Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Video Games

Guest Magnus

Guest geomease

Got the Dante's Inferno and Bayonetta demos. My analysis on both.

Bayonetta: very polished and smooth action game. Like the origional DMC it's got some very fluid gameplay and the protagonist just oozes sex appeal and flair. Hell even exal and I were amazed at just walking around slowly with her sexy walk. And the over the top execution sequences were devlishly yummy. I will be getting this game at one point for a great many reasons, but probably after I beat Fallout3 GotY edition with at least 2 characters.

Dante's Inferno: epic poem, cyinical parody, God of War Clone, all of these are true. Does that make it bad? The first 2 not necessarily, the second well... I love the God of War games and their combat mechanics, well aside from the timed button sequences of course had quite enough of those thankyouverymuch. What I do like is the level of customization to your moveset is far far FAR more advanced than GoW. there are 2 skill sets you can level holy and unholy that give different skills and abilities and supposedly the game totes 60+ abilitires to choose from. It'd be nice if you were forced to coose which ones to pick rather than have the ability to take them all which would take away from the impact of making choices I think. So if you like GoW or epic peoms/parodies/whatever, then theres a good chance you'll enjoy this game. Also there was boobage and it looked a hell of a lot better than in GoW.

I want none of the games mentioned above, with the possible exception of Bayonetta. Even then, doubt I'll bother with it. Only game I'm looking forward to is Super Street Fighter 4, and that's just an expansion on a previous game.

im looking forward to Super Street Fighter 4 as well........

Guest KevinDWolf93
DC Universe Online better rock my world, otherwise the new City of Heroes expansion will have to do for 2010.

DCU online seems really intrersting, though I wish I could find some more info about the character creator.

Anyways Ill stat talking about upcoming releases later, but I wanna say something first:

:) Damn you lucasarts!!! Once again youve reeled me in with nothing but a teaser trailer...leaving me exited and clueless.Hope this ones good.

Guest ribbonz
I wanna play the Assassins creed 2 and the new Alien vs Predator game.

A.C 2 is awesome the new AVP will be SWEET!! DCU is only for PC and PS3 i only have an XBOX DAMN IT!! And the Marvel universe game for XBOX has been canceled!! SHOOT!!

DC Universe Online better rock my world, otherwise the new City of Heroes expansion will have to do for 2010.

I'm not getting my hopes up. DC has a tendency to be two to five years behind the times, or to just come up with complete crap. Then again Arkham Asylum was actually awesome.

My expectation is that, just like Justice League Heroes was a DC-themed clone of X Men Legends (in spite of coming out after X Men Legends II and Marvel Ultimate Alliance,) DCUOnline will more than likely be a CoH clone, post CoV.

Guest KevinDWolf93
I'm actually looking forward to that as well and could seriously be Game of The Year.

Thirded, if its anything like KOTOR in terms of enjoyment thisll be helluva fun. Ive only got one issue to resolve on the matter now:

Smuggler or Jedi Knight?...Bounty hunter looks good too. Damn, This is gonna take forever for me to choose a starting class. Then theres species to decide from....

Guest Houdinimachine
I want none of the games mentioned above, with the possible exception of Bayonetta. Even then, doubt I'll bother with it. Only game I'm looking forward to is Super Street Fighter 4, and that's just an expansion on a previous game.

Seriously? Mass Effect has a pretty well written storyline.

Guest KevinDWolf93
Human Male Smuggler = Han Solo = Reason the Original trilogy was better than the Prequels.

True.But how many people waiting to play are thinking that very thing?

A.C 2 is awesome the new AVP will be SWEET!! DCU is only for PC and PS3 i only have an XBOX DAMN IT!! And the Marvel universe game for XBOX has been canceled!! SHOOT!!

Really!!!!!!! Marvel universe has ben canceled ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Here is a link to the Predators reveal trailer to AVP the gam3. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8RM1udgiY

So a friend of mine is running an RPG right now set in the Fallout universe, and I decided to redshirt in his campaign tonight for fun. One of the party regulars is a programmer for Blizzard and is currently working on Diablo III. I asked him about the game and he told me "well today we found a bug where if you try to save and quit, that doesn't happen, and the whole system crashes instead."

So, Diablo III is still apparently a work in progress.

Guest ThePoet

Well, why sell a game for forty dollars and support free online play when you can sell a game for forty dollars and make fifteen dollars a month thereafter? Seriously though, it won't save and quit? That's gotta be on a Top Ten list of things for game functionality.

-ThePoet

Guest ParaBoss

The upcoming Mega Man 10 has a boss character named "Sheep Man" in it. Funny thing is that from reading the descriptions, "Sheep Man" seems to be the requisite "electric-type" robot master this time around. Traditionally, these type of bosses have been the hardest to beat in Mega Man games. So yeah, get prepared to get the smackdown from a boss character named "Sheep Man".

Guest Soberguy
So yeah, get prepared to get the smackdown from a boss character named "Sheep Man".

That would make playing a video game starring a blue Astro Boy ripoff with a cannon arm totally embarassing! -_-

On a totally separate note - Allods Online. It looks good and is free, but I just have this feeling that if I play it I will somehow be funding the Russian Mob. It's not that I have a problem with that per se, but I just don't want them to hack my WoW account and sell it to Chinese gold farmers.

Also - I'm still playing City of Heroes. I can't believe every nerd on this site isn't as well.

Guest ParaBoss
That would make playing a video game starring a blue Astro Boy ripoff with a cannon arm totally embarassing! -_-

It's not a ripoff...it's an homage!

And playing VG's is a generally embarassing hobby but we do it anyway.