Rumble 20588 Waldstein vs. Metera vs. Mutagen Man
MATCH SCORE
Waldstein: 0
Metera: 1
Mutagen Man: 2

So who have YOU added?

Character Adds:

Wendy Wu: Main character from a Disney Channel martial arts film

Julie Pierce: Anyone remember the attempted reboot of Karate Kid with Hillary Swank? No. Well for completions sake, here's the main character.

Colonel Dugan: The badguy of The Next Karate Kid. He apparently leads some kind of rogue JROTC program. 

Westeros: The setting in Game of Thrones

I have to ask...

Why was Lotus Blossom from TMNT 1987 denied when the Wikipedia link is the article for the show which she is clearly from? If it's because she's omitted from the character list, that's more the fault of the wikipedia maintainer.

Otherwise, I would've used this.

https://turtlepedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lotus_Blossom_(1987_TV_series)

29 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I have to ask...

Why was Lotus Blossom from TMNT 1987 denied when the Wikipedia link is the article for the show which she is clearly from? If it's because she's omitted from the character list, that's more the fault of the wikipedia maintainer.

Sorry, but I’m the one who had to deny Lotus Blossom. My understanding of the rules is that characters need some kind of information on Wikipedia to be added to the Database. If the character isn’t on Wikipedia, then it can’t be on the site. This is why I hate to use Wikipedia.

39 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Sorry, but I’m the one who had to deny Lotus Blossom. My understanding of the rules is that characters need some kind of information on Wikipedia to be added to the Database. If the character isn’t on Wikipedia, then it can’t be on the site. This is why I hate to use Wikipedia.

And let me guess, the rules can't be bent for an exception?

1 hour ago, RakaiThwei said:

I have to ask...

53 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

14 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

And let me guess, the rules can't be bent for an exception?

Well, the rules were made by Fox. But we can ask @IKA about it, since he now runs the site.

So here's the thing,

We all have characters we love and want to add to the database, but sadly not all of them have Wikipedia pages. Some years ago, pretty much every thing on the internet had it's own dedicated Wikipedia page, but that is no longer the case. 

Some characters will need to have a little extra research done on part of the reader now as not everyone has their own page, it's definitely a pain in the butt. 

All that being said, the submission HAS to include a WIKIPEDIA page as that is open source and therefore fair game. Wikias,however, are not, they are owned content and having their information on this website is akin to plagiarism. Since I can't possibly get permission for every Wikia owner, they may not be used, NO exceptions. 

However, as I said not every character has their own Wikipedia page, and some are never even mentioned on Wikipedia, this is where things get tricky. So Here is my final say on the matter, I trust our admins and mods to make the correct choices and use their better judgement, I will always back their decision, that is why even though the website has changed hands, our Mods and Admins did not. IF there in no possible way to find a Wikipedia page sourcing you character, I will allow a Wikipedia that sources the show / comic / etc where they originate. If that is not possible then they can not be added until a Wikipedia page is created. The choice to accept or deny the characters, is up to the admins and mods, their choice is final. 

To that, if any of my mods or admins have questions on approval they can ask me and I will give them my opinion. 

Does that clear things up?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IKA said:

Does that clear things up?

Yeeeeeeaaaaaah.... It does.

I'm going to submit Lotus Blossom once more time, because I think I may end up using her in my Mirage TMNT storyline which I just picked up as of last night once again.

So.... @Venom 2009 please refer to this link for character review DESPITE me using the Wikipedia link.

Thanks @IKA🙂 👍

Ok, as long as Wikipedia has a page on the source from where that character is from, that character will be allow into the site.

To @RakaiThwei, Lotus Blossom is now in the database. 

Another round of adds:

James Cole - a Bruce Willis character from 12 Monkeys. A film and TV series where Cole goes back in time to stop an apocalyptic virus that wipes out nearly all of humanity

Cassandra "Cassie" Railly - a virologist in the TV series of 12 Monkeys. She helps Cole in his quest to prevent the virus

The Ruins - from the novel and film The Ruins. An ancient temple in South America that is home to carnivorous killer planets that can even grow inside the victims. I think the vines/plants could also mimic sounds and voices.

