Tournament - MST3K vs. Athena (Tomorrowland)
MATCH SCORE
MST3K: 4
Athena (Tomorrowland): 0

Rumble 20540 Oroku Hiroto vs. Samael vs. Kim Minsu
MATCH SCORE
Oroku Hiroto: 0
Samael: 1
Kim Minsu: 3

Rumble 20539 Whitespikes vs. The Xenomorphs
MATCH SCORE
Whitespikes: 0
The Xenomorphs: 3

Cameron Poe vs. Castor Troy
MATCH SCORE
Cameron Poe: 3
Castor Troy: 0

Raphael (Mirage) vs. Ken Masters
MATCH SCORE
Raphael (Mirage): 4
Ken Masters: 6

Match 15643 Kokoro vs. Ganryu

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LXXXXI

Leifang.jpg.24a6db67994b1284dcbae4ddf4b2b92a.jpg

On the helipad of the Freedom Survivor cruise liner amidst a hellacious thunderstorm, the fight between Lei Fang and Li Xiangfei raged on.  (REF: Lei Fang vs. Li Xiangfei)  After successfully blocking some of Li Xiangfei’s hand strikes, Lei Fang unleashed a high angle front kick to stagger her opponent. Lei Fang then faced out her palms and placed them side by side. She shoved both of her hands with velocity into the chest of Xi Liangfei. The resulting force pushed back Liangfei several feet and the back of her head cracked into the side of the helicopter. Liangfei’s limp body then fell to the ground.

“You need better kung fu,” Lei Fang declared.  

She then bent over to check on Zack. “You ok?”

Zack sat up and felt a large welt on the back of his bald head. “What the hell was that?”

“From the looks of her I don’t think she was a regular member of Helena’s security. But, we don’t have time for that right now. We have to help Jann and Makoto they….”

Leifang looked off in the distance to see Jann Lee and Makoto finish off the last remnants of Bonne Jenet’s pirates.

“Oh nevermind,” stated Leifang. “It looks like they have everything under control. It looks like you can relax for a minute.”

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day,” said Zack.

Leifang extended her hand down to Zack to help him stand up on his feet,

Soon after, more DOATEC security arrived on the helipad, accompanied by the head of DOATEC herself, Helena Douglas.

“I am sorry for the less than hospitable welcome you all received. It has been,,, a bit crazy for the last several hours. (REF: HITOMI VS. KASUMI TODOH)  Regardless, it is good to see all your faces again,” Helena announced with a smile. “Please come down to the suites and take a load off. I know it was a long trip for all of you, especially you Zack. I am sure our accommodations can more than make up for a horrible first impression.”

Zack chuckled to himself. Luxury accommodations would be a nice change of pace after his seemingly never ending helicopter recruitment tour. “I don’t mind if I do.”

DOATEC security lifted Xi Liangfei to her feet and placed her in handcuffs before leading her away to be locked up alongside Kasumi Todoh. Xi Liangfei had the same blank expression as Kasumi Todoh after she regained consciousness and did not answer any questions. Following Helena’s orders, Xi Liangfei and Kasumi Todoh were kept in cells separate from Shermie. Despite all the setbacks so far, Helena was hopeful she could get Shermie to open up to her about what she knows.

There were still a few hours of night left before the morning. Helena instructed everyone to get some rest. The recruitment period was over. 

When morning arrived, the treacherous thunderstorm that had rocked the high seas, since even before Bonne Jenet’s attack (REF: BONNE JENET VS. CERVANTES DE LEON), had dissipated. Along with the sun, the morning brought new arrivals onto the Freedom Survivor cruise liner. 

The first of the arrivals was the return of Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, and El Fuerte. They had brought Pai Chan with them. (REF: GEN VS. GEN FU) Helena greeted them warmly. Paul and Law responded to this by doing a horrible job of hiding their shame for having misled Miss Douglas 

“I just want to apologize about the mixup for our recruitment of Lei Wulong,” Marshall Law offered.  (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. LAU CHAN)

Unbeknownst to Law and Paul, Helena had not really had any time to consider their motives or even realized that they had lied to her.  (REF: HELENA DOUGLAS VS. SHERMIE) She was just happy to see familiar faces. “Do not worry about it. Detective Wulong is on board now, I appreciate your assistance.”

“Still, we wanted to make it up to you,” Paul insisted. “So we brought along Chinese movie star and all around kick ass kung fu lady, Pai Chan.”

Paul gestured his hands at Pai Chan like he was presenting Helena with a new car.

“It is wonderful to see you again, Pai Chan,” said Helena.

Pai Chan bowed respectfully. “Likewise.”

“Wait a minute, you two know each other?” asked Law.

“Why yes, Pai Chan was invited to participate in the fifth Dead or Alive tournament and had quite the impressive showing,” Helena explained.

“It was a great chance to test my abilities against a different group of fighters then I am usually used to,” Pai Chan added.

A member of DOATEC security approached Helena and whispered something in her ear.

“Excuse me, my darlings. I have some unexpected guests to attend to. I will have someone show you to your rooms and you can meet the rest of the team.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ganryu-tekken5dr-story-artwork3.jpg.1163e7527f38f4ef08afbeb04d4127e6.jpg

Helena made her way over to another landing strip where she came across a couple of faces she had not met before, but looked familiar. They were surrounded by DOATEC security.

“Hello, my name is Helena Douglas and this is my ship. I don’t recall inviting either of you. Who are you?” she inquired.

A spunky young woman with a midriff revealing yellow top and a blue skirt spoke up first. 

