MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Video Games

Guest Magnus

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:40 PM, comic_book_fan said:

so anyone play the new x-box all i ever see is ps 5  talk and iam planning to get one of the new systems  with my tax refund.

Plan on getting PS5, if I can only find one...

Part of me wants one of the New systems but I hardly play any games anymore. There are so many games coming out that I'll want to play on one of the new systems but I don't know. I don't want to get something and hardly use it.

6 minutes ago, Boratz said:

Part of me wants one of the New systems but I hardly play any games anymore. There are so many games coming out that I'll want to play on one of the new systems but I don't know. I don't want to get something and hardly use it.

then get the cheap x-box iam in the same boat i am only a casual gamer now  so 300 is way more reasonable than 500 and i can still play the new games if i see something that looks good  iam going to get the cheaper x-box and a 4 k tv to go with it for less than one ps 5 

13 minutes ago, comic_book_fan said:

then get the cheap x-box iam in the same boat i am only a casual gamer now  so 300 is way more reasonable than 500 and i can still play the new games if i see something that looks good  iam going to get the cheaper x-box and a 4 k tv to go with it for less than one ps 5 

11 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Dropped xbox after the 360. IDC how cheap they are, I'll still get a PlayStation lol. But I'm a little biased.

Had a 360 once myself and it got one of those red rings of deaths. I didn't know what to do and get rid of it. I've stuck with Playstation since. But I guess if it was just casual gaming then maybe a cheap system would be better

I dont know, may just wait 5 years and everything will be cheaper at that point.

11 minutes ago, Boratz said:

Had a 360 once myself and it got one of those red rings of deaths. I didn't know what to do and get rid of it. I've stuck with Playstation since. But I guess if it was just casual gaming then maybe a cheap system would be better

I dont know, may just wait 5 years and everything will be cheaper at that point.

dude it sucks that you got a bad one  but you missed out on the 360 it was way better than the ps3.

i mean ps2 was way better than the original xbox

ps 4 and x-box one was close i stuck with x-box but there were times i regretted it 

but x-box 360  was better than the ps 3  by almost as much as the ps2 beat the original x-box  

• 1 month later...

A bit late to this discussion but I actually enjoy Xbox, if only for Game Pass. I feel really out of the loop with what's the public opinion on game pass but as someone who has a small game collection, game pass has really let me play games that I would never have bought otherwise. And since they added the EA Access, I can even play Madden and FIFA without that awful need to buy a new game every year. 

With all that being said, I am definitely thinking about getting a gaming PC, but trying to find a graphics card feels like trying to find one of Willy Wonka's golden tickets. 

• 2 months later...

Been replaying Mass Effect because of the Legendary Edition. Mass Effect 1 is more rough than I remember, but I do like the story a good bit and the Legendary Edition had a lot of Quality of Life changes that made it much more enjoyable. The Mako in particular was much more tolerable. 

Currently making my way through ME 2 and I forgot how much I love this game. I mean, I've always known it was a great game, but playing it on Insanity really drives home much intense the combat can be

• Like 1

God yeeeees the Mako is so much better in this version. Currently working through ME2 also and man have I missed this trilogy and the characters along for the ride...for the most part. Jacob’s still as bland as dirt

9 minutes ago, C.T. said:

God yeeeees the Mako is so much better in this version. Currently working through ME2 also and man have I missed this trilogy and the characters along for the ride...for the most part. Jacob’s still as bland as dirt

Everyone always says Jacob is bland, and I don't disagree, but I found most of the human companions pretty boring. Kasumi's alright, Zaeed would be cooler if you could actually interact with him, Jack is cool, but most of the rest of them are relatively bland in my eyes. Kaiden is more interesting than Ash, but both of them are pretty one-dimensional to me. Ash is just alien racist, Miranda's pretty uninteresting, and James Vega is so forgettable I literally forgot to include him until I looked up the rest of the squad mates to see if I forgot any

45 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Everyone always says Jacob is bland, and I don't disagree, but I found most of the human companions pretty boring. Kasumi's alright, Zaeed would be cooler if you could actually interact with him, Jack is cool, but most of the rest of them are relatively bland in my eyes. Kaiden is more interesting than Ash, but both of them are pretty one-dimensional to me. Ash is just alien racist, Miranda's pretty uninteresting, and James Vega is so forgettable I literally forgot to include him until I looked up the rest of the squad mates to see if I forgot any

Dunno if I should spoiler warning for a trilogy this old but just in case, fair warning, some spoilers to be had so don’t read on if you don’t want that, other people potentially playing for first time!

