Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 6

Fox

8 minutes ago, SSJRuss said:

Thanks for that. I might run a character by you.

That said, I knew it sounded like I was joking with Shrek but he was in a Christmas movie/special. Does that count if they have a Christmas special?

There are a great number of all manner of characters that have had holiday specials.  The list is almost endless in that regard.

I'm only going to accept characters that are very specifically winter holidays characters.  The kind of characters that aren't in focus except for this time of year.

Will Ferrell movie Elf, for example, is a movie I would probably never watch except around this time of year.

Other examples - The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Grinch, Scrooged... etc.

No, Shreck is not a relevant pick nor is Charlie Brown nor any other character that has a life outside of the winter holidays.

Does this help?

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

There are a great number of all manner of characters that have had holiday specials.  The list is almost endless in that regard.

I'm only going to accept characters that are very specifically winter holidays characters.  The kind of characters that aren't in focus except for this time of year.

Will Ferrell movie Elf, for example, is a movie I would probably never watch except around this time of year.

Other examples - The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Grinch, Scrooged... etc.

No, Shreck is not a relevant pick nor is Charlie Brown nor any other character that has a life outside of the winter holidays.

Does this help?

This is perfect, thank you. I figured as much because you're right there are a lot of Christmas specials out there. You could reasonably use a lot of characters if that were the case.

6 hours ago, Fox said:

SLOT 2: The Team's Disney Fairy Tale Villain

A villain from one of Disney's many animated Fairy Tale feature films.

Base Line Examples:
- Captain Hook
- Jafar
- Cruella De Vil

Would we be restricted then to this list?

Or is the list wider than that? Because there's Pixar, which is owned by Disney, but I don't know if those movies really count as fairy tales.

3 hours ago, Movie-Brat said:

Also Iron Man 3. 

Never seen it.

27 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Would we be restricted then to this list?

Or is the list wider than that? Because there's Pixar, which is owned by Disney, but I don't know if those movies really count as fairy tales.

Yeah, good find.  I think that about covers it.

There are a lot of minor characters and / or "redeemed" characters listed that aren't relevant.  Typically the main villain is what the slot is looking for.

1 hour ago, Venom 2009 said:

Never seen it.

In some people's eyes, you're probably better off for it.

Although, some others would probably advise staying away from Iron Man 2 as well, but that is another story.

Personally, IM 2, was more or less somewhat mediocre to me, definitely not terrible considering some of the other lackluster superhero movies that came out before the big MCU craze.

4 minutes ago, Z451 said:

In some people's eyes, you're probably better off for it.

Although, some others would probably advise staying away from Iron Man 2 as well, but that is another story.

Personally, IM 2, was more or less somewhat mediocre to me, definitely not terrible considering some of the other lackluster superhero movies that came out before the big MCU craze.

I’ll take your word.

1 hour ago, JohnnyChany said:

Are we keeping certain slots as only live action? Professional Cop for instance, would a character like Harvey Bullock from BTAS be eligible?  Likewise with precocious child, would a character like Lisa Simpson work? 

Both those seem fine.  Live action is not a requirement.

Movie or television is a requirement in the one slot, but BTAS is a television program.

6 hours ago, Fox said:

Thank you, Rankin/Bass! :D 

I wish the seasons lasted a little bit longer to be honest. I feel like I just picked my team, and I really liked them, and now I have to repick with a whole new set of categories. I think the team vs. team fights are really fun and wish we had some kind of play-offs where the top teams would go head to head instead of just the top two at some undecided week somewhere down the line. If we had another week in this draft for example, there was no guarantee that either of those two teams would have been in the top, so it feels a bit anti-climactic to end it now in my eyes. I'm grateful for all the work that goes into this and for making the site, these are just some thoughts I've had for a while now.

3 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I wish the seasons lasted a little bit longer to be honest. I feel like I just picked my team, and I really liked them, and now I have to repick with a whole new set of categories. I think the team vs. team fights are really fun and wish we had some kind of play-offs where the top teams would go head to head instead of just the top two at some undecided week somewhere down the line. If we had another week in this draft for example, there was no guarantee that either of those two teams would have been in the top, so it feels a bit anti-climactic to end it now in my eyes. I'm grateful for all the work that goes into this and for making the site, these are just some thoughts I've had for a while now.

These are very sold concerns.  Let's talk about it.

I get where you are coming from that it seems it moves too fast.  I think it does too!

I mean, imagine what it's like to be me!  Now I have to pull, like, 70 new challenges out of my ass and also have all the Challenge images ready in a week.  Wow, right?  Seriously, fuck that.  I'm ready to give up too!  But, you know, I love you guys and I'm a giver.

But enough about me, let's talk about how the Fantasy Teams system works.

In this Season 5, there were 8 rounds (which is pretty standard) where each round had 22 matches.  That means we looked at 176 matches this season!  Wow!

In that regular season, there were no matches where a contender had the same opponent twice.

Statistically, if you go much beyond eight rounds you probably are going to have to allow repeat matches.  Because people can Bench, you really only have a pool of five available per team and you don't know which ones are available to play. I really don't want to have repeat battles.

The season could be longer by letting the matches run for 5 days instead of 3... but that sounds slow and boring to me, personally.  But who knows.. maybe people want that.  Do they?  That makes a season longer without adding fun value, IMO.

On the topic of another round: 

Okay, it's possible a ninth round could have been had, and possibly no repeat fight would have occurred.  But there has to be a cut-off.  It cannot go on forever.  It depends on how many teams signed up for the season... that determines how long we can go without a repeat fight.

We had two 120 points teams at the end of round eight, which is kind of a sweet spot for completion.  That worked out perfectly.  It can't go on forever.  And the teams at 110 were great teams, but not the top teams. 

So it ended at two teams at 120 points and it was a really competitive season.  I guess I could have found a way to drag it on thru December.  But, in my estimation, it was a really solid Season 5.

• Like 1

So I have added some characters for this season of Fantasy Draft.

Feel free to use them for your team.

SLOT 4: Preparing the Team's Holiday Feast.

Elzar: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10363

Dexter Jettster: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10364

Ernie: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10389

Alpha 5: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10419

(I remember episodes where Alpha did make up some food.)

SLOT 6: The Team Member at Nakatomi Plaza.

Anne Lewis: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10388

1 hour ago, Venom 2009 said:

So I have added some characters for this season of Fantasy Draft.

Feel free to use them for your team.

SLOT 4: Preparing the Team's Holiday Feast.

Elzar: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10363

Dexter Jettster: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10364

Ernie: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10389

Alpha 5: https://www.electricferret.com/cbub/cbubcats/show?cid=10419

(I remember episodes where Alpha did make up some food.)

The challenges in the Cooking category will be by types of cuisine and a specific difficult dish.

e.g.

French Cuisine - Coq A Vin

Dessert Challenge - Baked Alaska

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

The challenges in the Cooking category will be by types of cuisine and a specific difficult dish.

e.g.

French Cuisine - Coq A Vin

Dessert Challenge - Baked Alaska

Oh this will be fun considering who I have in mind to pick and me adding Beverly Goldberg. 

3 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

Just made my picks!

I'm satisfied with who I got. And I must be the first person who managed to get John McClane. 

Although I did try to recruit the Thirteenth Doctor but seems that didn't work out. So I picked Coulson instead for the 7th slot.  

We must be on the same wavelength. I tried to get Jack Harkness for that slot.