“Hi, I am Josie Rizal. I don’t mean to be presumptuous but I heard through the grapevine someone was looking for fighters from the King of the Iron Fist tournament and then bringing them to this luxurious cruise liner. I participated in that tournament and I didn’t want to miss out on what I assume would be a great party, so I arranged to be dropped off here.”

The large sumo behind Josie then spoke up. “News of you tracking down King of the Iron Fist fighters also reached me, so I just wanted to make myself available to help in any way I can. My name is Ganryu.”

Relief and excitement washed over Helena’s face. “Ah, that is why you both look familiar, I read your files. Welcome to the Freedom Survivor. Did you two travel here together?”

Josie shook her head no, she then leaned in to whisper to Helena. “He is a major weirdo, and I try to avoid being around weirdos as much as possible.”

“As luck would have it, we just arrived here at the same time,”  explained Ganryu.

“Well I am glad that you both decided to make the trip. We can use all the help we can get,” stated Helena.

“So there is no party?” asked Josie.

“Unfortunately, that is not why I wanted to gather you all here,” Helena replied.  “First things first, are either of you familiar with Yoshimitsu?”

“Another weirdo,” Josie whispered.

Ganryu gritted his teeth. “He is a no good thief, he stole from me at the original King of the Iron Fist tournament. Although, I have not interacted with him much in the recent tournaments.”

Helena sighed. “Disappointing. Although I also remember from your file that you once worked as Kazuya Mishima’s bodyguard.”

“Yes. But, that is all in the past now. I am reformed,” Ganryu insisted.

“Glad to hear it. I am hoping you might be able to give us some insight into the man, seeing as we will no doubt be crossing paths with him,” stated Helena.

“I’ll do what I can,” Ganryu promised.

“Excellent. I will have some members of DOATEC show you both around. I am expecting a few more arrivals today before we can officially begin. I bid you adieu.”

A few members of DOATEC security walked with Ganryu and Josie Rizal to show them where their rooms were located. Josie soon split from the group to track down Asuka Kazama.

Once left alone, Ganryu began his mission. He justified it to himself that he wasn’t returning to a life of crime. He was simply relaying information for a huge amount of money. Victor Donovan had initially hired Ganryu to help recruit for Kazuya’s mission to find Soul Edge. Ganryu failed to enlist Taka Arashi but he did manage to defeat the larger sumo after he had insulted Ganryu, (REF: GANRYU VS. TAKA ARASHI)  Now, Victor had sent Ganryu to board the Freedom Survivor for reconoscence. The head of MIST knew that Helena Douglas was tracking him and Kazuya and he wanted to know what information she was working with. Victor viewed Ganryu as a way in and offered him a hefty sum of money to complete the task. With this money, Ganryu could ensure that his beloved Julia Chang’s reforestation project would be fully funded. She had been working hard to fund her passion through social media and the wrestling circuit (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG), but she had a long way to go. Ganryu fully believed that with this money he could be her hero. This one all encompassing thought allowed him to block out any other moral qualms with his objective. Just the thought of Julia brought a smile to his face, he hoped she was doing well. (REF: ANGEL (KOF) VS. JULIA CHANG)

Ganryu wandered his way around the cruise liner until he found the executive offices. Helena was nowhere in sight as she was still on the deck greeting the last remaining arrivals to the Freedom Survivor. Security also was a little lighter than Ganryu had expected due to the recent storm and pirate attack. Ganryu pulled out the recording equipment he had been using to do his own YouTube videos just like dear Julia. He recorded anything he thought might be relevant while constantly looking over his shoulder.

A short distance away, Helena’s half sister and geisha in training, Kokoro, was also traversing around the executive offices. She was in search of Helena. Kokoro had been reading up all night on the Mishima family and the cursed devil gene. She wasn’t sure if the devil gene was the thing that had infected her friend, Aoi Umenokouji, but it sure appeared demonic. (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) Kokoro noticed Ganryu and took note of his erratic behavior. It took her a moment to recognize Ganryu from one of Kazuya’s pictures. She was immediately suspicious of him.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

Ganryu quickly hid his recording device behind his back. “Nothing. Nothing at all. Just walking around. It’s a really big ship.”

“What kind of video are you making?” Kokoro inquired.

“Just taking in the sights. They don’t have anything fancy like this back in Hawaii,” said Ganryu.

“May I see it?”

“No. It’s very personal to me,” stated Ganryu.

Kokoro cut to the chase. “You’re lying! There is nothing exciting to be filming in this office area. You are a spy! You are spying for Kazuya Mishima! I’m calling security.”

“No!” shouted Ganryu. “I can’t let you do that. I need this and I won’t let anyone take it from me.”

I’m going with Ganryu for this matchup. I’m seeing him getting in close and making great use of his heavy strikes and rapid to cause greater damage to Kokoro then she’ll be able to return. Koko’s mid range game has never been strong in my opinion, so sadly she won’t be able to survive a close quarter fight with Ganryu.

@JohnnyChany

I have been a big fan of your fighting game crossover matches for a while now, you’ve done such an amazing job in writing such a great storyline that ties all these matches together. I’ve been keeping track of this series since King vs Leo and I hope I get to see where it eventually leads to. Keep being great Johnny!

On 1/5/2021 at 11:24 PM, Pizza Guy said:

@JohnnyChany

I have been a big fan of your fighting game crossover matches for a while now, you’ve done such an amazing job in writing such a great storyline that ties all these matches together. I’ve been keeping track of this series since King vs Leo and I hope I get to see where it eventually leads to. Keep being great Johnny!

Thanks. I really appreciate that. Wow, King vs. Leo was way back. I was churning them out pretty quickly for awhile I would like to get back to that.