Joe Smith (Samaritan)- a Stallone character from one of his latest movies Samaritan. A super-powered individual that is possibly a famous retired superhero.

Thunder Force - from the Netflix film Thunder Force. A duo of Middle aged something women that gain super powers. Not the greatest film but thought they could he an interesting addition in the site 

Tango & Cash - from the film Tango and Cash. A duo of narcotic officers that have to team up to stop a bad guy. Another one of Stallone's characters

Ajedrez - a double agent and female fetal in the film Once Upon a Time in Mexico

The Corinthian - from The Sandman comic series and Netflix show. He is a rogue nightmare that becomes a serial killer

Tsu'Tey - a Na'vi warrior from the film Avatar

Dr. Grace Augustine - a lead scientist that is part of the Avatar program in the film Avatar

Mountain Banshee - a dragon like creature from Avatar that the Na'vi tame and ride as a rite of passage 

Great Leonopteryx- another dragon like creature from Avatar. It is larger than the mountain banshees and are much harder to tame. They are called the last shadow among the Na'vi

Thanator - a giant leopard like beast from Avatar. The director described it as a leopard from hell that would eat a t Rex for dinner and an Alien for dessert 

Huh.

I'm playing catch-up here, and having just checked TMNT '87's Wiki character page myself, it's kind of surprising that, out of all the one-shot characters that's mentioned there, Lotus Blossom isn't one of them.

Get right on that, Wiki! :D 

Aw, well. Looks like things are resolved on this front in the meantime, though. 

New characters added: 

Osmosis "Ozzy" Jones 

A recording of Osmosis Jones has been sitting around in my house for a long time, so I finally went ahead and watched it this weekend. At least the animated parts of the film weren't bad, so I figured, why not add its protagonist? A match-up for him would have to be pretty creative, though, since he's a white blood cell. 

Eve Polastri 

The "hero" of Killing Eve is now in. Since I already added Villanelle, I was actually waiting to see if someone that's actually watched the show would add Eve, but here we are. 

Bumi (The Legend of Korra) 

Aang's kooky oldest child is here. :) 

Added a few more characters!

Saturday Night Slam Masters

Biff Slamkovich

The Barbarians

The Barbarians

Don Jon

Jon "Don Jon" Martello

Yeah, I added in Jon Martello from Don Jon! In case anyone ever wants to write up a story arc if he can smash some of the hottest babes and superheroines and maybe supervillains in comics... You guys can now do that! But I'm sure we gotta keep it in the PG-13 range (maybe R-rated as far as language rather than depictions of his escapades goes).

So here are some recent additions. I was watching National Treasure recently and was inspired by treasure hunting characters

Ian Howe - the main antagonist from National Treasure. A Sean Bean character that does not die. Friend and later adversary to the main character.

Mitchell "Mitch" Wilkinson - main antagonist from National Treasure 2. He sets in motion most of the events of the film and is the reason the main character is looking for the treasure for the film

Rene Belloq - from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. A Fremch archeologist and rival to Indy. One of the films antagonist

Arnold Toht - from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Another antagonist from the film. He is a Nazi officer that I believe specializes in interrogations but can't remember. His face melted at the end

Ernest Vogel - from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. One of the antagonist. He was a Nazi officer that was able to put up a decent fight against Indy

Marion Ravenwood - from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy's love interest and a tough female character. Although she does find herself getting kidnapped a lot 

Jo Braddock - from the film Uncharted. A major antagonist in the movie. She is a mercenary that is hunting for the treasure 

58 minutes ago, Boratz said:

So here are some recent additions. I was watching National Treasure recently and was inspired by treasure hunting characters

Ian Howe - the main antagonist from National Treasure. A Sean Bean character that does not die. Friend and later adversary to the main character.

Mitchell "Mitch" Wilkinson - main antagonist from National Treasure 2. He sets in motion most of the events of the film and is the reason the main character is looking for the treasure for the film

Rene Belloq - from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. A French archeologist and rival to Indy. One of the films antagonist

Arnold Toht - from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Another antagonist from the film. He is a Nazi officer that I believe specializes in interrogations but can't remember. His face melted at the end

Ernest Vogel - from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. One of the antagonist. He was a Nazi officer that was able to put up a decent fight against Indy

Marion Ravenwood - from Raiders of the Lost Ark and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Indy's love interest and a tough female character. Although she does find herself getting kidnapped a lot 

Jo Braddock - from the film Uncharted. A major antagonist in the movie. She is a mercenary that is hunting for the treasure 

Cool stuff man, I always liked National Treasure, one of Nick Cage's best films, I don't know what to stay about the new remake/sequel eh...

