MATCH SCORE
Forge: 1
Cable: 8

Match 14538 Angel (King Of Fighters) vs. R.Mika

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXXVII

541681-julia_chang_opening_movie_tekken_

Rainbow Mika watched the entirety of the Zangief Chang Koehan fight on the edge of her seat. (REF: ZANGIEF VS. CHANG KOEHAN) In the end, Zangief lifted the massive Chang Koehan with his impressive strength, jumped into the air, spun around, and drilled the mighty Korean into the mat.

"Spinning Piledriver!!" R. Mika exclaimed. "It's over."

"Fantastic. Can we go now?" asked Julia Chang.

"I have to go congratulate him," Mika responded.

Julia Chang glared at her wrestling associate.

R. Mika smiled. "Or I could come back and do that after I help you out."

"That sounds like a great idea," stated Julia.

Julia and Rainbow Mika exited the stadium and left Russia to travel to the headquarters of Julia's friend, Lee Chaolan's robotics corporation, Violet Systems. When they reached the building, they were immediately seized by robotic guards.

"What are you doing? Get your hands off me!" Julia demanded.

Mika struggled as a several robots grabbed at her arms. "I thought you said this man was your friend."

"He is." Julia insisted. She looked at the robots restraining her. "If anyone is listening, my name is Julia Chang and I am a friend of Lee Chaolan. I am just here to check on him."

"That's enough!' A voice called out.

The robotic guards immediately released Julia and Mika and stood at attention. From the distance, a small Japanese man with a long mustache emerged.

"I apologize for the less than hospitable greeting, recent events have forced us to drastically upgrade our security," said the man.

"What events?" asked Julia. "Who are you? Where is Lee? Why can't I get a hold of him?"

"You should come inside," the man offered. "We have much to discuss."

A sense of dread erupted in Julia's heart. She and Mika followed the man into the Violet Systems

building. He led them to an office and had an assistant fetch them tea.

"First I should introduce myself. My name is Yoshi and I am the acting CEO of Violet Systems. It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Chang. Lee told me a lot about you and how much you had helped him," the man said.

"Where is Lee?" Julia asked.

Yoshi looked down at his feet and then back at Julia with sadness in his eyes. "I am sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. Lee was murdered a couple of days ago. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI) An assassin snuck into our headquarters and killed him while he was working a late night shift. (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN) That is the main reason for all the heightened security in and around the building."

Julia's heart dropped. "That is awful."

Mika wrapped her arms around Julia and pulled her tight.

"Do you know who did it?" asked Julia.

"Unfortunately no. All the camera feeds to Lee's office were cut right before it happened. It was obviously a professional."

"No doubt hired by Kazuya. Just as I am sure that he is responsible for the attack on me in Atlanta," said Julia. (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG)

"Kazuya Mishima does have deep pockets and a far reaching grasp," Yoshi agreed.

"I just don't get how....." Julia's voice trailed off as she looked at both Mika and Yoshi. "Could you excuse us for a moment?"

"Of course. I know it is a lot to digest. I will be waiting outside the door," said Yoshi.

The acting CEO left Mika and Julia alone in the office.

Rainbow Mika"˜s eyes were full of pity. "I am sorry about your friend, Jaycee... I mean Julia."

Julia grabbed a piece of paper and began to write quickly on it.

"What are you writing? Why are you writing?" asked Mika.

"Just jotting down some notes about what happened here," Julia remarked innocently.

Julia handed the piece of paper to Mika and motioned for her to read it.

I believe this office is bugged so I don't want to talk out loud. I am not sure if I trust Yoshi. I find it hard to believe that no cameras picked up the assassin the entire time he or she was here. There are cameras all over this building. There are even some secret ones in Lee's office that he only told me about just in case something like this happened to him. I need to get into his office and see if I can find them. I want you to stay with Yoshi and keep an eye on him while I investigate.

Mika nodded. She handed it back to Julia. "I think you covered everything."

Julia stood up and opened the office door.

"Yoshi, I would like to take a look around Lee's office," she requested.

"Sure. We can go there right now," replied Yoshi.

"Actually, I would like to look around myself if you don't mind. It just feels like something I need to do," said Julia.

"A strange request but simple enough. We all have our own ways to grieve." Yoshi pulled a passkey out of his pocket. "You will need this to get through. Do you know how to get there?"

"Yes. Thank you Yoshi," replied Julia.

Julia walked down the hallway toward the elevator. Yoshi turned his attention to Mika who was still sitting in the office with a cheerful expression on her face.

"That is certainly an interesting ensemble that you are wearing Miss...."

"Rainbow Mika. And thank you, I designed it myself."

It took her a little while, but Julia found the hidden cameras in Lee Chaolan's former office. She rewound them to the night of his death. There she was on film. The silver haired woman responsible for the death of her friend. As Julia watched the fight between them unfold, she clinched her fist in anger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

579300_255620844560397_990491692_n.jpg

Kazuya Mishima was frustrated. For all the good things that Victor Donovan was doing, he was still failing to produce results in his most important task: locating Yoshimitsu, the Manji Clan, and obtaining Soul Edge. (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI) To make matters worse, word had spread that M. Bison and Shadoloo were no longer Kazuya's only competition for the legendary sword. (REF: PAUL PHOENIX VS. BALROG) His son, Jin, and the Mishima Zaibatsu had also officially joined the hunt. (REF: SETSUKA VS. NINA WILLIAMS) The only recent bright spot was the death of Kazuya's adoptive brother, Lee Chaolan. Not only was it one less thorn in Kazuya's side, but Lee's Violet Systems would be a valuable asset for Kazuya and the G Corporation. However, Kazuya knew that if he wanted to take control of the robotics company he would have to act fast.

