Magik (Illyana Rasputin): 2

Rumble 20550 Bazooka vs. Steve (Minecraft) vs. Jackson Storm
MATCH SCORE
Bazooka: 0
Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Video Games

Guest Magnus

I'm looking forward to the next installment in the DBZ-themed game franchise. I feel there is a lot of ground the previous games haven't covered, and I'm looking forward to the new and innovative combo systems.

I'm looking forward to the next installment in the DBZ-themed game franchise. I feel there is a lot of ground the previous games haven't covered, and I'm looking forward to the new and innovative combo systems.

Such as, Blowing shit up with energy blasts. Or Blowing more shit up with energy blasts. Or for a change of pace, charging up your attack for thirty minutes.

Guest boston_celtics

FIGHTING games in general, are like that. Characters, combos, and graphics, that's all you get.

Now, Starcraft 2, there's a game I want.

I have many reasons why I like Vice City better then San Andreas and why I mostly dislike the SA. While I might have overreacted to a few things here on CBUB, I should just clear up my opinion.

1. I don't care for the street gang or "gangsta" setting of San Andreas. I found the 80s Mafia themed plot of Vice City to be much more interesting. Mafia>>>>>>Street Gangs

2. There was too much empty space on the San Andreas map.

3. A lot of the missions annoyed the hell out of me in San Andreas. While there were a few missions in Vice City that annoyed me, there were a lot more missions I hated in San Andreas.

4. San Andreas focused too much on BS and not enough on action.

5. San Andreas is a lot buggier then Vice City.

6. Vice City has more of a nostalgia factor.

7. In my opinion, CJ is a wuss. He took way too much crap from several people. Mostly Officer Tenpenny (the corrupt cop in the game). Tommy on the other hand is a bad ass.

8. The radio stations in San Andreas mostly SUCKED. I personally HATE rap and found that Vice City's radio stations were much better.

9. I like the cars in Viced City better.

10. Vice City itself is a far more interesting location then any of the 3 cities in San Andreas.

The real shame is how the CBUB has disintegrated to the point where things like this are what we talk about.

The Rant Board:Totally Off Topic. Go to CBUB General Discussion or CBUB Rumbles or the actual CBUB Battles if you want what this site is about. Whiny fanboys and one sentence set ups.

Guest Dark Ranger X
YES! Anyone else extremely looking towards Mass Effect 2? You can have your Bioshock 2 or your Red Dead: Redemption. I'll settle for Mass Effect 2.

I'm actually running through Mass Effect for a 2nd time now to get as close to 60 as I can prior to ME2 coming out (I'm 55 now). I mean, the closer you are to 60 the more bonuses you start ME2 with, so it makes sense.

Guest silversurfer092
I'm actually running through Mass Effect for a 2nd time now to get as close to 60 as I can prior to ME2 coming out (I'm 55 now). I mean, the closer you are to 60 the more bonuses you start ME2 with, so it makes sense.

I BEAT MASS EFFECT 3 TIMES AND HAD A LEVEL 58 GUY!!! THEN MY PROFILE GOT CORRUPTED AND I HAD TO DELETE IT AND I CAN'T STAND TO REBEAT IT 3 MORE TIMES!!!! I'M SO PISSED!!!!!

But I might have to do it all over again because I'm super frickin pumped for ME2.

Guest The Seeker of Stuff

As a Dbz fan, I agree with the sarcasm of this post. They should have stopped wth Budokai 3.

Guest Dark Ranger X
I BEAT MASS EFFECT 3 TIMES AND HAD A LEVEL 58 GUY!!! THEN MY PROFILE GOT CORRUPTED AND I HAD TO DELETE IT AND I CAN'T STAND TO REBEAT IT 3 MORE TIMES!!!! I'M SO PISSED!!!!!

But I might have to do it all over again because I'm super frickin pumped for ME2.

It won't take long. It's easier if you do EVERYTHING in your first playthrough, and then just do speed runs on the main plot. The only subquests I'd do each play through is Bring Down the Sky (DLC), so you get a piece of awesome equipment each run, and it's a bit more bonus xp. I don't think any of the subquest choices matter in terms of affecting ME2.

Also, you actually get to choose which playthrough data you import into ME2 to alter it. So make sure your final playthrough on ME is the one that you want to affect ME2, because Bioware have said that ME2 will only let you choose between the last 11(!) playthroughs on ME.

