Rumble 20541 Batman (Nolanverse) vs. Judas Breed
MATCH SCORE
Batman: 2
Judas Breed: 0

Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Match 16363 Ayane vs. Rolento F. Schugerg

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART CXXV

509380010_3328353-jinkazama.jpg.a3054a23bee6e599b9fceace722fb179.jpg

In the center of the Mishima Zaibatsu, its leader, Jin Kazama continued his battle with his distant ancestor, Kazuki Kazama.  (REF: JIN KAZAMA VS. KAZUKI KAZAMA) Kazuki swiped his cursed ninjato at Jin, who ducked and followed up with a roundhouse kick to knock Kazuki to the ground.

Kazuki quickly wiped the blood off his lips. His frustration at his own inability to take Jin down was starting to get the best of him. He knew Jin was strong, but not this strong. Kazuki stood up and shot fireballs out of his hands at Jin. Surprisingly, Jin powered through the onslaught of flames and hit Kazuki with a series of combos that concluded with yet another roundhouse kick. Kazuki dropped his ninjato and fell back to the ground. He slowly stood up on one knee and growled with rage.

“I will defeat you!”

Fire erupted from his body and Kazuki picked up his ninjato. He swiped upwards desperately trying to knock Jin into the air. However, Jin sidestepped the slash and rocked Kazuki’s jaw with an Electric Wind God Fist. Kazuki groaned and slumped to the ground. Running on fumes and instinct alone, Kazuki returned to his feet although it was clear he was dazed. Jin immediately hit Kazuki with a quick flurry of high and low punches. Jin screamed as he pulled back his fist , red lightning crackled around his arm, he smashed Kazuki’s face with a devastating right cross that put down the hot headed warrior for good.

“Pathetic,” Jin spit bitterly.

Jin’s cell phone rang and he immediately answered it to find Crimson Viper on the other end.

“I have unfortunate news to report,” she announced. “I was unable to secure any more of the ancient warriors possessed by the Soul Edge shards. The tracker you gave me led to a village hut and a dead end. If the warriors were once here they are long gone now.”

Jin listened patiently as he was soon joined by soldiers of the Tekken Force who picked up Kazuki’s body.

Crimson Viper continued. “All I found was a clown named Benimaru. (REF: BENIMARU NIKAIDO VS. CRIMSON VIPER) He is a fighter in the King of Fighters tournament. I know he knows more than he is saying. But, he refused to divulge any useful information, even after all the convincing I did with my fists. I didn’t leave the area without any useful information though. The area reeked of Psycho Energy. Psycho Energy can only mean one thing, Bison and Shadoloo. My guess is he has those warriors now.”  (REF: YOSHIMITSU VS. RYU HAYABUSA)

“Hmmmm.”

“Do we make a move on him now?” asked Viper.

“No. Not yet,” Jin decided. “There are other shards for the taking. I recently sent an associate to Mexico in pursuit of some  (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. KATARINA ALVES) and Rolento and Nina should be returning with the ones stolen from me soon.”  (REF: MOMIJI VS. VEGA)

Jin motioned for a couple of the Tekken Force soldiers to bring Kazuki closer to him. They complied and Jin carefully inspected his face. “Also a warrior just landed on my doorstep. He claims to be a relative. I don’t know about that, but I know he definitely has fragments of Soul Edge inside him. He will be very useful. Eventually a showdown with Bison will be unavoidable if I want to obtain all the disparate parts of Soul Edge, but for now I don’t want to fight two wars at the same time. The focus remains Kazuya. I am sure he was behind the attack from the Ikari Warriors (REF: BAYMAN VS. CLARK STILL) which distracted me long enough for him to arrange for Lee’s assasination (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN) and the assimilation of Violet Industries. (REF: ANGEL VS. JULIA CHANG) It is clear to me that he intends to use these new resources to help his worldwide hunt for Soul Edge. We can’t let that happen. Some of the last bits of information I received from my spy inside G Corporation was that Kazuya was bringing in Bruce Irvin from Thailand to help with the hunt. (REF: ALEX VS. ZASALAMEL) Bruce is a good fighter and would be a good asset for my father. So, I want you to take him down.”

“Understood,” replied Crimson Viper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

still_ayane_b.jpg.eae27e483b2613c3b61f6e3ce055288e.jpg

Rolento and Nina Williams entered a shipping yard not far from the Mishima Zaibatsu.

“Look alive soldier. The enemy is near, I can feel it,” Rolento remarked.

