Slot: The Team's Comedy Sidekick
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Odie at this Wiki
Official Site: Universal Press Syndicate

Battle Terrain
Sidekick vs. Terrain

Odie is a determined figure, but Middle Earth is leagues above the type of torments that Garfield and co. have put him through.

There is a lot out there that may overpower the poor beagle, and thus it is really hard to see him surviving long in such an environment.

Unless, he finds himself allied with the Fellowship in some way, allowing Gandalf to protect him.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

Middle Earth encompasses a huge number of diverse territories.  Odie could be hanging out someplace perfectly safe, like The Shire.

Yeah... Yeah, that's right!!

And given how friendly that the Hobbits are there, there's a good chance Odie might actually befriend the Hobbits, maybe even befriend the Fellowship! So you know what, I am going to vote on good faith for my boy Odie here on the chance that he finds Bilbo or maybe Frodo, or maybe Mr. Samwise... and becomes a good companion and pet to the Hobbits.

Who knows, maybe the Elves of Rivendale might take something of a particular liking to Odie as well. I mean, come on... they'd likely see him as an odd, curious but funny little dog that they might take in.

Yeah, voting on Odie for those chances.

I would say this depends entirely on the time period and the location Odie drops in. As long as he's not in Mordor, he should actually be relatively safe most of the time. Because Mordor is not a majority of Middle Earth as far as I'm aware, Odie is more likely to end up somewhere safe, or not openly hostile, than he is to be in danger. Plus, Odie is surprisingly durable. He could survive an encounter with an Orc or two. Not many, granted, but again, the odds that he'll be up against any of the big horrors in Middle Earth seem somewhat slim to me

10 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I would say this depends entirely on the time period and the location Odie drops in. As long as he's not in Mordor, he should actually be relatively safe most of the time. Because Mordor is not a majority of Middle Earth as far as I'm aware, Odie is more likely to end up somewhere safe, or not openly hostile, than he is to be in danger. Plus, Odie is surprisingly durable. He could survive an encounter with an Orc or two. Not many, granted, but again, the odds that he'll be up against any of the big horrors in Middle Earth seem somewhat slim to me

DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE! DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE!!

SHOW US DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE! Heh heh heh heh!!

4 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE! DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE!!

SHOW US DURABILITY FEATS FOR ODIE! Heh heh heh heh!!

Lol sure, I got you.

Undoubtedly his most impressive one is literally getting "kicked into next week" by Garfield. I have no idea how to calculate it, but it seems pretty impressive that he's not even damaged by it. He also generally gets launched by and smacked around by Garfield, and never shows any damage, despite being kicked pretty far. 

I mean Odie is as likely to survive as Bill the Pony, who made it from The Shire all the way to the Door of Durin. Unless he goes to a few very specific places (depending on which age we are in) I think Odie survives fine. He probably would just end up being a household dog. Unless he’s riding into battle for some strange reason, 24 hours is easy.

EDIT: 

Bill the Pony made it from Bree to the Door of Durin, then was scared by the watcher and ran back home. Sam found him back in Bree after the main adventure and used him in the battle of bywater.

Edited by Magnamax
Correcting.Facts.

6 hours ago, Z451 said:

There is a lot out there that may overpower the poor beagle,

Had no idea he was a beagle. As a hunting dog then, he should be able to survive Middle Earth on his own by hunting if he doesn't run into the baddies of Middle Earth.