Rumble 20581 Zyclops vs. Whitespikes
MATCH SCORE
Zyclops: 2
Whitespikes: 1

CBUB Fantasy Draft - Throw in your Slot Idea

Fox

1 hour ago, SSJRuss said:

Slot for Dragon vs Slot for a Knight?

Dog slot vs Cat slot? Or a slot for Werewolves vs a slot for Vampires?

Slot for Avenger member vs slot for Justice League member

Slot for cowboys vs slot for aliens

OK, so you'll be getting whatever I come up with, then.  Duly noted.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Fox said:

OK, so you'll be getting whatever I come up with, then.  Duly noted.

I mean... I got more.

Slot for Digimon versus Slot for Pokemon

Slot for mythical beast versus Slot for mythical warrior

Slot for superhero team versus slot for supervillain team

Slot for marvel character versus slot for Capcom character

Slot for pirate character versus slot for Ninja character

Here is a idea for a shot vs shot.

Survivor vs Monster

Shot 1 for Survivors: A human character that has survived in a live action horror or sci-fi movie. No super powers.

Shot 2 for Monsters: A monster from the Sci-fi category, or someone in the horror category. No giant monsters. No magic or super powers.

• 1 month later...

Slot Ideas: 

The Teams BountyHunter: There are a LOT of bountyhunters in ficton, not just star wars. I think some bountyhunter themed challenges would be fun. Like bringing in certain targets, or completing scenarios. Maybe one is being hunted by a prdator? 

BaseLine Examples:

Boba Fett, Jonah Hex, Erron Black. 

The Team Captain: Has to command a vessel of some kind. challenges could be stuff like the Kobo Yashi Maru. Mutinous crews, lost far from home. 

BaseLine Examoles: Captain Kirk, Captain Nemo, Han Solo

The Teams Strategist: A military strategist, challenges could be chess, stratego, or certain battle scenarios real or fictional. 

BaseLine example: Admiral Thrawn, Ender Wiggun, Julius Caesar      

Going to make a case again for Team pilot- An ace pilot flying through various pilot challenges like: Barnstorming, 1V1 dogfight, making the Death Star Trench run. 

Baseline Examples: Maverick, Wedge Antilles, The Red Baron     

• 2 weeks later...

SLOT X: The Team’s Millionaire

A character that is a boss of a business or someone that is very rich.

Base Line Examples:
-Lex Luthor
-Scrooge McDuck
-Richie Rich

Some terrain ideas:
-Who would win in a bidding war?
-Who would want this invention?
-Who would help an orphanage?

Here is an idea for a Slot vs Slot.

Anime vs Cartoon

Only Tier 11 to 2 is allowed. Use Vs Battle Wiki to help pick a character from the Anime category and a character from the Toons category for your team.

This can be a One Slot or a Slot vs Slot.

Heroes and Villains

Only Tier 11 to 2 is allowed. Use Vs Battle Wiki to pick a hero and/or villain for your team.

No DC, Marvel, or Anime Characters.

• 1 month later...

Here is another Shot vs Shot idea.

David vs Goliath

A human size character vs someone that is very big.

Human Size Shot
-Korra
-Son Goku
-All Might

Giants Shot
-Godzilla
-Unicron
-Serpentera

Use Vs Battle Wiki to pick characters that are Tier 11 to 2.

• Like 1

Sages vs Scientists?

Wise old mentor types for sages like

1. The Ancient One (Dr. Strange)

2. Mr. Miyagi (The Karate Kid)

3. Uncle Iroh (Avatar the Last Airbender)

And Scientists who advance the plot along like

1. Dr. Moira McTagerret (X-Men)

2. Dr. Anton Sevarius (Gargoyles)

3. Senku (Dr. Stone)

Well here is a Shot vs Shot idea.

One Character vs A Group.

One Character Shot
-Korra
-All Might
-Batman

Group Shot
-The Xenomorphs
-Putty Patrol
-Stormtroopers

Also, what about a Shot were characters fight underwater?

Base Line Examples:
-Jaws
-Flipper
-The Creature (Gill-man)

13 hours ago, Fox said:

Well, what ever could we do to keep this fresh?

After 10 seasons are we running on fumes or is there still gas in this tank?

I would still be interested in participating, I think there are other categories we can roll with. Hope it isn’t too much on you though Fox!

It might not be a terrible idea to take a month or two off to let everyone recharge, and to give us time to think of some new and interesting scenarios for the next one. I would be willing to jump back into one right away because I sat the last one out, but it might not be bad to wait for a minute

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think a fun future category would be a mentor slot vs a perpetual screw-up slot. Characters who are patient and good at teaching vs. Characters who seem to mess up everything they try. Importantly, the screw-up slot should be people like Homer Simpson, Phillip J. Fry, Peter Griffin, or even Michael Scott: characters who aren't outright failures at everything and who aren't malicious or bad, but instead are just lazy, not very smart, not very talented, etc. The mentor would have to coach the character through a challenge and find a way to motivate them, while the other character would (probably) want to be lazy and not do the challenge.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Movie-Brat said:

How about a future slot be a legacy hero? Like Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan), Spider-Man (Miles Morales) and even just recently, the new Darkhawk (Conor Young).

A slot depends on either:

1. the characters having something in common you can build challenges on (e.g. Thieves)

OR

2. They are at the same power level for a battle.

These characters do not seem to have anything in common to base challenges on and are different power levels.  I am puzzled by this suggestion. 

