Slot: The Team's Hunter
Season Wins: 0
Season Losses: 0
Fantasy Team Page
Read more about Ghost Predator at this Wiki
Official Site: Twentieth Century Fox

Battle Terrain
Hunter vs. Hunted: Not My Season

Can Po convince the Predator, whose sole purpose of existence is hunting exceptional prey a la Dragon Warriors, that he is not to be hunted? No, I don't think he can. To convince a Predator that you shouldn't be hunted, you need to be pathetic. Po, unfortunately, isn't.

That's a good point. Po is, by nature, friendly and lovable. And perhaps more importantly, unarmed. Is the Predator known for going after unarmed friendly prey? No. 

Either through his nature, or if necessary his fists, Po will be able to convince the hunter. 

1 minute ago, Peypeypeypey said:

I think I was reading this too literally at first. Leaving the predator in a crater unable to get up again certainly counts as the predator being convinced to stop hunting Po

They crave the challenge though, that's not the way to stop a Predator from hunting you.

Just now, Macklemore said:

They crave the challenge though, that's not the way to stop a Predator from hunting you.

It is if you physically break every bone in its body so it can't chase you anymore. At a certain point, the predator's desire to hunt is going to be outweighed by his inability to move. Po is far stronger and faster then the predators I know at least. Eventually he's gonna incapacitate it

2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I assume we're allowing for the fact that the contestants will understand what they need to do to win. If necessary, Po just holding up his hands or inviting the Predator for some food may be enough to stall and halt the hunt.

And as already mentioned, if that fails then a hunt can be stopped through fists or through the many means Po has of immobilising his opponents. 

I don't think of Po as particularly persuasive. Him persuading Shifu he was worthwhile came after an extended period of him failing. The time period plays to the Predator's strengths.

I'll take it a step further and point out there is definitely a language barrier issue with Po speaking (presumably) Chinese and the Predator speaking the Predator language.

6 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I'm going to go with spirit of the match and Po has to actually convince Predator not to hunt him. He would instinctively run. Then he'd hide. If caught he'd try to beg. All of that will play to the predator's hunt.

I don't think he'd instinctively run. Po has always tried to chat to his opponents. I think he would befriend the Predator, probably through food but certainly through signs. This is absolutely in Pos wheelhouse as he always seeks peace, which the Predator will recognise as we have seen him do in multiple films. 

1 hour ago, Movie-Brat said:

Slightest action could set off the Predator in hunt mode. So, based on that, Predator could take this.

The Predator has been shown multiple times to stand down from hunt mode against opponents unwilling or unable to fight, and Po has always shown an ability to first try diplomacy when needed. I think that swings it for Po 😆. Loving the debate!

Given that there's a language barrier between Po and Ghost here, I don't think that Po would at all be able to convince this particular, and downright eager and hot blooded Yautja that he's not up for hunting season but then again, here's what people are not considering. The Yautja DON'T necessarily have a hunting season as we know it. They're drawn by heat and conflict, BUT they're just as capable of hunting in colder climates... So long as there's conflict, a Yautja is down to hunt anywhere and anyone.

8 hours ago, Culwych1 said:

I don't think he'd instinctively run. Po has always tried to chat to his opponents. I think he would befriend the Predator, probably through food but certainly through signs. This is absolutely in Pos wheelhouse as he always seeks peace, which the Predator will recognise as we have seen him do in multiple films. 

About that...

Let's go over the reasons why in the films, and JUST the films... a Predator doesn't pursue an intended prey. In the first movie, the Predator didn't go after Anna because she wasn't considered fair game as she wasn't armed. Also, for the most part... most Yautja don't necessarily hunt women unless they make themselves a known challenge to them. The same goes for men too. Equal opportunity hunters. If you're armed, you're fair game...

But then the EU (or at least Dark Horse material) adds onto this... More on that later.

Now, the Yautja in Predator 2 had two INSTANCES of sparing prey... The first instance was the kid in the graveyard. Ghost was initially confused because he saw a kid armed with what appeared to be a weapon, and so he had to filter his vision in a different mode with his bio-mask to determine if it was a real weapon or not. To his surprise, it was a toy. Now, the Yautja are STRICTLY prohibited from killing children... They're not seen as worthy game, and doing so will INSTANTLY sully the Yautja's honor, mark him as a Bad Blood who is to be killed ON SIGHT by his clan brethren. Then there was Leona Cantrell... Ghost was ready to kill her until he noticed her mid-section was off from what he was able to make out, and when he filtered through her body-- he saw she was pregnant. Pregnant women are OFF-LIMITS to the Yautja, and killing a pregnant woman would more or less result in the same outcome as killing a child. It's not worth it.

In Alien vs. Predator, Scar sparred Lex because she outright gave him the plasma caster which he needed to survive the Blooding Ritual trial. Even when he was given back his weapon, and armed with it... he was STILL ready to kill her... UNTIL the Xenomorphs made themselves known. Scar didn't spare Lex because she sought peace, he spared her because he needed her assistance in getting out of the temple alive and he saw her as a warrior after she killed a Xenomorph.

