titan AE is one of my fave movies, one of the top ten animated films for me. Thankfully the Drej, and Stith are already in the database. I think the problems were they were animated films in the west, the west tends to assume animated means kid film. 

Recent addition from the Harry Potter franchise

Dolores Umbridge - probably the most hated character in the franchise or pretty darn close to being the most hated. I thought that she was already in the site but apparently not. 

Heh, forgot to mention some images I've added. 

Team Avatar (The Legend of Korra) 

Lara Croft 

Penny Proud 

Asami Sato (2) 

The Land of Oz 

And now, some new characters I added yesterday: 

Kya (The Legend of Korra) 

Here's Aang and Katara's waterbending and healing daughter.

Sister Knight / Angela Abar 

As big of a hit as the new Watchmen series has been with audiences (though I haven't seen it myself) and come award season, I'm surprised no one's been adding characters from the show. Here's the star character (I think). 

Seems I've been on an Egypt themed character add spree.

Strange Brigade: A team of adventurous chaps and ladies, who fight undead menaces with a pulpy 30s flair. Mostly mummies in Egypt, and the occasional minotaur. 

Set: The Egyptian god of foreigners, storms, and the desert. Set is usually the go to badguy for fiction based on Egypt. He's really not all bad though in the actual myths. 

Pantha (Dynamite): A werecat heroin with powers granted by Sehkment.  

So here are another round of adds. I was interested in characters, specifically villains from the '30s/'40s.

From the Dick Tracy films/comics:

Pruneface - a criminal mastermind with ties to the Nazi's and other evil organizations

Flattop - a hitman for different criminal organizations

Alphonse "Big Boy" Caprice - a criminal mastermind, based off Al Capone

From The Rocketeer film

Neville Sinclair - main antagonist in the film. He is an actor who is secretly a Nazi agent

BUUUUUT DAAAAAAAADDY! I WANNA JOIN THE CBUB!

That's right... I added TV's most hated little bastard since Barney the Dinosaur graced the screens. Straight from the great white North himself, comes the little bald demon seed!

Caillou

Caillou

• 2 weeks later...

Been a while. 

New characters added: 

Reagan Ridley 

The socially awkward "evil" genius (that possibly has Asperger's) from a new Netflix animated show, Inside Job 2.0, is in. I was waiting to add her until she had her own Wiki page, but alas, life is short for that. I'm still surprised the show's not talked about much here. 

On another note, I recently realized it may be tough to write matches with Reagan on CBUB. From the clips I've seen, its satire deals a lot with conspiracy theories, which could often lead to politics in today's environment. 

Otis 'OJ' Haywood, Jr. 

Star of Nope is also in. Daniel Kaluuya is suddenly getting pretty good representation on CBUB lately. :D 

BTW, I gotta actually start watching these Jordan Peele films if I keep adding their characters. 

Images added: 

Reagan Ridley

ADDED 

KUNG FU PANDA: How were most the badguys not already in the database? 

Lord Shen: A peacock with an obsession with cannons and throwing knives. 

The Wu sisters: A trio of snow leopard sisters out to take control of the criminal underworld. 

Tai Lung: Main antagonist from the first film. Snow leopard with forbidden Kung Fu techniques. 

MISC

Vermithrax: An old and vicious dragon, main antagonist from the film 'Dragonslayer' 

Billy Jack: A forgotten character from the 60s and 70s. A half Native American former green beret, and Hap Ki Do master. A peaceful man, but not afraid to fight when he has to. 

Some recent additions

Skull the Slayer - Marvel superhero and adventurer. He's teamed up with some notable Marvel characters over the years

Julian Slowik - from the new movie The Menu - have not actually seen the movie yet but I have heard about it and read about it. He is a world renowned chef that has some unique ways of preparing his meals

The Mother (Barbarian)  -  From a relatively recent movie called Barbarian. Also another one that I have not seen but read up on. Also watched some clips. A tragic character in my opinion but one I thought could make for a fun addition

Tallon- From Middle Earth Shadow of Modor and Shadow of War video games. I am quite surprised he was not already in the site. He is a Gondorean Ranger turned wraith.

