Steve (Minecraft): 2
Jackson Storm: 0

Archangel vs. Gambit
MATCH SCORE
Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Season 5

Fox

CBUB Fantasy Teams is kind of like Fantasy Sports games.  You draft a Team and they get thrown into matches for a "Season" which is typically several weeks.

In case you need a refresher on the rules, here you go :

OK so in Season Five - here are the Team Positions to draft for.

SLOT 1: The Team's Deity

A mythological deity from any of human history's various pantheon of gods.  You may not use comic book or other fictional representations of said deity.

Strong possibility you will have to add a character here.

Base Line Examples:
- Zeus
- Mars
- Isis

SLOT 2: The Team's Planetary Invasion Force!

An alien race (non-human) from science-fiction that has a fleet of ships and the ability to use them militarily.

Star Wars Empire / Rebel Alliance does not count.  Must be a distinct species with their own military.

Base Line Examples:
- Various alien races from Star Trek / Voyager / Deep Space Nine / Whatevs.
- Those aliens from Independence Day
- Perhaps aliens from Warhammer 40,000?
- How about Babylon Five?

SLOT 3: The Team's Entertainer

A Stage Performer or Group who does any of the following: plays music, sings, dances, puts on a magic act, does comedy or otherwise entertains a crowd by traditional means.

Legit, normal performers only need apply.

Base Line Examples:
- Josie and the Pussycats
- Harry Houdini
- Jessica Rabbit

SLOT 4: The Team Member Fighting In the Ring

Normal human boxer, brawler, wrestler or kick boxer who fights in competition matches.  Could be a real person or a  fictional person as long as they are presented as a normal, realistic human.

Base Line Examples:
- Hulk Hogan
- Rocky Balboa
- Sgt. Slaughter

SLOT 5: The Team's Wild West Component

A street level character from the old west. Could be from a western movie, book or comic book. Could also be a real actual historical wild west personality, many of whom ended up as characters in movies and novels.  

No cartoon characters.

Base Line Examples:
- Two-Gun Kid
- Billy the Kid
- Lone Ranger

SLOT 6: The Team's Mid-Level Superhero

A Marvel or DC Comics character that is not super fast (no speed blitz) and is not super strong (upper limit: lift a car) and has no psionic powers.

Could potentially destroy a car in one blow but could not destroy a jumbo jet or a house (or larger) in one blow.

Base Line:
- Wolverine
- Cyborg
- Captain America

SLOT 7: The Teams Anime Sword fighter

A character from an Anime series that is primarily known as a sword fighter who is not stupidly overpowered.  Is not able to destroy cities or planets or anything stupid like that.

Anime characters are kind of hard to judge and usually have ridiculous feats but think Street Level.

Base Line:
- Let's see what you come up with.

17 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Would an invasive/parasitic species count for the alien invaders? Like the Flood from Halo? They don't have have a military but they're very invasive

Gee, I’m not familiar with that one but they need an attack fleet for space ship battles. They will be evaluated in different challenges.

Well... I might as well attempt this!

Slot 1: Raijin (Submitted, yet to be added to the database)

Slot 2: The Kree Empire

Slot 3: Athena Asamiya

Slot 4: Muhammad Ali

Slot 5: Shanghai Joe (Submitted, yet to be added to the database)

Slot 6: Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)

Slot 7: Asuna Yuuki

10 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Well... I might as well attempt this!

Slot 1: Raijin (Submitted, yet to be added to the database)

Slot 2: The Kree Empire

Slot 3: Athena Asamiya

Slot 4: Muhammad Ali

Slot 5: Shanghai Joe (Submitted, yet to be added to the database)

Slot 6: Jennika

Slot 7: Asuna Yuuki

Good picks, I'll take them.

2 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Ah, those are mine.

And some of them haven't even been added to the database yet.

When the draft opens in the control panel it’s every team captain for themselves.  Best to keep it under yer hat, then. 😊

27 minutes ago, Fox said:

Gee, I’m not familiar with that one but they need an attack fleet for space ship battles. They will be evaluated in different challenges.

They're parasites that infect and take over the bodies of other races. They don't really have a distinct military space force, just whatever they get.

