Zurg (Lightyear movie) vs. Goliath (Evolve)
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
Goliath (Evolve): 0

Psylocke vs. Danielle Moonstar
MATCH SCORE
Psylocke: 6
Danielle Moonstar: 2

Rumble 20570 Arkin vs. Komodo
MATCH SCORE
Arkin: 0
Komodo: 1

Rumble 20569 Minsu Kim vs. The Avengers
MATCH SCORE
Minsu Kim: 2
The Avengers: 4

Donatello (Mirage) vs. Chun-Li
MATCH SCORE
Donatello (Mirage): 9
Chun-Li: 3

Match 13873 Lisa Hamilton vs. Julia Chang

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XVI

9040_1_full.jpg

Following a ferocious flurry of kicks, Sean Matsuda fell to Eddy Gordo. (REF: SEAN MATSUDA VS. EDDY GORDO) Eddy was handed the Brazil Martial Arts Championship trophy by the judges and was immediately hugged by an ecstatic Christie Montiero.

"I knew you could do it!" she screamed.

"I must admit I'm pretty proud right now," said Eddy.

On the opposite side of the platform, Ken Masters bent down to help up Sean Matsuda.

"Tough loss, kid. I think you fought a good match. Today just wasn't your day," said Ken.

Sean appeared sullen.

"Hey listen, I need to head back to the States soon," informed Ken. "Apparently, Chun Li is collecting fighters to confront Bison before he can hatch his next evil plan or something along those lines. Why don't you tag along."

"I can not be distracted by stuff like that right now. I need to train, I need to improve," said Sean. "I will win that trophy one day, I swear it."

Ken shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Before leaving, Ken made a point to congratulate the winner.

"Congratulations. You represented yourself and capoeira well today," Ken remarked

"A compliment from Ken Masters?" said Eddy. "I'll take it."

"Do you know me?" asked Ken.

"You are the United States Martial Arts Champion, are you not?" observed Christie.

"I see my reputation precedes me," said Ken.

"Indeed it does. And I am thinking we should hold an exhibition match between the United States Martial Arts Champion and the newly crowned Brazilian Martial Arts Champion sometime in the near future. We could give the proceeds to charity," Eddy suggested.

"I like that idea," said Ken.

Elsewhere, Helena Douglas, Chun Li, Asuka Kazama, Lili Rochefort, Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, and El Fuerte arrived on Helena's large ship, Freedom Survivor.

"We should meet some of the fighters that Zack has already brought aboard," Helena said to Chun Li.

"Ok, I will need to give Guile our coordinates, and he just informed me that his wife says Ken Masters is now on his way as well. Still no word on Ryu." Chun Li turned her attention to the King of the Iron Fist fighters that were with him. "Any luck on narrowing down who Balrog was sent after?"

"It would help if we knew what Soul Edge was," said Paul.

"Well we know it's old, really old," said Asuka. "Perhaps we should look into Heihachi. I think he has been alive forever."

"There are some professional wrestlers in your tournament, no? I think I have seen them on the circuit before. Have we checked them out yet?" asked El Fuerte.

Lili scoffed. "I seriously doubt King knows the location of some ancient item that is being sought out by Kazuya Mishima and this Bison fellow." Lili's eyes widened. "Armor King, on the other hand, does have a strange mystic aura about him."

"We must be thorough and explore all possibilities, no matter how far fetched they seem," Helena declared. "El Fuerte, get with Wolf Hawkfield and the Armstrongs (REF: FENG WEI VS. GEN FU) and contact any wrestlers the four of you know that participate in one of the major worldwide martial arts tournaments."

El Fuerte made a saluting gesture. "Si, senorita."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

378049.jpg

R. Mika changed out of her wrestling outfit and into her normal clothes in a locker room in Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

"Hey Mika, there is a phone call for you," said one of the other female wrestlers.

"Thanks."

R. Mika swung her duffel bag around her shoulder and walked over to the phone.

"Hello....Oh El Fuerte, it's so good to hear from you. You should stop by and see a show sometime. Women's wrestling is really starting to take off. Tonight we did a big show in Atlanta. I think Zangief would be proud....Who are you looking for? Fighters from other tournaments? I don't believe there are any on tour with me right now, but some of the girls keep to themselves, so I don't know for sure. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you. Remember, you still owe me a dinner at your restaurant the next time we see eachother.....okay, I will talk to you later, bye!"

R. Mika gathered up the rest of her things and left Phillips Arena. Many of the other female wrestlers followed suit until only two remained in the locker room.

"Yes sir, it is definitely her," Lisa Hamilton, known to the wrestling world as La Mariposa, said into her

cell phone. "A scientist moonlighting as a luchadora? She has obviously heard about me and is trying to replicate my life or something. There is no other possible explanation."

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," said Victor Donovan. "But that is not important. What is important is that you take her down and bring her in. She has inside information about G Corporation that she learned while infiltrating them for Lee Chaolan. She could be very valuable to me if things go bad."

"Understood sir," replied Lisa. She hung up her phone and approached Julia Chang.

"That was a fine performance you had out there tonight, Jaycee," said Lisa.

"You too," replied Julia as she finished packing up her wrestling tights.

Lisa"s pleasant demeanor quickly faded. "I do have one question, Julia. What drives an archaeologist concerned about reforestation to compete as a luchadora? I must know."

Julia froze for a moment. "How do you know my name? I've never told anyone."

"I've got insider information," Lisa bragged. "I know all about you, Julia Chang!"

Julia Chang stood up. "What do you want?"

"Do you know who I am? Are you trying to be like me?" asked Lisa.

"I'm doing the wrestler thing because I made a promise, that is all," Julia explained. "I've never heard of you, La Mariposa, until I joined this tour."

"My name is Lisa Hamilton, and the scientist slash luchadora gig is mine. I don't care much for copycats."

"What is your problem?"

"At the moment it is you, nature girl. But, once I beat you down and take you to MIST headquarters, all will be right with the world."

Guest Magickal

Going with Lisa in a close one. That fact that she has some intel on Julia already will give her enough of an advantage to eek out a victory.

Guest bigballerju

Lovin this arc. I gotta go with Julia Chang. Lisa having intel will help but I think Julia could edge out the victory.

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

bigballerju gives it a grade of: B Love the arc. Great characters your using. Keep it up.

Confession FPT gives it a grade of: A

patrickthekid gives it a grade of: A

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

El Wookiee gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Lisa Hamilton: 3

Julia Chang: 21

FPA: 3.8