• 2 weeks later...

New profiles added: 

Polar Express 

Yep, the titular train from the 2004 film is now in the Database. I just saw the film for the first time last week and I figured, hey, since it's the holidays, why not? There are any number of grumpy, skeptical characters (adults and children) that might make for an interesting ride on the Express. 

Bonkers D. Bobcat 

If I'm not mistaken, Bonkers was one of the last, if not the last star from the old Disney Afternoon 'toons to not yet be added, so here he is.

Some new addtions:

Tonowari - From Avatar Way of Water - Na'vi and leader of the reef tribe

Miles Quaritch (Recomatitant) - From Avatar Way of Water, I was hesitant about submitting him as the human form of Miles  is in the database, but human Miles died in the first Avatar. This is a whole new being so I thought it'd make for a great addition

Ralphie Parker - with it being Christmas season, i thought it would be fun to add the main character from one of the most famous Christmas movies out there. 24 hours of the Christmas Story. Whether it is him trying to get an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle or some other shenanigans, I think he'd make for a great addition.

New characters added: 

PAW Patrol 

I know of them mainly because my youngest nephew used to watch the show. They might make for interesting matches since they always manage to save the day. They may also be good for joke matches because I've literally never seen the young pups get mad at anybody, even the local mayor that usually causes the emergencies they have to rush to. 

Lady 

I've been thinking about adding her for a long time, but for the longest I just couldn't see viable matches for a cute cocker spaniel that barely even got in on the action. Then we had this nice event: 

On 9/18/2020 at 6:11 PM, Fox said:

OK so in Season Four - here are the Team Positions to draft for. 

SLOT 7: The Team Pet

A character that is an animal. The animal could reasonably be expected to share a house with a human or live on a farm with a human. Not giant sized and vicious, naturally.

Anthropomorphic Toon animals will not be accepted.

Looking back, Lady would've done pretty well in some of that Draft's challenges. 

Oh, and sorry ahead of time, @IKA. Looks like your recent add Saburu's gonna be bookended by cuteness in a future character Rumble. :D 

31 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

New characters added: 

PAW Patrol 

I know of them mainly because my youngest nephew used to watch the show. They might make for interesting matches since they always manage to save the day. They may also be good for joke matches because I've literally never seen the young pups get mad at anybody, even the local mayor that usually causes the emergencies they have to rush to. 

Lady 

I've been thinking about adding her for a long time, but for the longest I just couldn't see viable matches for a cute cocker spaniel that barely even got in on the action. Then we had this nice event: 

Looking back, Lady would've done pretty well in some of that Draft's challenges. 

Oh, and sorry ahead of time, @IKA. Looks like your recent add Saburu's gonna be bookended by cuteness in a future character Rumble. :D 

Subaru needs a break anyway, poor guy. 

The Tinkerer: The original tinkerer from the Spiderman comics, a master inventor and criminal. 

The Fox: A superhero from Archie comics of all companies. 

Hypnotia: A Vertigo expy from the terrible 90s Ironman cartoons. 

The Tinkerer Phin Mason: A different Tinkerer, she is the main antagonist in the Miles Morales game.

The Breen: A mysterious and antagonistic race in Star Trek. Breen are known as pirates, slavers, and troublemakers. Allied with the Dominion during the Dominion War. Still causing trouble after the wars end.   

DC

Calendar Girl: A one off villainess from the animated series, a former model who snaps after turning 30 and being dumped by her agency.

Misc:

M3gan: Combining killer dolls with AI fears, you get M3gan. 