Unfortunately, the two people he would trust most with this responsibility were missing action. Kazuya had not had any contact with Anna Williams after he had sent her to Mexico to investigate a research facility explosion. (REF: BLUE MARY VS. ANNA WILLIAMS) He was certain that something had happened to her. (REF: BRAD BURNS VS. BRUCE IRVIN). With her unavailable, Kazuya had turned to his trusty lieutenant, Bruce Irvin. Kazuya had originally granted Bruce a leave of absence to participate in Sagat's Muay Thai tournament (REF: JOE HIGASHI VS. ADON), but recent developments had to take priority. He had tried to contact Bruce, yet he had still not heard back from him. (REF: ZASALAMEL VS. SAGAT)

Kazuya tapped his fingers on his desk as he thought. He considered the possibility of handling the situation himself, but suddenly another option sprung into his mind. He tapped one of the buttons on his desk by his hand.

"Send up Angel."

Minutes later, a scantily clad Hispanic woman with short silver hair stood in Kazuya's doorway.

"You wanted to see me, Mr. Mishima?"

"Angel, you were once a highly regarded agent with incredible strength for the NESTS cartel all the way until its demise. However, when I found you, you were wondering around aimlessly with no immediate goals or plans. I gave you a new home to apply your craft," said Kazuya.

"Yes sir, you have been very good to me," Angel agreed.

"I also told you there would be opportunities for advancement, well today is that opportunity," Kazuya announced.

"Anything you need," Angel replied.

"There is a company named Violet Systems that is currently in a vulnerable state. The head of it, my brother Lee, has recently been killed. I want to take control of Violet Systems and absorb it and its assets into G Corporation. I am certain that Yoshi is running things over there right now until they can figure out a way forward given Lee's sudden demise. Yoshi was Lee's best friend. They were both orphan mutts and bonded as children. Fortunately, Yoshi is much weaker than Lee was."

Angel listened intently.

"I am putting you in charge of a small unit of elite G Corporation soldiers. I want you to infiltrate Violet Systems, abduct Yoshi, and bring him here to me so that we can formally negotiate the relinquishment of his company."

"I won't let you down," said Angel.

Inside Violet Systems headquarters, Rainbow Mika and Yoshi waited patiently for Julia Chang to finish up in Lee's former office a few floors above them.

Yoshi took a sip from his tea. "So you met Julia on the wrestling circuit? How strange, Lee told me she was a scientist not a professional wrestler,"

"I think she has many gifts," said Mika.

Out of nowhere, alarms blared throughout the building. Mika's eyes darted back and forth from left to right.

"What is going on?" she asked.

"I'm not sure. But, there might be no need to panic. Perhaps Miss Chang accidentally set off one of the alarms. I will go check and see what is....."

Yoshi stopped mid sentence as a half destroyed robot smashed through the office door and tumbled around his feet. Angel kicked open the remains of the door.

"Yoshi, you are coming with me. Kazuya Mishima would like a word," she announced.

"You're out of your mind. I am not going with you anywhere. I have nothing to say to that sadistic maniac," replied Yoshi.

Angel giggled. "I wasn't asking, silly."

Rainbow Mika jumped to her feet. "If Yoshi doesn't want to go then I will not let you take him!"

"You want a piece of this, blondie?"

"Rainbow Mika never backs away from a fight!"

I don't know anything about Angel so I'll have to research, but R. Mika actually beat Zangief in a match. He was being serious and she was just playing around so her sillyness won't hurt her as much as it should. Plus I like her throwing that big 'ol boody around. I like big butts and I cannont lie...

I was also largely unaware of Angel until recently when I played some NESTS era King of Fighters games.

The key thing to know about her is that the NESTS cartel enhanced her body to have superhuman speed, dexterity, and strength so that she has no problem throwing around the likes of Goro Daimon, Maxima, and Chang Koehan.

For style points she does the Rock Bottom and People's Elbow!

Guest KibaxHinata

Seeing some gameplay instantly allowed me to make my vote.

Mika can dish some damage (especially with her infamous flying rear attack) and is strong enough to impress the protector of Russian skies, but Angel is quicker than Mika (seeing certain moves make her flash step), moves inspired by The Rock mixed with muay thai, is stated to have enough stamina that she can't get fatigue for hours, and superhuman strength makes her better than Mika. 

Also, Angel apperently has an infinte combo.

Guest Kal2400

Awesome storyline you have going a splendid read and very enjoyable. I gave my vote to Angel Too much talent as a fighter versus a less talented fighter R. Mika is beaten.

Guest Dinsdale Piranha

Excellent installment, and it looks like Angel is a monster with her enhancements of strength and speed.

Guest Magickal

It says that Angel has enhanced strength, speed, and toughness but since all fighting game characters are superhuman anyway...Still, Angel is a professional killer and she would likely overwhelm Mika after a decent fight.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

Dinsdale Piranha gives it a grade of [A] -

KibaxHinata gives it a grade of [A] -

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of [A] -

patrickthekid gives it a grade of [A] -

SCORE

Angel (King Of Fighters): 14

R.Mika: 6

FPA: 4.0