Crimson Typhoon: 4

Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 5

Fox

On 10/14/2020 at 9:00 PM, Fox said:

SLOT 2: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!

An alien race (non-human) from science-fiction that has a fleet of ships and the ability to use them militarily.

Star Wars Empire / Rebel Alliance does not count.  Must be a distinct species with their own military.

Base Line Examples:
- Various alien races from Star Trek / Voyager / Deep Space Nine / Whatevs.
- Those aliens from Independence Day
- Perhaps aliens from Warhammer 40,000?
- How about Babylon Five?

So Alien groups that are more of a collective don't count? Like, a force of a few different species that are unified under one controlling body?

SLOT 6: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero

A Marvel or DC Comics character that is not super fast (no speed blitz) and is not super strong (upper limit: lift a car) and has no psionic powers.

Could potentially destroy a car in one blow but could not destroy a jumbo jet or a house (or larger) in one blow.

Base Line:
- Wolverine
- Plastic Man
- Captain America

Also, I think Plastic Man is above this slot's level. He can more than lift a car.

29 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

So Alien groups that are more of a collective don't count? Like, a force of a few different species that are unified under one controlling body?

No, sorry. 

The Galactic Empire in Star Wars is an example of a collective of species who are unified under the iron fist of the Emperor.

Star Fleet is another example of a collective of species who are unified under a peaceful ideology.

Neither would be accepted. 

I would accept The Borg because they are a distinct and unique cybernetic species with a fleet even though they are composed of the rotting carcasses of various individual species.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

No, sorry. 

The Galactic Empire in Star Wars is an example of a collective of species who are unified under the iron fist of the Emperor.

Star Fleet is another example of a collective of species who are unified under a peaceful ideology.

Neither would be accepted. 

I would accept The Borg because they are a distinct and unique cybernetic species with a fleet even though they are composed of the rotting carcasses of various individual species.

OK, so something like the Covenant from Halo, since it comprises of about 7 different races, is a no go.

On 10/14/2020 at 11:00 PM, Fox said:

SLOT 7: The Teams Anime Sword fighter

A character from an Anime series that is primarily known as a sword fighter who is not stupidly overpowered.  Is not able to destroy cities or planets or anything stupid like that.

Anime characters are kind of hard to judge and usually have ridiculous feats but think Street Level.

Base Line:
- Let's see what you come up with.

If a character started in a video game, but they have made anime about those characters after the release of the game, would that count?

34 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

If a character started in a video game, but they have made anime about those characters after the release of the game, would that count?

I'd say so, yes. 

Most anime comes from lite novels, manga, games and visual novels.  That is usually where the shows are sourced from.

6 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Well, tried to put in a pro fighter. Came back as "unacceptable"

I put a message out in the CBUB General to let the Admins know to accept those.  Please put them in Pop Culture category.

But, you know, if it keeps happening maybe PM the person who isn't in the loop yet.

Just a heads up.

I'm trying to work on the site and fix it up a bit.  Right now I'm concentrating on the CBUB Database pages.

And we're starting to get real fancy with the Fantasy Draft matches now.  Season 5 has five slots that will need Random Slot Challenges designed for them.

So, the Season 5 open draft period could run two weeks while I work on the website.

Thanks

9 hours ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Well, tried to put in a pro fighter. Came back as "unacceptable"

3 hours ago, Fox said:

I put a message out in the CBUB General to let the Admins know to accept those.  Please put them in Pop Culture category.

But, you know, if it keeps happening maybe PM the person who isn't in the loop yet.

Sorry, about that, Bergy_Berg. My bad. Go and send the pro fighter again.

57 minutes ago, Venom 2009 said:

Sorry, about that, Bergy_Berg. My bad. Go and send the pro fighter again.

I totally understand. I think just a couple months ago the topic of wrestlers as real people vs their fictional persona caused some concern in whether they should be added to the database.

If it weren't for this very specific draft slot I would think that UFC fighters don't belong in the database too.

And thanks.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Fox said:

Just a heads up.

I'm trying to work on the site and fix it up a bit.  Right now I'm concentrating on the CBUB Database pages.

And we're starting to get real fancy with the Fantasy Draft matches now.  Season 5 has five slots that will need Random Slot Challenges designed for them.

So, the Season 5 open draft period could run two weeks while I work on the website.

Thanks

Mmm... Not liking the current format of the CBUB profiles.

If you ask me, I think the regular play matches should be listed first above the seasonal and tournament records. Or better yet, a tab function similar to Fandom Wiki's pages which could flip over between the regular records to the seasonal and draft records would be better in my opinion.

SLOT 7: The Teams Anime Sword fighter

A character from an Anime series that is primarily known as a sword fighter who is not stupidly overpowered.  Is not able to destroy cities or planets or anything stupid like that.

Anime characters are kind of hard to judge and usually have ridiculous feats but think Street Level.

Base Line:
- Let's see what you come up with.

I asked already but think it got missed. Are we strictly to pull characters from Japanese Anime here?

2 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Mmm... Not liking the current format of the CBUB profiles.

If you ask me, I think the regular play matches should be listed first above the seasonal and tournament records. Or better yet, a tab function similar to Fandom Wiki's pages which could flip over between the regular records to the seasonal and draft records would be better in my opinion.

Alrighty, then.  Better now?

4 hours ago, comic_book_fan said:

is it to late for me to get in on this 

Next Saturday, Oct. 24 at Noon Pacific the season 5 Draft will be available in your CBUB Control Panel.  You can build your team.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Do Lovecraftian beings count as deities? Asking for a friend

SLOT 1: The Team's Deity

A mythological deity from any of human history's various pantheon of gods.  You may not use comic book or other fictional representations of said deity.

Needs to be an actual mythological deity from actual real historical human pantheons.   Now, if you look hard enough you might find that Lovecraft took some inspiration from myth.  The Aztec and Mayan pantheons seem to have some dark deities.

Your chosen deity will perform in various challenges.  Some deities will have dominion over things that we assume would make them better at some challenges.  A god or goddess of bounty and harvest, for example, might perform better if the challenge has seasons or crops as a component of it.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

Needs to be an actual mythological deity from actual real historical human pantheons.   Now, if you look hard enough you might find that Lovecraft took some inspiration from myth.  The Aztec and Mayan pantheons seem to have some dark deities.

Your chosen deity will perform in various challenges.  Some deities will have dominion over things that we assume would make them better at some challenges.  A god or goddess of bounty and harvest, for example, might perform better if the challenge has seasons or crops as a component of it.

Good luck!

I figured as much. Fine with me all the same.