Halo

343 Guilty Spark: Monitor of installation 04 and one of the most recurring monitors in Halo. 

New characters added: 

Jetstorm 

Thrust (Beast Machines) 

I figured I might as well add the remaining Beast Machines Vehicon generals. Between Jetstorm's barely-contained lunacy and Thust's cooler demeanor, they make for some interesting characters. 

Images added: 

Thrust (Beast Machines)

Tankor 

Strika  

Weirdly enough, these were about the only alt mode pics of the Vehicon generals I could find to copy, paste, and add here. 

I'm still pretty low on ideas for viable characters, etc. to add, so in the meantime I'm adding alt images. 

New images added: 

Esmeralda (Disney) (2) 

Claude Frollo (Disney) (2) 

After all these years, I finally watched Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame a few months back, and dammit, I wish I had seen it much sooner. I didn't think a Disney animated film had the balls to delve as deeply into religious themes as this one did. Arguably one of the top three films of the Disney Renaissance in my book. 

Magneto 

Brotherhood of Mutants 

Sentinels 

Omega Red 

Deathstroke 

Spider-Man 

Demona 

Black Cat 

Raven (DC Comics) 

Donald Duck 

All alternate main profile picks. The use for them may become apparent soon enough ... :D 

Some recent additions

From some of the recent additions that I had submitted with Indiana Jones characters and characters from that time period, I wanted to add a couple more from those adventure/treasure type 

Sallah - Appearing in the Indiana Jones franchise. I'm quite surprised he was not already in the site. He is a companion of Indiana

Jess Valenzuela - from the recent National Treasure Disney+ series. She is the main protagonist of the series in search for the treasure

Billie Pearce - also from the National Treasure Disney+ series but is the main antagonist

In the horror category, we have

Tom  Cooper - from Unhinged. He is the main antagonist that gets a bit unhinged after a traffic incident.

Sam Carpenter - from Scream V. She is being set up as the new protagonist but has a dark history behind her. 

Recent Additions

Jenny the Bat - from the fighting game Bloody Roar

Ken "Godhand" Mishima - from the fighting game Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring. Somehow not related to Kazuya, despite looking like a mix of him and Jin.

Shadow Yamoto - from the fighting game Eternal Champions

Jonathan Blade - Also from the fighting game Eternal Champions

Mace Daniels - from the beat em up game, Fighting Force

Question: I also submitted Tia Langray from the game Breakers and Breakers Revenge but it was denied because the official website was deemed unacceptable.  QUByte bought the rights to the Breakers franchise in 2019 so I'm not sure what I'm missing

New characters added: 

Legends of Tomorrow 

The time-traveling, hodge/podge team of heroes from the Arrowverse is now in. Their concept kind of reminded me of the eXiles, so I figured they'd be a good fit. 

Teen Titans (Teen Titans Go!)

Hey, the show is now going into its tenth year, so the team is long due for the Database. :D I know some have said that Teen Titans Go! is a disgrace to the 2003 show. I also know that I get a chuckle out of Go! every other time I catch it on TV. :) 

Besides, as incompetent as the Go! team's leadership has often proven to be, they might've been a good match for the International Moron Patrol, come to think of it. 

New images added: 

Juggernaut

Apocalypse

El Mariachi 

A couple of alt profile pics and a pic of Mariachi as portrayed by the original actor. 

I've seen Desperado any number of times, and I've always been curious about the other Mexican Trilogy films. And lately, I've heard that the original, El Mariachi, is supposedly the best out of the trilogy? It's definitely on my watch list now. 

EDIT: It also just occurred to me that it's also the 20th anniversary of the 2003 Teen Titans series this year. I bet a lot of us feel old now, huh? :) 

Some new additions:

Night King - from Game of Thrones. To he honest, I have not read or really even watched the show, except for an episode or 2. Night King is over the White Wallkers. I felt with such an iconic show and book series, he would make for a wonderful addition for the site

Yennefer of Vengerberg - from The Witcher. A lobe interest of Geralt and a powerful sorceress. 