Now, most people think that throwing down their weapon is enough to convince a Predator that they're not worthy game. Except... THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Even the FIRST MOVIE disproves this... You know that scene where the Predator had Dutch dead to rights and pinned him to that tree? Well, what does he do? He removes his mask and then fights Dutch BARE HANDED, which he proceeds to dominate Dutch at. So, NO... disarming one's self or being disarmed after SHOWING one is still dangerous without weapons is not enough to be spared from a Yautja.

Also, in Batman vs. Predator-- the Predator's first two kills are two of Gotham's best boxers. Non-canonical, but none the less it proves my point further above.

19 hours ago, Peypeypeypey said:

It is if you physically break every bone in its body so it can't chase you anymore. At a certain point, the predator's desire to hunt is going to be outweighed by his inability to move. Po is far stronger and faster then the predators I know at least. Eventually he's gonna incapacitate it

Po being stronger and faster? I don't know about that, especially if we count the EU material into play... and depending on which EU material... Dark Horse canon or current Disney-Marvel canon?

Oh and uh... even in context of the films... I would think Predators are still stronger. You know that scene where the Predator rips out Billy's spinal column? This one?

And THIS Predator does it in Predator 2?

And as much as I HATE THIS FUCKING MOVIE... PREDATORS... This asshole rips out a spine so casually.

Has ANYONE ever considered HOW MUCH FORCE it takes to ripe out a spinal column intact with the skull like that so casually?

Well... SOMEONE DID THE MATH and even REFERENCED PREDATOR!

1,000,000 NEWTONS OF FORCE it takes to rip out a spinal column!

Then, I was curious to see what would look like when converted to ton-force.

https://www.unitconverters.net/force/newton-to-ton-force-metric.htm

That's INSANE!

Oh and uh.... as much as I also HATED Disney's PREY... A Yautja can kill a bear with a single punch. Granted mind you, the Yautja at first was gauging the bear in wrestling contest, and after getting some bites and claws here and there... he decided to stop screwing around and end the damn thing.

41 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Given that there's a language barrier between Po and Ghost here, I don't think that Po would at all be able to convince this particular, and downright eager and hot blooded Yautja that he's not up for hunting season but then again, here's what people are not considering. The Yautja DON'T necessarily have a hunting season as we know it. They're drawn by heat and conflict, BUT they're just as capable of hunting in colder climates... So long as there's conflict, a Yautja is down to hunt anywhere and anyone.

About that...

Let's go over the reasons why in the films, and JUST the films... a Predator doesn't pursue an intended prey. In the first movie, the Predator didn't go after Anna because she wasn't considered fair game as she wasn't armed. Also, for the most part... most Yautja don't necessarily hunt women unless they make themselves a known challenge to them. The same goes for men too. Equal opportunity hunters. If you're armed, you're fair game...

But then the EU (or at least Dark Horse material) adds onto this... More on that later.

Now, the Yautja in Predator 2 had two INSTANCES of sparing prey... The first instance was the kid in the graveyard. Ghost was initially confused because he saw a kid armed with what appeared to be a weapon, and so he had to filter his vision in a different mode with his bio-mask to determine if it was a real weapon or not. To his surprise, it was a toy. Now, the Yautja are STRICTLY prohibited from killing children... They're not seen as worthy game, and doing so will INSTANTLY sully the Yautja's honor, mark him as a Bad Blood who is to be killed ON SIGHT by his clan brethren. Then there was Leona Cantrell... Ghost was ready to kill her until he noticed her mid-section was off from what he was able to make out, and when he filtered through her body-- he saw she was pregnant. Pregnant women are OFF-LIMITS to the Yautja, and killing a pregnant woman would more or less result in the same outcome as killing a child. It's not worth it.

In Alien vs. Predator, Scar sparred Lex because she outright gave him the plasma caster which he needed to survive the Blooding Ritual trial. Even when he was given back his weapon, and armed with it... he was STILL ready to kill her... UNTIL the Xenomorphs made themselves known. Scar didn't spare Lex because she sought peace, he spared her because he needed her assistance in getting out of the temple alive and he saw her as a warrior after she killed a Xenomorph.

Now, most people think that throwing down their weapon is enough to convince a Predator that they're not worthy game. Except... THIS ISN'T TRUE.

Even the FIRST MOVIE disproves this... You know that scene where the Predator had Dutch dead to rights and pinned him to that tree? Well, what does he do? He removes his mask and then fights Dutch BARE HANDED, which he proceeds to dominate Dutch at. So, NO... disarming one's self or being disarmed after SHOWING one is still dangerous without weapons is not enough to be spared from a Yautja.

Also, in Batman vs. Predator-- the Predator's first two kills are two of Gotham's best boxers. Non-canonical, but none the less it proves my point further above.

