Waspinator vs. Grumble Bee
MATCH SCORE
Waspinator: 3
Grumble Bee: 2

Match 15357 Angel (King Of Fighters) vs. Julia Chang

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXXIII

ryuji_yamazaki__kof_xiv__by_briankusanagi98_dbnr65h-fullview.jpg.207bbd9feaa2c4bade1f857edf068ed9.jpg

In an underground fight club in London, Steve Fox tried desperately to get close to Ryuji Yamazaki with his attacks so that he could land his most devastating blows. (REF: STEVE FOX VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI)  However, Ryuji had other ideas and utilized his long expanding limbs to expertly keep Steve at a safe distance in between his own offensive combos.

“Stop fooling around, and fight me like a man,” said an exasperated Steve.

“If you wanted the fun portion to be done with, all you had to do was say so,” Ryuji retorted.

Ryuj grabbed Steve’s head and dragged it across the ground. He then lifted Steve into the air and juggled him with a pair of kicks before finally taking him down with a devastating punch from his right hand, which was engulfed in a red tornado of energy.

Ryuji placed his right hand back in his pocket. “The game is over. You lose.”

Steve groaned in pain.

“Good. You’re still conscious. That will make it easier for me and my associate here to ask our questions,” stated Ryuji.

“No longer necessary,” said Christie. “Our objective has changed. We don’t need him for anything anymore. Do what you want with him. according to his file, his own mother doesn’t even want anything to do with him. He won’t be missed.”

Ryuji pulled out his knife. “Tough break pal.” Ryuji then proceeded to complete his kill.

A few minutes later, Christie and Ryuji exited the fight club as Ryuji cleaned the blood off his blade.

“So what’s the job now?” he asked.

“Tracking down ancient warriors,” Christie answered.

“Ancient warriors? You mean like knights and samurais? I’m going to need a bigger knife,” Ryuji joked.  “Where do we start?”

Christie shrugged. “Apparently with Kazuya’s bodyguard, Anna Williams. Victor is of the opinion that she can help us track them down, or at the very least help us get to her sister who has already tracked one down.”  (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS)

“Where do we find Anna?”

“Mexico. She was there investigating a G Corporation facility when she ran into trouble. We will need to get her out of it,” Christie explained. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS)

“Why do you sound so bummed?” Ryuji wondered.

“I just can’t believe that Kazuya Mishima isn’t grateful that I took out some of his competition free of charge,” Christie complained “I took down his adopted brother.” (REF: LEE CHAOLAN VS. CHRISTIE)

“Did he tell you that or is that coming from Victor?” Ryuji inquired. “Victor might be just trying to save his own ass in Kazuya’s eyes and will take credit for any and all things to ensure that happens.” 

“He better not be or I will eliminate him, myself,” said Christie. She then chuckled to herself. “I bet G-Corporation pays better anyway.”

“Maybe. On the other hand, we are on a mission to save his bodyguard. I’m pretty sure Kazuya has the money and resources to spring her out himself if he really wanted to. Doesn’t exactly project as a man who cares about his employees,” stated Ryuji.

“I don’t need someone worried about me. I just want to know that their checks will clear,” said Christie.

Ryuji smiled. “Well, aren’t we a pair?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kofxiv_angel_pose_750px.jpg.c81efb47fc00746f0071bc97ebe18345.jpg

At Violet Systems headquarters, Julia Chang could not stop rewinding the video from her friend Lee Chaolan’s secret office camera. Although it gave her the answer she was looking for, it was still a bitter pill to swallow. Julia watched the footage over and over again of Lee being murdered by a woman with short silver hair and a skin tight jumpsuit.  (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI) The footage made her sick, but she continued to replay it in disbelief that it was real. Lee’s murderer was clearly a skilled fighter. Julia wondered if she had been hired by Kazuya or possibly even Heihachi. Julia was still not sure on how to feel about the acting head of Violet Systems, Yoshi, and whether or not he had involvement as well. Julia felt guilty that the last time she had tried to talk to Lee it was after she was attacked on the wrestling circuit.  (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG

Julia decided she was going to confront Yoshi about the woman from the footage. Julia figured his reaction would go a long way in telling her what side he was on.  She also had faith, that if things went sour, she and her new friend, Rainbow Mika, (REF: ZANGIEF VS. CHANG KOEHAN) could take out Violet Systems security, She left Lee’s office to return to Yoshi’s office downstairs.