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

A slot depends on either:

1. the characters having something in common you can build challenges on (e.g. Thieves)

OR

2. They are at the same power level for a battle.

These characters do not seem to have anything in common to base challenges on and are different power levels.  I am puzzled by this suggestion. 

It can be like legacy hero vs their original counterparts or if they can live under the tutelage.

I thought of a few with some sample challenges.

Team Outdoorsman: A character who primarily ranges around in the outdoors, no powers or very minor ones. Basically someone who ranges far across the land in the aim of accomplishing their goals. Challenges could be survival/rescue oriented.

Examples:

1.  Robert Muldoon

2. Faramir

3. Davy Crocket

Example Challenge #1: A group of climbers has gotten lost in the Rocky Mountains and a blizzard is moving in, which character can keep their group alive till a rescue comes?

Example Challenge #2: Dr. Jones needs a route through the jungle to head of a group of Nazis from stealing an ancient artifact, who can get him there faster?

Example Challenge #3: Uncle Iroh has accidentally poisoned himself making tea and the nearest healer is days away. Who can help him hold on using local flora and fauna till help can arrive?

The Driver: A character whose primary expertise is driving/piloting  a vehicle. Challenges would be a bit more getaway/race oriented.

Examples:

1. Kitt

2. Baby

3. James Bond

Example Challenge #1: The character has to drive the Le Mans race, all 24 hours of it. Who has the endurance and skill to win it?

Example Challenge #2: The character has to negotiate a treacherous debris field to escape a nuclear explosion ala Chain Reaction. Who can escape in one piece?

Example Challenge #3: The vehicle has broken down and this delivery has to be there overnight. Who can best make their way to the location without their usual vehicle?

The Traitor: A character who is known for backstabbing and betrayal. Challenges would involve treachery and deception.

Examples:

1. Starscream

2. Prince Hans

3. Malty

Example Challenge #1: Who can successfully woo the Prince/Princess and arrange a marriage before the hero can intervene?

Example Challenge #2: Who can best cover their tracks after leading the hero into an elaborate death trap?

Example Challenge #3: The hero has escaped their elaborate death trap who is best able to convince them it was an innocent mistake and that they should not be angry with them?

The Guy in the Chair: A character whose job is to help the main cast from behind the scenes. They aren't on the frontlines themselves, but they coordinate, advise, and lead from back at base. Challenges could be leadership and information gathering focused.

Examples:

1. Niles Caulder

2. M

3. Barbra Gordon as Oracle

Example Challenge #1: The character's operatives have been disappearing one by one, who can link the cause of these disappearances together first and protect their team?

Example Challenge #2: An operative has gone rogue due to a misunderstanding, who can best talk them back into the fold before they do something drastic?

Example Challenge #3: The base of operations has been compromised by HYDRA assassins. Who can survive till one of their operatives can get there and affect a rescue?

Edit One More:

Mr/Ms. Fix-It: A character who's job it is to put everything back together after the hero or villain has trashed it. Challenges would be technical in nature.

Examples:

1. Montgomery Scott

2. Winry Rockbell

3. Gadget (Rescue Rangers)

4. Forge

5. Steel

Example Challenges

1. This system needs to be fixed in the next five minutes or everyone is doomed, who can jury rig a quick fix before the big boom?

2. You ain't driving this outta here. A real clunker comes in to be repaired, who can convince a stubborn Al Bundy to leave his car and take a loaner while they fix it.

3. Damnit Jim, I'm a Mechanic not a Doctor. A robotic organism is dying and the medics are flumoxed. It is up to the engineering team to save this Robot's life. Who can do it?

Here's an idea for a slot!

WHEN ANIMALS ATTACK!

The character must be animal themed and must be an animal. Animals can be either based off real animals, anthropomorphic or mutated animals. Characters must not be Humans with Animal themed powers or Humans in animal costumes. Alien animals and Fantasy are also excluded. Kaiju are also excluded-- meaning no King Kong.

Eligible Examples

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Shere Khan

Baloo

King Louie

Anaconda

Curious George

Katahdin

Cujo

Mighty Joe Young

• Like 1

I think rehashing some old categories we've already had would be a good way to get some ideas. One of a few ideas I had:

TV Detectives vs. Low-tier Comic Book Villains

• TV Detectives: Detectives or police officers who appear in police procedurals or police dramas. Police movies would probably be acceptable here as well. Mostly, we're looking to get rid of detectives like Batman, Light Yagami, or Sherlock Holmes, who have essentially superhuman levels of perception. 
  • Low-tier Comic Book Villains: Similar to the season 4 "The Team's Worst Criminal" category, a street-tier character who often loses in the comic book world they inhabit. Their powers should be very limited, and they should be something of a joke. However, this category seeks to prove if they would be a viable threat in a more realistic scenario. 
  • Scenario Examples: 
    • Murder: The comic book villain has murdered a man in a robbery gone wrong. There are no witnesses to the crime, but the villain is one of many known villains in the city. Can the detective pin the crime on the correct villain?
    • Assassination: The villain has time to set up a scheme to kill a local mayor, but they must personally be present in the room to make sure it goes off without a hitch. They may personally pull the trigger, but they don't have to. Can the detective uncover the scheme before the villain flees town?
    • Robbery: The villain plans to steal from a wealthy local resident of a relatively small town. Can the detective solve the crime before the criminal skips town with their ill-gotten gains

I know this is very similar to a category we had recently, but I like the idea of detectives who aren't world-class super geniuses getting time in the sun. Plus, putting the spotlight on some lesser-known, less powerful comic book villains in a way that emphasizes their strengths rather than their weaknesses could be a fun exercise.