Nina rolled her eyes, yet she regarded Rolento with some bemusement. “What is your angle here? Why are you working for Jin? Didn’t you come to the Zaibatsu to attack him?” (REF: ROLENTO VS. BAYMAN)

“A simple miscommunication that is all. Such things unfortunately aren’t uncommon on the battlefield. Now that I have met Jin Kazama, I realize that he is the perfect man to help me usher in my utopia,” explained Rolento.

“Utopias are a child’s dream,” countered Nina.

“It doesn’t have to be. You just need the will to do the work to see it through,” Rolento insisted “Jin strikes me as that kind of man. He has the willingness to do what must be done so that we can achieve the peace we all crave.”

Nina remained unconvinced. “I’ll believe it when I see it.”

“What about you, soldier? What drives you to serve in Jin Kazama’s army?” Rolento asked.

Nina sneered. “I’m not a soldier, I’m a mercenary. And the Zaibatsu plays well. Also, there are much worse monsters in the world to work for than Jin Kazama.”

Nina suddenly lifted her gloved hand to stop Rolento in his tracks. “We need to be careful now. If we lose her here, we may lose her for good.”

Ayane peered down at the duo from a nearby rooftop.She thought that she would have been able to lose them by now. They clearly were not average grunts. Ayane would need to confront them personally if she wanted them off her tail. She had defeated the blonde woman once before  (REF: AYANE VS. NINA WILLIAMS), but she wanted to avoid fighting them both at the same time if she could. The man in the red beret had already proved himself to be quite nimble and was decked from head to toe with a variety of military munitions. Ayane waited patiently until both of her targets walked under a pallet of wood pilings suspended in the air by a large crane. She teleported above the pallet and cut the cables.

“Up there!” Rolento called out.

The pallet of wood came crashing down before either Rolento or Nina had much time to react. Rolento successfully managed to roll away from the avalanche of lumber, but Nina wasn’t as lucky. The wood pilings pinned her to the ground.

“Are you okay private?” asked Rolento.

“Don’t worry about me. Get her before she escapes,” screamed Nina.

Rolento saluted her. “Roger that.”

Rolento didn’t have to run very far before an explosion of purple butterflies appeared before him, announcing the arrival of the master of the Hajinmon sect of the Mugen Tenshin, Ayane.

She pulled out two butterfly knives and stepped her into her fighting stance.

“Prepare!” she shouted.

Rolento snickered as he tapped his staff on his open palm. “I was born prepared, little lady.”

Another good set-up, Johnny. I had almost forgotten about the Jin/Rolento/Nina angle of this arc, lol.

As for the match, after remembering how powerful Ayane seemed in her last match, I think she wins this. About the only edge Rolento has is experience, but it may not even matter since, IIRC, Ayane is powerful enough to take on monsters and the like that Ryu Hayabusa fights.

11 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

Have the match time limits changed? This one should be over.

Yes. I changed Rated Matches to 10 days to give folks more time to read and rate them.

Folks like me.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fox said:

Yes. I changed Rated Matches to 10 days to give folks more time to read and rate them.

Folks like me.

Aaah.. That's too long in my opinion, especially considering that I am undertaking a very long storyline with the Mirage Turtles.

6 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

Aaah.. That's too long in my opinion, especially considering that I am undertaking a very long storyline with the Mirage Turtles.

You can't just start another battle while one is running, no?

What am I missing?

5 minutes ago, Fox said:

You can't just start another battle while one is running, no?

What am I missing?

The format I do my matches is tournament team based, so I wait for the results on who wins, write up the re-cap of the fight and then progress onto the next one.

Just now, RakaiThwei said:

The format I do my matches is tournament team based, so I wait for the results on who wins, write up the re-cap of the fight and then progress onto the next one.

Hum. Well, okay. 

I guess if you feel it's an issue to provide people more time to read these, then we will not.

Just now, Fox said:

Hum. Well, okay. 

I guess if you feel it's an issue to provide people more time to read these, then we will not.

I'm just giving you my two cents is all. Not suggesting you to change anything but I just find it... abrupt is all. When I came back to the CBUB, I thought five days was odd but then over time I just grew to be happy with that number of days.

And we aren't nearly as active as we used to be back in the day, a lot of us have moved on and are currently trying to get started on our lives or trying to keep our way of living. I mean it's why folks like Bloody Freak, He Who Fights Monsters, MarvelFan15, aren't around anymore. Heck, even the ones who are active are busy with work and life.

Match Final Results

Member Ratings:
4.30 - Pizzaguy2995
4.70 - DSkillz

FPA Calculation:
2 Total Votes cast
9.00 Total Combined Score
9.00 / 2 = 4.50 Final Rating on the match

MATCH SCORE
Ayane: 7
Rolento F. Schugerg: 0