MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Video Games

Guest Magnus

Guest Soberguy
It's not a ripoff...it's an homage!

And playing VG's is a generally embarassing hobby but we do it anyway.

Video games are halfway respectable now, like the internet in general. It's all a matter of degrees. If you and your buddies kill each other on Call of Duty or play some Rock Band every now and then, this is perfectly acceptible. If you show up to a convention dressed like this:

megaman.jpg

... THEN it gets embarassing.

Guest Dark Ranger X
It's working on Diablo 3 that delayed Blizzard in releasing Starcraft 2.

Well, that and World of Warcraft.

Huh?

Diablo III's been delayed until 2011. How is it the cause of Starcraft 2's delay if it's been pushed back a year?

Also, it worries me that pretty much the entire of Bizzard North was given the ass prior to the Diablo III process beginning. Essentially, those primarily responsible for D2 have nothing to do with D3.

Oh, and also.

WHY OH WHY IS THERE NO LAN IN STARCRAFT 2 OR DIABLO III. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY ON BNET ALL THE TIME! I understand they're concerned about piracy etc, but not everyone has great internet where they are. Heck, there are still some places in Australia that can't even get ADSL yet, and are stuck on Dial Up.

Huh?

WHY OH WHY IS THERE NO LAN IN STARCRAFT 2 OR DIABLO III. NOT EVERYONE WANTS TO PLAY ON BNET ALL THE TIME! Australia can't even get ADSL yet.

Blizzard hates penal colony people!

Guest VG_Addict

OK, I remember there being a discussion of games that allow you to destroy stuff that were better than GTA in the "the absolute worst games?" thread, but I don't remember the entire list. Could someone who remembers what games were listed please post them? I remember one of them was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

OK, I remember there being a discussion of games that allow you to destroy stuff that were better than GTA in the "the absolute worst games?" thread, but I don't remember the entire list. Could someone who remembers what games were listed please post them? I remember one of them was Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

Heck yeah, I'll name them. I listed most of them cause I love them.

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

Twisted Metal 2

War of the Monsters

PowerStone

All of these are great useless violence sandbox games.

Guest Soberguy

I know I keep pimping City of Heroes, but Mayhem Missions are great for this. On the villain side, you can smash the hell out of cars, trucks, garbage bins, mailboxes, payphones, parking meters, etc. and doing so gives you bonus time, badges and exp. Very satisfying.

PowerStone

I would kill all of you to get a sequel to Power Stone on the PS3 with good online competition support. And you don't want to know what I'd do to get a new Darkstalkers, Tech Romancer, or Rival High Schools United By Fate game with online play.

Guest boston_celtics

Don't know if anyone caught it, but here are the winners of the VGA awards, and my reactions:

Best Multiplayer Game: COD: MW2 (This is the best shooter of '09, but L4D2 had better Multi)

Best Music Game: Beatles: Rock Band (Hahahahahahahaha!!! Guitar Hero can SUCK IT!)

Best Driving Game: Forza Motorsport 3 (No surprise)

Best RPG: Dragon Age: Origins (Why? Just... why?)

Best Fighting Game: Street Fighter 4 (No surprises there)

Best Team Sports Game: NHL 10 (Meh. Didn't play it. At least it wasn't Madden)

and game of the year was...

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (X-BOX fanboys probably had mass suicides at this announcement)

Guest boston_celtics
Mind elaborating what's the problem with it? it's gotten good reviews and it's made by Bioware, king if western RPGs, and I was planning on getting it soon.

Games released in Japanese, but not yet in English, should have an equal chance.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who subscribes to the dogma that FF games are better RPGs than... anything else :lol:

There's nothing wrong with Dragon's Age, and it is a good game. But I played FFXIII already (I have a friend who read me the text) and it is better.

Guest Dark Ranger X

So, with Mass Effect 2 on the horizon, I decided to make a thread for those of us who intend to get it. We can talk about what version of Shepard we're taking into ME2, what choices we made in ME that'll affect ME2, etc.

So, I'll start:

• Level 60 soldier, Male Shepard
  • Full paragon points
  • Saved the Rachni queen
  • Completed the "Asari Diplomacy" quest with the "Let me be a special buyer..." option
  • Treated Conrad Verner (the idiotic fan) with kindness, and told him there's a war at home, etc
  • Chose Kaidan over Ashley to survive at Virmire
  • Got Wrex to survive at Virmire
  • Completed the Cerberus side quest
  • Saved the Council
  • Put Captain Anderson on the council
  • No romance subplot (intend to romance Miranda with no "baggage")

Now, the choices you have to make that I've listed above (how I chose anyway) are apparently what affects ME2. So, fire away and let's all compare!

So, with Mass Effect 2 on the horizon, I decided to make a thread for those of us who intend to get it. We can talk about what version of Shepard we're taking into ME2, what choices we made in ME that'll affect ME2, etc.

So, I'll start:

• Level 60 soldier, Male Shepard
  • Full paragon points
  • Saved the Rachni queen
  • Completed the "Asari Diplomacy" quest with the "Let me be a special buyer..." option
  • Treated Conrad Verner (the idiotic fan) with kindness, and told him there's a war at home, etc
  • Chose Kaidan over Ashley to survive at Virmire
  • Saved the Council
  • Put Captain Anderson on the council

Now, the choices you have to make that I've listed above (how I chose anyway) are apparently what affects ME2. So, fire away and let's all compare!

I'm replaying like heck to get my male Jacob Shepard to level 60.

Being Paragon on replay

Saved the Rachni Queen

Completed the asari Dimplomancy quest and told her I didn't want her blood money

Also treated Conrad with kindness.

Chose Ashley over Kaiden

Got Wrex to survive Virmire

Completed Cerberus sidequest

Saved Council

Put Captain Anderson on council

I'm also romanced Ashley and am planning to stay faithful, despite Tali being a romance option.

Guest Dark Ranger X
I'm replaying like heck to get my male Jacob Shepard to level 60.

Being Paragon on replay

Saved the Rachni Queen

Completed the asari Dimplomancy quest and told her I didn't want her blood money

Also treated Conrad with kindness.

Chose Ashley over Kaiden

Got Wrex to survive Virmire

Completed Cerberus sidequest

Saved Council

Put Captain Anderson on council

I'm also romanced Ashley and am planning to stay faithful, despite Tali being a romance option.

Something I forgot to put in mine was the romance thing which I'll edit now. I chose no romance seeing as there's going to be another romance option as well - Miranda, the Cerberus chick.

Something I forgot to put in mine was the romance thing which I'll edit now. I chose no romance seeing as there's going to be another romance option as well - Miranda, the Cerberus chick.

I prefer Ashley. From what it seems, none of the love intrests have her fun sense of humor.

Here's mine so far, pushing for a level sixty.

• Level 58 soldier, Male Shepard
  • Full renegade points
  • Killed the Rachni queen
  • Treated Conrad Verner as an idiot.
  • Chose Ashley over Kaidan to survive at Virmire
  • Didn't save the Council
  • Put Captain Anderson on the council.
  • Ashley romance.