Po being stronger and faster? I don't know about that, especially if we count the EU material into play... and depending on which EU material... Dark Horse canon or current Disney-Marvel canon?

Oh and uh... even in context of the films... I would think Predators are still stronger. You know that scene where the Predator rips out Billy's spinal column? This one?

And THIS Predator does it in Predator 2?

And as much as I HATE THIS FUCKING MOVIE... PREDATORS... This asshole rips out a spine so casually.

Has ANYONE ever considered HOW MUCH FORCE it takes to ripe out a spinal column intact with the skull like that so casually?

Well... SOMEONE DID THE MATH and even REFERENCED PREDATOR!

1,000,000 NEWTONS OF FORCE it takes to rip out a spinal column!

Then, I was curious to see what would look like when converted to ton-force.

https://www.unitconverters.net/force/newton-to-ton-force-metric.htm

That's INSANE!

Oh and uh.... as much as I also HATED Disney's PREY... A Yautja can kill a bear with a single punch. Granted mind you, the Yautja at first was gauging the bear in wrestling contest, and after getting some bites and claws here and there... he decided to stop screwing around and end the damn thing.

Even if he take the spine ripping out at face value, Po should still be way stronger. In just the first movie, he hits Tai Lung so hard he launches him into the air for at least 7 seconds. In Kung Fu Panda 3, Kai was splitting apart massive boulders and throwing them at Po and was unable to hurt him. Even if you take the Newtons required to take a person's spine out literally, which seems much more like an outlier compared to how strong the predator's are usually portrayed, Po can easily take and dish out more damage than that anyway. That's not even mentioning stuff like the Legends of Awesomeness, where Po scales to a character whose Chi was able to destroy a meteor that would have wiped out life on Earth (it may have just been life in China, I don't remember, but it was a massive meteor in any case). Po fights people who throw around mountains and casually crush buildings and boulders. He's definitely stronger. That's not even to mention the speed difference or how skilled he is as a fighter

14 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Even if you take the Newtons required to take a person's spine out literally, which seems much more like an outlier compared to how strong the predator's are usually portrayed.

I'll give you the other points in your argument but this one...

How is it considered an outlier if spine ripping has been done three out of five of the Predator films (seven if you count the AVP movies) and countless times IF we count the EU, Dark Horse, Games or Marvel canon otherwise?

Hell, if we count the total times Predators have ripped spines out... we're looking at four total examples. One off screen that Tony Pope reports on in Predator 2 regarding King Willie's death in.

Four examples in five (seven if we count the AVP films) movies.

I don't see how that's an outlier if it's consistent in five or seven films.

1 minute ago, RakaiThwei said:

I'll give you the other points in your argument but this one...

How is it considered an outlier if spine ripping has been done three out of five of the Predator films (seven if you count the AVP movies) and countless times IF we count the EU, Dark Horse, Games or Marvel canon otherwise?

Hell, if we count the total times Predators have ripped spines out... we're looking at five total examples. One off screen that Tony Pope reports on in Predator 2 regarding King Willie's death in.

Five examples in five (seven if we count the AVP films) movies.

I don't see how that's an outlier if it's consistent in five or seven films.

Outlier might not be the best word. Inconsistency maybe? From what I have seen in the predator films, most of their other strength feats aren't as strong as that, and they only show they strength to do that one specific context of ripping out spines. In any case, fair enough, it seems more consistent than I first realized. Even taking it into account though, Po should be far stronger

3 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Even taking it into account though, Po should be far stronger

I can concede that Po is stronger ONLY because he has Chi enhancing him to further levels from what I can recall of the few examples I can recall of Kung-Fu Panda and it's sequel. But baseline Po? Probably not. But Chi enhanced Po? Definitely.

6 minutes ago, Peypeypeypey said:

Outlier might not be the best word. Inconsistency maybe? From what I have seen in the predator films, most of their other strength feats aren't as strong as that, and they only show they strength to do that one specific context of ripping out spines.

EU Predators are more insane. Especially if they're Dark Horse canon Predators. 

Disney-Marvel canon Predators? They're considerably weaker, right down to being canon fodder which is downright criminal.

But the one that's fighting Wolverine in Predator vs Wolverine? That fucker... Hooo-boy, he's even making Wolverine second guess himself, and this is Adamantium laced Wolverine we're talking about. 

Just now, Movie-Brat said:

Honestly, I'm wondering right now if this debate would be any different if I drafted the Feral Predator from Prey instead considering how much I love that movie. 

Possibly worse if it came down to a fight. But also he came off as less understanding compared to other Predators, at least in my opinion.

Just now, Macklemore said:

Possibly worse if it came down to a fight. But also he came off as less understanding compared to other Predators, at least in my opinion.

Not too sure considering he has impressive weaponry. But to be fair, he's supposed to be an early Predator.

Ghost Predator seems more bloodthirsty than the previous guy timeline wise after the original.