On my part I always found Kasumi to be a lot of fun, but yeah her and Zaeed both could have benefited from more interactions. Still, her being a lot of fun and him being badass helps a lot. As for Jack and Miranda, I love both of them, with their tough and icy demeanors cracking to reveal their vulnerabilities and both of them having so much growth. Where Jack ends up in 3 always warms my heart and Miranda turning on Cerberus and recognizing her true worth gets me to cheer every time. Never found them uninteresting.

Kaidan I’ve always had a soft spot for, in part due to shared voice from Carth but also even at his worst I found him interesting. That and in 3 he gets a lot cooler and more fun to be around so that helps. Ash though, yeah she always died off in my playthroughs. Pretty bleh there. 

James is at least entertaining and funny at times, but becoming a part of the crew in the last game alongside many of the returning old friends did him no favors. Still, Jacob and maybe Ash are the only ones for me that really hit that super bland and uninteresting threshold, personally.

13 hours ago, C.T. said:

Dunno if I should spoiler warning for a trilogy this old but just in case, fair warning, some spoilers to be had so don’t read on if you don’t want that, other people potentially playing for first time!

On my part I always found Kasumi to be a lot of fun, but yeah her and Zaeed both could have benefited from more interactions. Still, her being a lot of fun and him being badass helps a lot. As for Jack and Miranda, I love both of them, with their tough and icy demeanors cracking to reveal their vulnerabilities and both of them having so much growth. Where Jack ends up in 3 always warms my heart and Miranda turning on Cerberus and recognizing her true worth gets me to cheer every time. Never found them uninteresting.

Kaidan I’ve always had a soft spot for, in part due to shared voice from Carth but also even at his worst I found him interesting. That and in 3 he gets a lot cooler and more fun to be around so that helps. Ash though, yeah she always died off in my playthroughs. Pretty bleh there. 

James is at least entertaining and funny at times, but becoming a part of the crew in the last game alongside many of the returning old friends did him no favors. Still, Jacob and maybe Ash are the only ones for me that really hit that super bland and uninteresting threshold, personally.

Fair enough. I guess Miranda might not be as bad as I remember now that I'm getting more into the game, and while I don't find Kaiden very interesting, he's leagues better than Ash. To me, Ash is just the one who dies on Virmire every playthrough and nothing else really. I think something against the humans is that none of them get good development in ME 2 other than Jack and Miranda, and 2 is the most character-driven one by far in my eyes, so that definitely hurts the likes of Kaiden, Ash, and James. Ironically, even though he's the most bland person, I still find Jacob's loyalty mission one of the more solid little vignettes, it just doesn't reflect on Jacob at all

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Street Fighter 6 looks straight-up to be the most complete and content-loaded fighting game I've ever seen. I mean, I always liked character creation in games, and the World Tour on its own is probably enough to bring in extra fans. 

Someone even created the X-Men films' Nightcrawler

Even in regular gameplay, moments like this are also hilarious😄

3 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Street Fighter 6 looks straight-up to be the most complete and content-loaded fighting game I've ever seen. I mean, I always liked character creation in games, and the World Tour on its own is probably enough to bring in extra fans. 

Someone even created the X-Men films' Nightcrawler

Even in regular gameplay, moments like this are also hilarious😄

I'm not a fan of the hip hop vibe. Just not something that sceams Street Fighter to me. 

Now futuristic Cyborg Ryu fighting a T-Rex... That makes perfect sense.

ExoSF62-1024x576.jpg

53 minutes ago, IKA said:

I'm not a fan of the hip hop vibe. Just not something that sceams Street Fighter to me.

I REALLY hate what they did with Street Fighter 6 and just made it a Gen-Z Tumblr Tiktok, Instagram Twitter nightmare. Fuck SF6. And I'm a Street Fighter fan... Been a fan since I got SFII for the SNES since '94!

The nude mods make SF6 much better.