There's a few choices that alter ME2 depending on what do did in ME. Such as: *SPOILERS*

• Whether you let the council live or die
  • Whether you put Anderson or Udina on the council
  • Whether you let the Rachni Queen live or die
  • Whether you managed to negotiate with Wrex, or had to kill him (or a crew member killed him)
  • Whether you let Ashley or Kaidan die on Virmire (remember, you had to let one die)
  • Who your romance subplot was (keep in mind you can get new romance in ME2, so my final save going into ME2 won't have any romance)
  • How you treated the fan (can't remember his name) back at Citadel; the one that wanted your autograph, photo, and then endorsement to become a spectre

There's probably some more, but these are the main ones.

So fkn pumped for this game.

It won't take long. It's easier if you do EVERYTHING in your first playthrough, and then just do speed runs on the main plot. The only subquests I'd do each play through is Bring Down the Sky (DLC), so you get a piece of awesome equipment each run, and it's a bit more bonus xp. I don't think any of the subquest choices matter in terms of affecting ME2.

Also, you actually get to choose which playthrough data you import into ME2 to alter it. So make sure your final playthrough on ME is the one that you want to affect ME2, because Bioware have said that ME2 will only let you choose between the last 11(!) playthroughs on ME.

There's a few choices that alter ME2 depending on what do did in ME. Such as: *SPOILERS*

• Whether you managed to negotiate with Wrex, or had to kill him (or a crew member killed him)
  • Whether you let Ashley or Kaidan die on Virmire (remember, you had to let one die)
  • Who your romance subplot was (keep in mind you can get new romance in ME2, so my final save going into ME2 won't have any romance)
  • How you treated the fan (can't remember his name) back at Citadel; the one that wanted your autograph, photo, and then endorsement to become a spectre

I think going into it with your romance gives it more drama and makes it more interesting. I will stay faithful though. Ashley's hot and I think her character provides a nice contrast to my Paragon char.

Guest Dark Ranger X
I think going into it with your romance gives it more drama and makes it more interesting. I will stay faithful though. Ashley's hot and I think her character provides a nice contrast to my Paragon char.

Even if you chose to kill her off over Kaidan, you still get another "Ashley" in ME2. I think it's a female soldier working for Cerebus, or something.

That's why I'm choosing to go into ME2 romance free. I want to explore other possibilities. They're actually going all out on this one; apparently the final mission causes the death of Shepard UNLESS you make some very specific choices, upgrade the Normandy (yeah, you can upgrade it now) fully, etc.

I didn't bother marking that as spoilers because Bioware have released all that info anyway.

Even if you chose to kill her off over Kaidan, you still get another "Ashley" in ME2. I think it's a female soldier working for Cerebus, or something.

That's why I'm choosing to go into ME2 romance free. I want to explore other possibilities. They're actually going all out on this one; apparently the final mission causes the death of Shepard UNLESS you make some very specific choices, upgrade the Normandy (yeah, you can upgrade it now) fully, etc.

I didn't bother marking that as spoilers because Bioware have released all that info anyway.

Plus I knew about it anyway. I'm going to make sure that my Shepard is going to live.

Guest silversurfer092

Thank you. I now have a new reason to live.

Guest Shockwave

Dante's Inferno is becoming a game. This is going to cause a lot of problems, more than likely an attempt at a boycott by some stupid right wing nutjob with Catholic upbringings to start some random act because it's offensive.

Me? I might for the first time in my life actually go to the midnight release and play it for 5 hours straight. The Inferno is an interesting tale that I want to read.

Guest boston_celtics

What people don't usually realize is that the Divine Comedy was a satire of the corruption in the Church and the problems of the Middle-Ages, in comparison to the Ancient Period.

Guest Shockwave
What people don't usually realize is that the Divine Comedy was a satire of the corruption in the Church and the problems of the Middle-Ages, in comparison to the Ancient Period.

They also don't realize that it's also a love letter to a woman that Dante loved but never dared to advance on.

Epic originally means long poem. Therefore the Divine Comedy is an epic.

I want none of the games mentioned above, with the possible exception of Bayonetta. Even then, doubt I'll bother with it. Only game I'm looking forward to is Super Street Fighter 4, and that's just an expansion on a previous game.

Guest ParaBoss

Have you played the free demo of Bayonetta? Fighting system is insanely over-the-top but also seems deep enough. Too bad if you're a PS3 owner though - I hear the 360 version is way better.

And I'd probably play SF4 if I knew how to use charge-move characters.

Guest ParaBoss

I'm playing Valkyria Chronicles now; first game I've played that has RTS elements in it. It's very surprising that Sega can make a great game like this and produce crap for their mascot Sonic.

I must say that if you're one of those who like to powerlevel in their games, it's very easy to do so in this one and to be honest it breaks the game a little bit.