Slot: The Team's Hunter
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 1
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Gaston at this Wiki
Official Site: Disney

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Not My Season

Chewbacca can't communicate with Gaston and Gaston is pretty relentless in his hunting. However, I feel like if Chewbacca throws Gaston around a couple of times, he'll back down. Gaston is determined, but not to the point where he's willing to die on a random hunt. He died to the Beast but that was largely circumstantial and accidental on both his and the Beast's part. If he knew he was beaten he would probably turn tail and lick his wounds

If Gaston his hunting him, I think Chewie is actually in trouble. He was ready willing and able to hunt The Beast I just didn't work out for him. But he could have done it.

Chewie is a delicious target and there's no Belle to mess up his concentration.

Vote for Gaston.

Heh, guys, prey convincing the hunter to back off isn't the same as convincing him/her that you're not in season. 

If Gaston sees a poster of Chewie, he's very likely assured that Chewie's the prey. Not sure Gaston can actually take him down, but I'm thinking Chewie will stay on Gaston's hunt. 

2 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Heh, guys, prey convincing the hunter to back off isn't the same as convincing him/her that you're not in season. 

If Gaston sees a poster of Chewie, he's very likely assured that Chewie's the prey. Not sure Gaston can actually take him down, but I'm thinking Chewie will stay on Gaston's hunt. 

As we've discussed several times, I think that interpretation is way too literal and makes it impossible for the hunter to lose unless the Hunter is as dumb as Elmer Fudd or the animal is a reality warper. In my eyes, for all intents and purposes, getting the hunter to abandon the hunt counts as convincing them they are not in season 

4 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

If Gaston his hunting him, I think Chewie is actually in trouble. He was ready willing and able to hunt The Beast I just didn't work out for him. But he could have done it.

Chewie is a delicious target and there's no Belle to mess up his concentration.

Vote for Gaston.

He was able to hunt the Beast after the Beast had fallen into a depression after Belle left. When the Beast fought after Belle returned he clearly had the advantage. Also, Chewie is a better combatant than the Beast by a long shot. Chewie has a range advantage, decades of combat experience, and The Beast was incapacitated by a few wolves. 

Chewie can't really talk to Gaston and I'm not sure he'd listen even if they spoke the same language. As for Chewbacca convincing Gaston through physical violence, I'm not sure he can do that either. As I can't remember Chewie doing anything that puts him physically above Gaston.

On 1/10/2024 at 11:37 PM, Peypeypeypey said:

As we've discussed several times, I think that interpretation is way too literal and makes it impossible for the hunter to lose unless the Hunter is as dumb as Elmer Fudd or the animal is a reality warper. In my eyes, for all intents and purposes, getting the hunter to abandon the hunt counts as convincing them they are not in season 

I don't know; convincing the hunter to back off doesn't really seem in the spirit of this terrain. It certainly could've been added as a condition of another terrain, though.