MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 15388 Benimaru Nikaido vs. Crimson Viper

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXXV

Maki.jpg.86907dc13bfc8a051513e17c4601ca8d.jpg

In a small hospital in rural Japan, Kuma swung his claws wildly at the agile Bushinryu fighter, Maki Genryusai. (REF: MAKI GENRYUSAI VS. KUMA) Her quickness frustrated Kuma. The fighting bear let his frustrations make him sloppy as he continuously left himself vulnerable to Maki’s quick kicks and strikes. Finally, Kuma managed to tag Maki with a few hits and then lifted her into a firm bear hug. He squeezed tightly and let out a mighty roar. Maki lifted one of her tonfas after some struggle and jammed it in Kuma's right eye. Kuma stumbled backwards and howled in agony. Maki quickly went back on the offensive. Now blinded in one eye, Kuma was no longer able to protect himself from Maki’s combos. After a flurry of strikes with her tonfas, Maki jumped into the air and delivered a double kick to knock out her ursine opponent. The hospital staff applauded her efforts.

“Thank you so much. Who knows what damage that crazy bear would have done,” said one of the nurses. “If you would like I can patch up those cuts and scratches for you.”

“Ok, but make it quick. I need to catch up with the others and let them know what happened with Ryo.” Maki explained.

A short time later, Maki exited the hospital. She decided first to track down Kim Kaphwan. He had left her and Ryo in fear for his companion’s safety in her fight against Juri Han. (REF: KIM KAPHWAN VS. JURI HAN) It concerned Maki that they hadn’t returned to the hospital yet.

Maki traveled back to the location where she and Ryo were first confronted by Juri Han. (REF: LUONG VS. JURI HAN) She gasped as her fears were immediately validated by the sight of Kim Kaphwan and Luong sprawled out on the ground in obvious pain.

“Oh my god! Are you two okay?” asked Maki.

Kim struggled to sit up to face Maki. “Oh, it’s you. How is Ryo doing?”

“He is fine, I think. He’s in the care of those ninjas that helped us in the forest,” Maki replied. (REF: SEONG MI-NA VS. MOMIJI) "How about you?”

Kim coughed up some blood before he answered. “I failed. I failed Luong, and I failed justice.”

“Where is Juri?” Maki inquired.

“She left. She said she had no more time to play and went after Bison,” Kim responded. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI)

Maki looked over Kim’s bruised and battered body. “She really did a number on you, didn’t she?”

Maki leaned over to help Kim up. “It’s just my luck that somewhere along the way I’ve gone from trained ninja to hospital transport, but I will take you back there.”

“No. Take Luong,” Kim insisted. “Her injuries are just as bad and were sustained before mine.”

Maki relented and made her way over to Luong. She helped the TaeKwonDo practitioner up and placed Luong’s arm over her shoulder.

“You are not the big strong man I was hoping for to carry me away, but I suppose you will do,” Luong commented.

Maki rolled her eyes then looked back at Kim. “As soon as we get there I will make sure someone is sent over to pick you up properly. Once you are both there, I am going to look for the others.”

Kim delivered a thumbs up gesture in response.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crimson-viper-street-fighter-4.jpg.8f0fd9b2960e8ca236a8ada27bdd29ce.jpg

Benimaru Nikaido walked back to the hut where it all started in hopes of finding Maki and Ryo there. Disappointment set in as the hut appeared to be completely empty. Benimaru turned to leave and continue his search. 

“Finally, I was beginning to think this search was going to be fruitless.”

A woman with yellow glasses and a low cut business suit stepped out of the shadows.

Benimaru was immediately attracted to this new woman standing before him. “Hello. I don’t believe we have met.”

“The name is Viper and I’m on an important retrieval mission for my employer,” she stated.  (REF: ROLENTO VS. BAYMAN)

“And what mission would that be?” asked Benimaru.

“Looking for some medieval warriors. All the locals tell me this hut is the best place to look. Some scuffle broke out here between a lot of strangely dressed fighters." (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA) Crimson Viper looked up and down at Benimaru. “I would say that description matches you perfectly.” 

The revelation startled Benimaru for a moment. He quickly recovered. “I have always been very fashion forward, I wouldn’t expect some backwards thinking rural folk to understand. Who is your employer if I may ask?"

“That information is need to know basis, and you don’t,” said C. Viper. “Just tell me where I can find these ancient warriors.” 

Benimaru shrugged. “Wish I could help you, but I don’t know what you are talking about. However, if you would like to give me your number maybe we can discuss it again at some later date. Maybe even on my yacht.”

C. Viper lowered her glasses. “I’m not into pretty boy useless himbos.”

“What a shame. Then we have nothing left to discuss. If you will excuse me I have some pressing matters of my own to attend to,” said Benimaru. “Good luck on your quest.”

“Don’t lie to me!” C. Viper pulled her left glove down tightly. Electric sparks flickered between her fingers. “You will tell me what you know and you will tell me now one way or another.”

Benimaru smiled. “So you do wanna tussle.” Electric sparks emitted from Benimaru’s hands. “And here you were denying the electricity between us.”

C. Viper frowned in disgust. “I am glad you are choosing to do this the hard way. I am really going to enjoy kicking your face in.”

Interesting match. It's not confirmed, but I think he's resistant enough against electricity for him to to be effected by Viper's gloves. Her flight won't be all that useful as he's too fast to get hit and he can just blast her out of the sky with lightning. Her kicks can do damage, but he can also infuse himself with lightning to give the hurt to her as well. The ground pound would be her best option against him and even then he may wisen up to that and simply stay mobile to avoid them.

I think Beni's winning this one.

Aw, no one rated this match? Sorry I didn't get to it in time myself, but I would've had to do some character research. Good match, though.

Damn yeah this was a solid match. I'd rate it if I could, which I do on all your matches but I just didn't find the time. Weekend was pretty busy for me but that's no excuse, I always want someone's match to be rated. It's just fair.

Anyway, the right fighter won in my opinion. C.Viper is a deadly woman and I wouldn't want to cross her.