Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 13996 Christie vs. Lee Chaolan

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXV

https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_small/16/164924/2292462-victordonovan.png

From a discrete base on an abandoned oil rig, Victor Donovan chatted with his personal assassin, Christie, on a big screen.

"Status report?" asked Donovan.

"Ikari Warriors were unwittingly deployed against Jin Kazama and the Mishima Zaibatsu. As far as how much damage they have caused thus far, it is inconclusive," replied Christie. (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL)

"Our window of opportunity is closing, Christie, so we need to be more thorough," Donovan informed.

"Closing?"

"Another day that we don't locate Yoshimitsu and his Manji clan is another day that M. Bison just might. And we are no longer up against just Shadoloo. A couple of days ago, Hayate infiltrated one of our facilities. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) It is only a matter of time before the entire Mugen Tenshin is up in our business," said Donovan.

"Would you like me to divert their attention?" asked Christie.

Donovan shook his head. "No. You are too vital to me and our mission to use as a decoy. Besides I have something else I need you to do. I have yet to hear back from Lisa Hamilton. I can only assume she failed to capture Julia Chang. (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG) It occurs to me that I do not have the time or the luxury to rely on those that might get the job done anymore. I need people on these tasks that I have full confidence in, such as yourself. The fact that the G Corporation have so far been unable to extract any useful knowledge out of the Shadoloo Doll, Juni, and now the emergence of the Mugen Tenshin simply reinforce this notion. These events coupled with our inability to find Yoshimitsu continue to strain our tentative partnership with Kazuya Mishima."

"Whatever the job is, I will not fail," Christie said with confidence.

"Glad to hear it. It is a simple, straightforward assignment. I want you to terminate Lee Chaolan, the CEO of the robotics company, Violet Systems, and adoptive brother of Kazuya. Eliminating one of his rivals should give us all the leeway we need with Mr. Mishima," stated Donovan.

"It will be done," replied Christie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ttt2-violet-600.png

At Violet Systems headquarters, Lee Chaolan entered his office while talking on his phone. "I am staying late tonight. I will not leave until I can figure out who took Alisa Bosconovitch. (REF: KULA DIAMOND VS. ALISA BOSCONOVITCH) Lars entrusted me with her and I told him that I would fix her up. He is going to be furious when he finds out that we lost her. It is fortunate that he is a little preoccupied at the moment. (REF: ROLENTO F. SHUGERG VS. RALF JONES) I am going to go over the tapes again. See if you can find any clues from your end."

Lee hung up his phone, walked over to his desk, and sat down. He picked up a note by his computer.

Julia Chang called again. She was attacked on the wrestling circuit. She is concerned that the G Corporation is coming after her.

Lee looked back at his phone and saw several missed calls from his friend. "What is going on?"

Lee started to call Julia back, but stopped when he saw Christie standing a few feet away from him.

"I know I am not interviewing any secretaries right now. So unless you are my long lost sister, which would be fitting given the craziness of the last several days, you are the other type of beautiful woman that sometimes searches me out, the less fun type," Lee quipped.

Christie smirked.

Lee rose to his feet. "I always thought it would be Nina or Anna Williams that would be waiting to kill me in my office one night. Honestly, I am a little insulted that it is not. Which one of my loving family members sent you, Kazuya? Jin? Heihachi?"

"Don't worry about who sent me. It will all be over soon and you won't have to worry about anything ever again," Christie replied.

Lee scratched his head. "I can't figure out if you are one of the best assassins in the world because you got through my air tight security, or if you are one the worst because you revealed yourself to me instead of just completing the job."

"I have been working behind the scenes a lot lately. (REF: LEO KLIESEN VS. KING (ART OF FIGHTING), CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE, BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL, CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) And sometimes a girl just craves some action. You are a participant in the King of the Iron Fist tournaments are you not? Which means you aren't some wimp in a suit. I think I will have a lot of fun killing you," stated Christie.

"As you wish," said Lee. "Although I think we would have had a lot more fun if you would have come after me in my home in the Bahamas."

"Speak for yourself, Mr. Chaolan. You're not even worthy enough to be my toy," Christie remarked.

My first impression was that the adopted brother of Jin would be too much for Christie.

I looked at some video of Lee and saw nothing that wowed me. (He'd probably have better moves if he had been in SF X Tekken). But Christie's snake fist if deadly and I think she'll kill him. It doesn't matter who your realtives are. And I don't think he's beaten any of them either so Christie will kill him.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

FoxFingers gives it a grade of: A

Dark Spider-man gives it a grade of: A I am loving this arc!

patrickthekid gives it a grade of: A

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Christie: 7

Lee Chaolan: 6

FPA: 4.0