From the galaxy far, far away

Jesse - A clone trooper during the Clone Wars. He is in the 501st and an ARC trooper. There are a great many clones that appeared during the show and I do not wish to try and add all of them but I feel like Jesse was a standout that had potential for some interesting matches

Fives - like Jesse in the sense that he was an ARC trooper in the 501st. He had some pretty big moments and awesome storylines in the show. 

New character added: 

Kimberly (Street Fighter)

When Kimberly popped up in Street Fighter 6, I was like "What, a black female ninja?" I was pretty sure that black kunoichis probably only existed in fan fics, art, and the like up to that point, but there was apparently also one in Valiant Comics.

But yeah, Kimberly is a pretty good addition, I think. 

Hmmm ... Ninja-G might be good to add here, too, if she's not in already. 

Image added: 

Chun Li

Gomen Ne! :D 

BTW, this is surely Chun Li's least feminine pose.

Okay, so, I'm not even sure if I've ever done this so I'll just drop everyone I've added who is still in the database. 

Jack of Blades (Fable) - Fable

Hatchiyack - Dragon Ball Z: Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans

Arale Norimaki - Dr. Slump

The Hitcher - The Hitcher

Jiren - Dragon Ball Super

Class 3-E - Assassination Classroom

Class 1-A - My Hero Academia

All Might - My Hero Academia

Lucifer - Lucifer (Show)

Ted Mosby - How I Met Your Mother

Hammer Supreme - Marvel Comics 

Zamasu - Dragon Ball Super

Goku Black - Dragon Ball Super

Hit - Dragon Ball Super

Zeno - Dragon Ball Super

Android 21 - Dragon Ball FighterZ

Merged Zamasu - Dragon Ball Super

Seven Deadly Sins (Seven Deadly Sins) - Seven Deadly Sins

Chloe Deck - Lucifer (Show)

Maoi - Moana

Moana - Moana

Deacon St. John - Days Gone

Astro Bot - Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Aiden Pierce - Watch_Dogs

Norman Nordstrom - Don't Breathe

Bill - The Last of Us 

Abby Anderson - The Last of Us Part II

Infected - The Last of Us

Delsin Row - Infamous Second Son

Abagail "Fetch" Walker - Infamous First Light

Kevin Wendle Crumb - Split

Judy Hopps - Zootopia

Shiro (No Game No Life) - No Game No Life

Sora (No Game No Life) - No Game No Life

Tanjiro - Demon Slayer

Nezuko - Demon Slayer

Dovahkiin - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hero of Oakvale - Fable

Arkham Knight - Batman: Arkham Knight

Sunny - Into the badlands

Ethan Winters- Resident Evil VII

Crazy Hand - Super Smash Brothers: Melee

Pride Troopers - Dragon Ball Super

Ryuko Matio - Kill la Kill

Satsuki Kiryuin - Kill la Kill

Honnouji Academy Elite Four - Kill la Kill

Teletubbies - Teletubbies

Great General Budo - Akame Ga Kill

Witches of Sin - RE: Zero Starting Life in Another World

Blank - No Game No Life

Lucky Chloe - Tekken 7

Else Granhiert-  RE: Zero Starting Life in Another World

Karino Shuka - Darwin's Game

Horde Troopers - Shera Princess of Power

Pandora The Witch of Vainglory - RE: Zero Starting Life in Another World

Subaru Natsuki - RE: Zero Starting Life in Another World

Witch's Cult - RE: Zero Starting Life in Another World

In all the years I have been on the CBUB, I am surprised that no one has added this particular violent killer in. Maybe it's because he's from an early 90's sci-fi action B flick that didn't exactly take off but if you know who this guy is... Well, you damn well know that he's a fine addition to the database.

He comes in peace.... Talec, the alien drug dealer from the movie I Come in Peace has finally made his entrance to the CBUB!!

I Come in Peace

Talec