MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Match 14087 Gen vs. Wang Jinrei

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXIX

juri-sf4-portrait.jpg

Christie and Lee Chaolan crashed onto Lee's desk in his office at Violet Systems as they continued to battle each other. (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN) The strenuous nature of the fight weighed on them both, but Lee was the first one to slip. After a lazy attack from Lee, Christie quickly spun around him, pulled out a long thin nail and jammed it into Lee's spinal chord. Lee stiffened and then fell lifeless to the ground. Christie wiped the blood from her lips and smiled. She quickly dialed her employer.

"Status?" said Victor Donovan.

"Target eliminated," Christie replied.

"Excellent," said Donovan.

Christie beamed at her handy work as she looked down on Lee Chaolan. "Is there another target, sir?"

"Not for you my darling, at least not a specific one," answered Donovan. You've done a fine job, but I'm going to need you to meet up with Ryuji Yamazaki. At last check in, he was in Metro City. (REF: CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) I want the two of you to round up any King of the Iron Fist fighter not accounted for and force some information about Yoshimitsu out of them. By any means necessary. I grow weary of this game of hide and seek. I trust that if anyone can get me the information I need, it's you."

"It will be done," said Christie.

Victor Donovan disconnected his call with Christie. He then turned to an assistant named Maxwell nearby him in his current MIST headquarters located in an abandoned oil rig.

"Christie was successful as I knew she would be. This will give us the clout we need with Kazuya. Just to be sure, I want to clear off as much of his enemies list as possible. Contact the old Chinese assassin, tell him we do have a job opportunity for him," Donovan instructed.

"Gen, sir?" asked Maxwell.

Victor Donovan nodded.

"Which target shall we assign him, sir? He has stated that he is willing to take a contract on Heihachi Mishima for the right price," Maxwell informed.

"I don't think we should push our luck and go after Heihachi, not just yet anyway. From everything I've heard, that stubborn old fool refuses death as a reality," said Donovan. "However, there is another old man eluding death that we can send Gen after. Wang Jinrei, loyal friend to Kazuya's grandfather, Jinpachi Mishima. I do not believe Wang poses the same immediate threat that Heihachi or Jin does, or even as big a one as Lee Chaoloan was. But, I am sure Kazuya would be pleased to erase all links to his cursed family that seems forever destined to fight within themselves."

"I shall offer the contract to Gen right away," said Maxwell.

Suddenly, alarms rang out throughout the MIST headquarters and angry shouting filled the air.

A MIST mercenary ran up to Victor Donovan. "The base has been infiltrated, sir?!"

"Is it then Mugen Tenshin, again?" asked Donovan. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN)

"No, sir. She does not look like she is a part of that clan. She says she wants to talk to you," the mercenary replied.

"She?" Donovan repeated. "Who is she? Where is she?"

Before the mercenary could answer, a woman descended on top of him and broke his neck.

"She is here!" the woman said triumphantly. She looked up at Victor Donovan. "Sorry about the mess, Victor. These boys looked like they wanted to play rough, I guess it was all for show."

Another flank of heavily armed mercenaries filed into the room and surrounded the woman.

"Not a problem. Before I have you killed, was there something I can do for you Miss..."

"Juri Han," the woman replied. "And it's not what you can do for me, it's what I can do for you. Word on the grapevine is that you are paying top dollar for operatives for a campaign against M. Bison and Shadoloo. I am the one you want, I am the one you need."

"Is that right?" Donovan questioned.

"I also heard that you snatched one of Bison's Dolls from the hospital." (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE) A wicked grin appeared on Juri's face. "Who do you think put her there?"

"Ah, so you are simply just another woman scorned by Bison," Donovan guessed.

"Oh, I am so much more than that, Victor. Have your little desk jockey look it up," said Juri.

Victor nodded at Maxwell, who quickly hacked into a defense database and pulled up the file on Juri Han. He opened it up on the big screen. Juri's rap sheet was extensive. It belied her age. She was a red alert for a vast array of law enforcement agencies all over the world.

"Impressive," Donovan finally said. "I do believe we can work out a contract."

Victor Donovan waved his hand and the other mercenaries in the room lowered their weapons. He then looked over to Maxwell and pointed to the dead mercenary by their feet. "Before you contact Gen, have someone go around and clean up this mess caused by such a rude welcoming for our lovely guest."

Juri Han chuckled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hqdefault.jpg

Wang Jinrei sat silently in meditation in the center of a heavily guarded complex, next to an open flame. He gazed down on a picture of himself with Jinpachi Mishima.

"I have a feeling I will be seeing you soon old friend. Exactly how soon is yet to be determined," he whispered. He stared off into the shadows. "It is too quiet. Either my bodyguards have abandoned me or they are no longer among the living." Wang rose to his feet. "They were mostly for show any way, if I truly wanted to protect myself from anyone of the Mishima bloodline I would require a small nation's army." Wang pointed toward the darkness. "I can feel you here. You might as well reveal yourself and see if you can accomplish what you came here to do."

Gen slowly stepped into the light.

Wang Jinrei laughed. "Should I feel insulted? They think so little of me that they send a retired assassin to finish me off."

"Retired? Speak for yourself, old man," said Gen. "I will retire when my soul has left this world. I am the one who should feel insulted. I was paid to go after a decrepit geezer who is just as likely to be killed by the cold breeze of a winter's night."

Wang Jinrei smiled and then got into his fighting stance. "Well then, shall we begin?"