The only time I remember them "flying" something they crashed it.

3 minutes ago, Fox said:

When the draft opens in the control panel it’s every team captain for themselves.  Best to keep it under yer hat, then. 😊

Yeah, this is my first time doing this so... I have no idea what is going on aside from what I glanced over in the FAQ.

Might be my first and last time. We'll see how this goes.

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

Yeah, this is my first time doing this so... I have no idea what is going on aside from what I glanced over in the FAQ.

Might be my first and last time. We'll see how this goes.

They're fun. Sparks a lot of debate as people argue for their teams.

4 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

They're fun. Sparks a lot of debate as people argue for their teams.

Some of these characters are fairly new in the medium they're from, so they won't have as many feats to them as I would like them to have.

1 hour ago, Fox said:

Anime characters are kind of hard to judge and usually have ridiculous feats but think Street Level.

Even if everyone goes into this with the best intentions, there's bound to be at least one character that has some dumb feat where they sliced a planet in half. It's inevitable.

Looking forward to it.

Okay.. I just realized that Slot 6 requires a Marvel or DC character... Jennika is a TMNT character... So, I am choosing to remove her in place of Batgirl (Barbara Gordon).

I've never done this shit before, so cut me some slack, alright?

Slack cut. I'm mostly just joking with you. The draft shows up in your control panel when Fox makes it live and you select picks there, so no need to post in the forum here.

Same thing happened for the last season.

3 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Slack cut. I'm mostly just joking with you. The draft shows up in your control panel when Fox makes it live and you select picks there, so no need to post in the forum here.

Same thing happened for the last season.

Sorry to lash out like that. I've never done something like this and I just want to distract myself from some harsh realities which are happening in my life, so I thought this would be good...

Sorry to lash out like that. I've never done something like this and I just want to distract myself from some harsh realities which are happening in my life, so I thought this would be good...

Most of what I say on this board (and in general) is me joking. So it's all good, hope this ends up being a fun distraction for you.

Good luck on your first season, and get ready for some of your characters to lose match-ups that they should have definitely won.

2 minutes ago, Bergy_Berg said:

Most of what I say on this board (and in general) is me joking. So it's all good, hope this ends up being a fun distraction for you.

Good luck on your first season, and get ready for some of your characters to lose match-ups that they should have definitely won.

Sounds like CBUB back in the 2010s... I ain't surprised.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Fox said:

Normal human boxer, brawler, wrestler or kick boxer who fights in competition matches.  Could be a real person or a  fictional person as long as they are presented as a normal, realistic human.

Base Line Examples:
- Hulk Hogan
- Rocky Balboa
- Sgt. Slaughter

I see one of my ideas made it this season. ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fox said:

Base Line Examples:
- Hulk Hogan
- Rocky Balboa
- Sgt. Slaughter

Would someone like Kane or the Undertaker work here? They have vague, undefined supernatural powers sometimes but they never really use them to fight, and they fight normal human wrestlers exclusively

7 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Would someone like Kane or the Undertaker work here? They have vague, undefined supernatural powers sometimes but they never really use them to fight, and they fight normal human wrestlers exclusively

I admit I don’t know a lot about wrestlers or how their stage personas have, like, powers.  Somebody feel free to educate me on that.

But, I think it’s fine, right? They are essentially normal human brawlers.

What I see in this category are very subtle powers. One could easily point out Rock Balboa’s clearly extraordinary endurance as being like a power feat I guess.

Does this seem reasonable? I don’t know much about wrestlers.

6 minutes ago, Fox said:

I admit I don’t know a lot about wrestlers or how their stage personas have, like, powers.  Somebody feel free to educate me on that.

But, I think it’s fine, right? They are essentially normal human brawlers.

What I see in this category are very subtle powers. One could easily point out Rock Balboa’s clearly extraordinary endurance as being like a power feat I guess.

Does this seem reasonable? I don’t know much about wrestlers.

Personally, I think should be fine in this category. Hulk Hogan Hulking Up is arguably just as supernatural as anything the Undertaker does in ring. Wrestlers are relatively grounded, even the most "powerful" ones.

• Thanks 1