In Yoshi’s office, Angel grabbed R. Mika by the neck, twirled in the air, and smashed the blonde Japanese wrestler through a table with her own variation of the Rock Bottom, the Blue Sunday Parade. (REF: ANGEL VS. R. MIKA)  Rainbow Mika remained motionless at Angel’s feet after the move. Just for good measure, Angel decided to assault R. Mika with her own version of the People’s Elbow, the Survivor’s Banquet, as well. 

“Hmmm. You tried pretty hard I guess. But, you are nowhere near as good me,” said Angel.

Angel then turned her attention back to Yoshi.

“That really got me energized. Would you like to go a couple rounds too, old man,” she offered.

Yoshi shook his head. “Oh please no!”

“Well then, if we aren’t going to tussle, then it is back to the original plan. You are coming with me. I am taking you to Kazuya Mishima and you are going to sign over ownership of Violet Systems to him, willingly or otherwise,” said Angel.

Angel grabbed Yoshi’s arm.

“Leave him alone.”

Angel spun on her heel to witness Julia Chang enter Yoshi’s office. Julia’s eyes immediately went over to her friend’s broken body.

“Oh no. Mika!”

Angel snickered. “Friend of yours?”

“Yes, she is. You did this to her?”

Angel smiled. “Yeah. Maybe I went a little too hard on her.”

Anger swelled up inside Julia. “Were you involved in Lee’s murder as well?”

Angel wiggled her finger in denial. “No. No. No. Lee was already dead when I was picked for this job. I am just here for him.” She pointed at Yoshi,

Julia realized someone was trying to put the squeeze on Yoshi, and she had a good idea who. This also meant Yoshi probably wasn’t involved in Lee’s death.

“Kazuya wants control of Violet Systems,” Julia guessed.

‘Angel beamed. “How refreshing, you’re cute and smart. Not as cute as me, but still.”

“I won’t let you take Yoshi,” Julia declared. “If you want him, you’ll have to go through me.”

Angel frowned. “Maybe you’re not that smart after all.” Angel then flipped her frown upside down. “Oh well, better for me. I will get to show off more of my moves. Didn’t really get a chance to before against that ox woman.”

“Don’t disrespect Mika,” Julia warned.

Angel made a “just bring it” gesture with her hand. “Are you ready?”

I would say that Angel pretty much has this one in the bag, especially considering that she is genetically altered by NEST to possess some degree of superhuman strength, speed, durability and threshold to where she is able to even compete against an Orochi awakened Leona Heidern in the canonical manga KOF: A New Beginning. So the moment Angel pretty much unleashes that side of her... Julia is going to be really feeling the pain in the next morning.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:19 PM, JohnnyChany said:

Ryuji pulled out his knife. “Tough break pal.” Ryuji then proceeded to complete his kill.

On 11/22/2020 at 7:19 PM, JohnnyChany said:

Julia watched the footage over and over again of Lee being murdered by a woman with short silver hair and a skin tight jumpsuit.

Lot of murder in this one. Lol

I like this match, though I think a bit more setting would be nice because sometimes the location is hard to imagine. I like to picture a 2d or 3d fighting game background for most of these matches you do.

Angel has this one based on her skill and speed. Julia has stronger punches but moves too stiff in my opinion. Angel will make quick work of her.

6 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

Lot of murder in this one. Lol

I like this match, though I think a bit more setting would be nice because sometimes the location is hard to imagine. I like to picture a 2d or 3d fighting game background for most of these matches you do.

Angel has this one based on her skill and speed. Julia has stronger punches but moves too stiff in my opinion. Angel will make quick work of her.

Yeah, I figured Ryuji and Christie are professional killers, sooner or later they are going to have to start offing people lol. 

Some more scene setting, that's a good note.

Another good set-up, Johnny. From what I read up on Ryuji from after reading a previous match of yours, that's exactly how I'd imagine he'd finish a fight.

As for this match, after looking up both Angel and Julia, it just appears that Angel has a fairly clear edge based on her physicals alone.