Starkiller vs. Wolverine
MATCH SCORE
Starkiller: 5
Wolverine: 3

Match 13865 Bayman vs. Clark Still

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XIV

Christie_doa4.jpg

"Status report?" Victor Donovan bellowed over the cell phone.

Christie looked in the backseat of her car at an unconscious Juni, former Doll of M. Bison.

"On the way to deliver the package to G Corporation as we speak," she replied.

"Any other updates?" asked Donovan.

"I believe we may have lost Billy Kane. He did not return to the hotel after our confrontation with the blonde in the green unitard. (REF: CAMMY WHITE VS. BILLY KANE) She was a tough little firecracker, she must have defeated him," said Christie.

"Is she going to be a problem going forward?"

"No sir. If she tries to interfere again I will personally put her down. Regardless, Kane is replaceable.

I've already got other recruits coming down the pipeline," Christie answered.

"That's what I like to hear."

"Has there been progress on locating the Manji Clan?" asked Christie.

"Yes, they are running out of places to hide. We will find them soon. I am certain of it," Donovan said

confidently. "Meanwhile, there is something else I want you to do."

"Yes?"

"Delivering Juni to G Corporation could be a big help to Kazuya in any upcoming battle with Shadoloo, but I have another move in mind to reward his patience with us that is a little more tangible," said Donovan. "I want you to contact the Ikari Warriors. They are a group of mercenaries led by a gentlemen named Heidern. Although they are assassins for hire, there is a do gooder mentality that seems to be underlying all the missions they take on. I want you to hire them to go after the Mishima Zaibatsu. Create any sob story you like and bring plenty of cash. Once he looks into the Mishima Zaibatsu further, Heidern won't be able to resist putting together a full operation against the shady corporation. Whether or not the Ikari Warriors can actually damage the mighty Mishima Zaibatsu is debatable, but not very important. Their main purpose will be to be a thorn in Jin Kazama's side."

Christie laughed. "Thus hurting another one of Kazuya Mishima's enemies. At this rate, even if you can't deliver the Soul Edge, Kazuya should still hold up his end of the bargain as a thank you for all that we are doing for him."

"I simply want to cover my bases and it will only help us if you succeed in mobilizing the Ikari Warriors," explained Donovan.

"Not a problem."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tumblr_mm1ocsBznf1qmuhxzo1_500.png

Jin Kazama entered his office on an offshore Mishima Zaibatsu research facility accompanied by Nina Williams. A grizzled man sat by his desk waiting for them.

Jin and Nina stayed far enough away from him so that he could not hear them converse. Jin leaned over to Nina. "Who is he?"

"His name is Bayman. He is a mercenary who at one time worked as an assassin for Victor Donovan. He claims to have valuable information that you need to hear," said Nina.

"What does he want in return for this information?"

"He wants you to hire him," answered Nina.

Jin though it over. "I will hear him out. If the information is as valuable as he says, we will put him on the payroll. If it is not....kill him. A message must be sent that my time can not be wasted."

"Understood."

They approached Bayman and sat across from him.

"Go ahead," said Nina.

"I know what Kazuya Mishima is up to. He is after an ancient sword that is supposed to hold great power."

"A sword?" A mix of confusion and intrigue spread across Jin's face.

"How do you know this?" asked Nina.

"Because he is working with my former employer, Victor Donovan," replied Bayman. "I found out about it while I was trying to hunt him and his lapdog."

Nina lifted an eyebrow. "Hunt him? So there is bad blood between you and Donovan?"

"Yes. Instead of paying me with cash for duties rendered, he tried to pay me off with a sniper bullet after I killed Fame Douglas," Bayman said with disgust.

"What else do you know about this sword?" Nina asked.

"Only that one of the participants in your King of the Iron Fist tournament is hiding it," said Bayman.

Jin and Nina exchanged looks. A smile appeared on Nina's face as an idea to the person's identity popped into her head and Jin nodded.

Jin spoke first. "So are you offering to help us collect this sword from under my father's nose while at the same time getting revenge on Victor Donovan?"

"Yes. Exactly."

Jin turned to Nina. "See what parts of his story you can verify."

"I'll make some calls," replied Nina.

Nina left the office and then returned moments later.

"That was too quick," Jin remarked.

"The facility is under attack," informed Nina.

"G Corporation?" Jin wondered.

"They don't look like any G Corporation soldiers I've ever seen," said Nina.

She turned her attention to Bayman. "You want a proper job interview to join the Mishima Zaibatsu? It is waiting downstairs."

"Yes m'am."

Bayman stood up and ran out of the office.

"Now we can see first hand what he can do," said Jin.

Downstairs, Ikari Warriors Clark Still, Ralf Jones, Leona Heidern, and Whip took on every Tekken Force soldier in sight.

"Good teamwork," shouted Clark. "We are going to tear this place apart."

Whip paused after downing another foe to grin at her leader. Bayman descended upon her and knocked her to the ground. He then lifted her up and smashed her into the wall full force.

"You are not welcome here," he declared.

"Whip!" cried Ralf.

"I've got him," Clark announced.

Clark approached Bayman cautiously.

"Where is your uniform at, tough guy?" Clark asked.

"I'm no ordinary soldier," Bayman replied. "To challenge me is to seal your fate."

"Well I've always been stubborn like that," Clark retorted.

Guest Magickal

This is a tough one. They seem pretty evenly matched. Going to go with Clark based on the fact that he is already geared up and in fight mode, so to speak. Nice match.

Bayman is one of my favorite people to play in Dead or Alive. I'll be saying that about most of the Dead or Alive people because Dead or Alive is one of my favorite 3D fighting game. I don't remember playing with Clark or even fighting against him which means he must not be that impressive. Therefore, I'm voting for Bayman.

Good set-up, Johnny, and this also appears to be another tough matchup. 

Both Clark and Bayman appears to super-strong and highly-skilled mercenaries, so it may be a wash in both those regards. I think I'm going to leave this one up to those that know these characters a bit better than I. 

Have the duration of matches increased recently?

Nah, Fox is just updating the CBUB again, so he may have "frozen" Callisto for the time being. Here's the topic on the matter: 

http://www.electricferret.com/forum/index.php/topic/31338-cbub-changes-for-consideration/