It's also cool that you brought in Belloq, an underrated character, I wish we saw more of his and Indy's conflict from before Raiders of the Lost Ark though, a prequel is in order, in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Z451 said:

Cool stuff man, I always liked National Treasure, one of Nick Cage's best films, I don't know what to stay about the new remake/sequel eh...

It's also cool that you brought in Belloq, an underrated character, I wish we saw more of his and Indy's conflict from before Raiders of the Lost Ark though, a prequel is in order, in my opinion.

I agree with Nation Treasure. I always wish they would have done 3rd one. I've heard they're supposed to make one but I feel too much time has passed. As for the series, I will wait and see but I'm not confident in it

I was surprised that the Indy characters were not already in the site. 

The characters from the Goketsuji Ichizoku series, otherwise known in the west as Power Instinct, have arrived to the CBUB! These are just a few characters but expect more of them to come as soon as I find suitable battle images for them! Until then... Here are the representatives of the Power Instinct franchise!

Oume Goketsuji
Otane Goketsuji
Reiji Oyama
Chin Nen
Annie Hamilton
Keith Wayne
White Buffalo
Saizo Hattori

Another batch of characters added

Joe Goldberg - from You - he is a stalker and serial killer. Goes from being a bookstore owner to living in the suburbs

Love Quinn - from You - she is Joe's wife and later on. She's probably just as crazy as him, if not more so. She is also a serial killer

Lindsey Wallace - From the Halloween series - one of the kids in the first film and a survivor later on in another

Frank Cosgrove - from the new Law And Order - one of the lead detectives in the reboot series 

Odafin "Fin" Tutuola - from Law and Order SVU. Other than Benson, I think he has been on the series since the beginning or pretty darn close to it

Jay Halstead - from Chicago PD - One of the detectives in Hank's intelligence unit in Chicago Pd. Former Army Ranger and now detective

Hailey Upton - from Chicago PD - Another detective in the intelligence unit in Chicago PD

KIm Burgess - from Chicago PD - Another officer in the intelligence unit

Adam Ruzek - from Chicago PD - An officer with the intelligence unit in Chicago PD

Kevin Atwater - from Chicago PD - another detective on the team of the intelligence unit

Ayanna Bell - From Law and Order Organized Crime a detective and over the organized crime unit. Elliot Stabler's superior

So that rounds out the recent adds. Several cops, a few crazy killers and a survivor

8 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Santa Mira CA: Home of Silver Shamrock novelties! From Halloween III season of the witch. Interestingly Santa Mira seems to be a go to name for fictional California cities.

ALSO

DAXTER: From Jak and Daxter, he had a solo game spinoff.

Vladimir Markarov: A Russian ultra nationalist terrorist from the COD franchise. 'Remember No Russian' 

• 3 weeks later...

Added to the database as of today, one of the most dangerous and perhaps psychotic mofo's out there in Martial Arts cinema. Tong Po, the notorious Muay Thai champion and fighter has entered the CBUB!

Kickboxer (1989)

Tong Po

Couple recent additions:

Cyrus (Nemesis II) - Main antagonist in the film Samaritan. He is a crime boss who ends up getting a hold of a hammer that grants him super strength. 

Alvin Olinsky - an under cover detective in the intelligence unit of Chicago pd. I guess I added other members of the team along with some Law and Order characters, so I thought might as well had Hank's good pal

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 7:33 AM, Boratz said:

Odafin "Fin" Tutuola - from Law and Order SVU. Other than Benson, I think he has been on the series since the beginning or pretty darn close to it

Actually, Fin came on SVU during its second season.

Another fun fact: as of a few years ago, Ice-T is the most tenured actor in the entire L&O/One Chicago/FBI franchise after Mariska Hargitay herself. Really ironic that a dude that once wrote and released "Cop Killas" is now probably best known these days for playing a detective.  :D