Michelangelo (Mirage): 7
Ken Masters: 4

Guardian (Marvel Comics) vs. Captain Britain
MATCH SCORE
Guardian (Marvel Comics): 0
Captain Britain: 4

MagneticFerret.com

IKA

Hello everyone, I wanted to update all of you about the goings on.

CBUB and the Forums - will be switching to MagneticFerret.com in the coming days. MOST of how the site is experienced now will remain the same with only some minimal changes. The Logo will be changed, some rules will be switch up and the website WILL contain targeted ads. Updates to the site will come slow at first while I attempt to learn the code, It has been some time since I fully delved into code and I don't want to make any mistakes that will be a hinderance, so changes will only be made when they are done so with confidence. Everything should be ported over so there should be nothing to worry about things missing. 

I would like to extend an extra bit of gratitude to Fox as he is allowing the site to live on even though he is retiring from the website, he could have simply closed up shop and taken the site with him. It would have been way easier for him to do that. He is not charging for me to take the site off his hands either so this is only possible due him being completely selfless. 

All that being said, I will do my best to keep or corner of the net as close as possible to the way we know and love it to be. Please feel free to ask questions below and I will answer them as I know the answer myself!

Thanks,
IKA

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IKA said:

Hello everyone, I wanted to update all of you about the goings on.

CBUB and the Forums - will be switching to MagneticFerret.com in the coming days. MOST of how the site is experienced now will remain the same with only some minimal changes. The Logo will be changed, some rules will be switch up and the website WILL contain targeted ads. Updates to the site will come slow at first while I attempt to learn the code, It has been some time since I fully delved into code and I don't want to make any mistakes that will be a hinderance, so changes will only be made when they are done so with confidence. Everything should be ported over so there should be nothing to worry about things missing. 

I would like to extend an extra bit of gratitude to Fox as he is allowing the site to live on even though he is retiring from the website, he could have simply closed up shop and taken the site with him. It would have been way easier for him to do that. He is not charging for me to take the site off his hands either so this is only possible due him being completely selfless. 

All that being said, I will do my best to keep or corner of the net as close as possible to the way we know and love it to be. Please feel free to ask questions below and I will answer them as I know the answer myself!

Thanks,
IKA

Good stuff!  All the best to @Fox in his retirement and the same for @IKA for taking up the reins.  As far as my Twitter thing goes, do you want me to give the site a week to adjust to the changes before I start posting links to matches?  I could just set the bare bones of the page until we're sure everything's set.  

3 hours ago, broadwaybeyonder said:

Good stuff!  All the best to @Fox in his retirement and the same for @IKA for taking up the reins.  As far as my Twitter thing goes, do you want me to give the site a week to adjust to the changes before I start posting links to matches?  I could just set the bare bones of the page until we're sure everything's set.  

I would give it a little while, I don't want to bring a bunch in during the transitional period. It would be a bit confusing. We would stand more to lose than gain in that way. 

Either way, until the domain fully switches, this is still very much Fox's yard. Until then, carry on as you would normally. 

• Like 1

So will electricferret link up to magneticfox or have a message and a link for it or something or do people just have to know to go to magneticfox. 

Plus that free forums magnetic fox is still out there so there may be some confusion in searches.

35 minutes ago, leroypowell3 said:

So will electricferret link up to magneticfox or have a message and a link for it or something or do people just have to know to go to magneticfox. 

Plus that free forums magnetic fox is still out there so there may be some confusion in searches.

That would be completely up to @Fox and @Peypeypeypey

17 hours ago, IKA said:

That would be completely up to @Fox and @Peypeypeypey

electricferret will redirect requests for CBUB and FPL related stuff, like the forum, to the new domain.

It will just be a hard 301 redirect for users, and they probably won't even notice.

In time, the search engines will catch up with their links.

• Like 1

And so it begins ... 

giphy.gif

I'll be back to check on things in a bit.

On 4/14/2022 at 9:08 PM, leroypowell3 said:

Nah, MagneticFox was always its own thing, even if it was started in tribute to EF and as a place for the EF community to migrate to and continue the Ferret way.

To @Fox and @IKA

So, I was trying to add a new character to the site. But I’m getting an error that says the image I’m using is not in the Gallery.

40 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

To @Fox and @IKA

So, I was trying to add a new character to the site. But I’m getting an error that says the image I’m using is not in the Gallery.

Issue is resolved.  I submitted a new character and reviewed / accepted it.

• Thanks 2

Well, judging from the site's tab, it looks like we may have a new official logo. :) 

Any chance that a larger version of it could be uploaded to the gallery so we can get a better preview of it, @IKA?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Well, judging from the site's tab, it looks like we may have a new official logo. :) 

Any chance that a larger version of it could be uploaded to the gallery so we can get a better preview of it, @IKA?

Added. Hope you guys like it! :)

• Like 1

Is anyone getting these Warnings about using the Search in the CBUB Homepage and Database?

It's due to a theme update on the forum side. The theme isn't quite up to date so it'll ping a weird error some times until the theme maker updates it. Nothing I can do.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Chrome and Firefox seem to be having some redirecting issues with the site, if the issue occurs, Using Microsoft Edge should work. (Not sure about Safari - I have no way to test that)

Weird work around, not sure why it works. If you go into incognito mode on your browser it'll let you get to the control panel and do everything from there. It'll still try to say there is a security issue, just click send anyway. 

Weird stuff will pop up while work is being done on the backend of the site.

In some good new, the Youtube, Twitter, and Facebook accounts now show up on the right side of the page. No way to add the Patreon or Twitch yet, but I'll think of something.