X-23: 5

Zeorymer vs. Crimson Typhoon
MATCH SCORE
Zeorymer: 2
Crimson Typhoon: 4

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 9

Fox

On 4/26/2021 at 12:12 AM, DSkillz said:

Wow, unless I missed something in the past few days, the 9th Draft's opening was kind of ... sudden. Must've caught almost everyone else off-guard, too, 'cuz (I think) I was able to make some very good draft picks this time out. 

I'm still fairly surprised on who hasn't been drafted yet, such as Link and a lot of video game villains.

Admittedly me too. I expected it next month but hopefully my choices suffice. Though I like the theme of a free for all. This time, I've got no complaints. 

45 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

...Are the Smash interpretations of Street Fighter and KOF characters allowed for the platformer slot?

I'm not familiar with that, sorry. 

Prefer characters that originate in a platforming game, and if I'm not familiar with them I'll go look them up and see if they are in a platforming game.

8 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

When will this close approximately?

Oh, I dunno.  I'm still working on creating the battle terrain images.  No earlier than Sunday, anyways.

Just now, Fox said:

Oh, I dunno.  I'm still working on creating the battle terrain images.  No earlier than Sunday, anyways.

No problem, I was just wondering cause I feel like there's already more people participating in this draft then there were in the previous ones I participated in. Seems cool, that's all.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

@Pizzaguy2995 could you please re-select your Cannon Fodder?  The Chitauri seem a bit too powerful in this field.

I don't mean to be "that guy," but if the Chitauri are too strong, I feel like the various Star Wars characters should be, too. They're fodder for Jedi and heavily armed and armored people like Boba and the Mandalorian, but they're probably about the same level as the base Chitauri

2 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I don't mean to be "that guy," but if the Chitauri are too strong, I feel like the various Star Wars characters should be, too. They're fodder for Jedi and heavily armed and armored people like Boba and the Mandalorian, but they're probably about the same level as the base Chitauri

I don't see it that way.

Stormtroopers could be beaten by Ewoks.

Chitauri are beaten by the Avengers.

The NYPD stood no chance against the Chitauri.  I'd give the NYPD even odds against Stormtroopers.

2 hours ago, Fox said:

The terrains should be appropriately interesting, then. Some of the "higher-ups" in this Draft are effectively immortal, so they probably wouldn't be able to simply slug it out.

50 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

The terrains should be appropriately interesting, then. Some of the "higher-ups" in this Draft are effectively immortal, so they probably wouldn't be able to simply slug it out.

At the level of power most of those characters exist at, I don't know that terrain is even a factor.

I'm considering just using the City Locations battle terrains from the Kaiju matches.

3 hours ago, Fox said:

Totes going to be Saturday. 3pm. No warnings. 20 matches all at once. Chaos.

9 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You could throw a few curveballs where "power" isn't a factor, but something else is.

That turns it into a 'Challenge'.  In a Challenge, the winner is typically the character that has the advantage in the Challenge. 

People prefer to determine superpowered fights by examining powers and abilities, I find.

22 minutes ago, Fox said:

Hmmm.... still no team entry from Season 8 Champion @Bergy_Berg

Resting on his laurels, perhaps?

I have accomplished so much, and feel that my participation only takes away from the competitive nature of the season draft. After all, what's the point if everyone just knows I'm going to win?

I've decided to retire and play professional baseball instead.

Michael Jordan, the real story of his baseball career | MLB.com

48 minutes ago, Fox said:

Hmmm.... still no team entry from Season 8 Champion @Bergy_Berg

Resting on his laurels, perhaps?

None for last season's champ @Peypeypeypey, either. 

8 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I have accomplished so much, and feel that my participation only takes away from the competitive nature of the season draft. After all, what's the point if everyone just knows I'm going to win?

Yes, I suppose your Season 8 victory was somewhat impressive... but what have you done for me lately?

By the time season 10 rolls around it's going to be like "Bergy who?".  Hopefully your thirst for victory will have returned by then.✌️

10 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

I mean you could just make a team to help the UMPIRE create matches.