MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Match 14942 Bonne Jenet vs. Cervantes de Leon

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LVII

27714414313b2a5a1ac58ebd8f255583ba54a0a05d6d1b7f07323fddc01b39a1_thumb.jpeg.9cbfbe26a31a8878ff97ce4fe1bb7772.jpeg

As her chopper landed aboard the Freedom Survivor cruise-liner, Shermie replayed the conversation with Urien of the Secret Society she had, after they left Vice and Mature, in her head. (REF: SARAH BRYANT VS. MATURE)

“You are going to work for DOATEC as a personal assistant to Helena Douglas,” Urien said. “The Society has already got you in. It was an easy sell. You are both fighters that come from the French Upper Class. The parallels intrigued Helena almost instantly. The Society was able to expunge from your file some of the more noteworthy events involving you during the King of the Fighters tournament including your suicide and your connection to Orochi.” Urien paused to make sure Shermie was paying attention to him underneath her long bangs. “Listen, the Secret Society thinks they are putting you there to keep tabs on Douglas and the DOATEC. But, in actuality your mission is to undermine Helena at every turn. She is gathering a small army to try and stop us from unearthing Soul Edge. (REF: SERGEI DRAGUNOV VS. GUILE) We can’t allow that to happen.”

Urien pulled one of Shermie’s hands and placed on her palm a black pouch. “These are some tiny fragments of Soul Edge given to me in a trade by an ex associate. (REF: MAI SHIRANUI VS. TIRA) I have already tried a few out and they do a great job at infecting any potential target with rage. (REF: KOKORO VS. AOI UMENOKOUJI) Turn Helena’s army against itself and that should give us all the time we require to get the job done.”

Shermie jostled the pouch in her hand as her mind returned to the present. She stepped off the chopper to find that Helena Douglas, herself, was waiting for her.

Helena offered a smile and her hand for a greeting. “What a pleasure it is to finally meet you Shermie. Before we continue, I must tell you that I was a big fan of yours when you were a fashion designer. I still own a few of your designs. Why ever did you stop?”

Shermie blushed and smiled in return. “You know how it is? Once you catch that bug to want to fight everything else kind of gets put on hold.”

“Oh don’t I know it. Do you still fight?”  asked Helena. “I haven’t seen any records of you in a King of Fighters tournament in quite some time.”

“The King of Fighters tournament turned out to be quite different than I expected it to be There were a lot of sinister forces right underneath the surface,” said Shermie.

Helena nodded. “Unfortunately, that seems to be the case for most of the martial arts tournaments around the world. I would love to tell you the Dead or Alive tournaments do not have their own dark secrets lurking underneath, but that would simply be untrue.”

“After finding out the King of Fighters dark secrets, I lost all motivation to want to continue participating in it.”

“I can understand that.” Helena motioned to a door in the distance. “Shall we?”

Helena Douglas and Shermie walked through the vast hallways of the luxury cruise-liner and Shermie tried to get a good feel for her new surroundings.

“So what made you decide that you wanted to take this job?” Helena asked.

“A chance to peek behind the curtain of another well known fighting tournament. See if that old spark might once again return,” Shermie answered.

“I hope it does. But, first thing is first, you know what the job is currently right?”

“The description was a little vague, but it entailed recruitment and knowledge of the fighting world,” said Shermie.

“Yes. I don’t know if you are familiar with any fighters from the King of the Iron Fist tournament, but that is who we have been tracking down. This may require you to dig back to some old King of Fightgers contacts, would you be ok with that?” Helena inquired.

“Yes, If that is what is needed for the job. May I ask for something to drink before going down that rabbit hole? Perhaps some Domaine Leroy Musigny Grand Cru?” Shermie requested.

Helena’s face lit up at the sound of the ridiculously expensive French wine. “Absolutely. I will have some brought to us immediately, and we can really delve into the mission at hand. As gracious and as helpful as Chun-Li has been from the  beginning (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI), it is nice to finally have someone else on board cut from the same cloth.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bjenet.jpg.8d776055f37676e521066afcd016f0fe.jpg

Not far away, another wealthy European tournament fighter made her way across the ocean on a fancy pirate ship. The Freedom Survivor was her target.

Bonne Jenet, the ship’s captain, was approached by a large member of her Lillien Knights. “We are getting close now. Are you sure you still want to do this?”

“Without a doubt in my mind,” B. Jenet replied sharply. “Stealing from that uppity priss, Helena Douglas, will be the highlight of the year.”

“That cruise-liner is massive and I am sure her DOATEC security will be out in full force,” he warned.

“The fact that it is so massive can work to our advantage. If we can get close enough by raft, we can probably board it without even being detected. I feel like now is the perfect time. There is definitely some event going on that ship that is preoccupying their time. (REF: LISA HAMILTON VS. JULIA CHANG) They have been idle at sea for awhile now,” Bonne Jenet explained. 

“You really think it is the perfect time, even with a storm coming in?”

“Even more distractions we can exploit,” Bonne Jenet insisted.

The two were interrupted by a portly member of the crew as he stumbled his way into the captain’s chambers.

“Horrible news,” he announced. “Another pirate ship is coming right at us on the starboard side.”

“Another pirate ship?” B. Jenet repeated.

The portly pirate nodded.

“Are they firing at us?” B. Jenet asked.

“No. Their lone objective appears to be to smack right into us,” he answered.

“How long before a collision?” asked the Lillien Knight.

The entire ship shook as the last word left his mouth. He and B. Jenet stumbled back. The portly pirate fell on his backside. “I would say now.”

“This is impossible. How could they get so close without anyone noticing?” B. Jenet said angrily.

She left her quarters and screamed orders into the air. They were almost immediately drowned out by shouts of fighting and threats of violence. Chaos erupted everywhere on her ship as she tried to get a good look at the invaders.

One invader stood out amongst the rest. He took on a few Lillien Knights by himself and cut them down with two massive swords. His skin was purple and he had no pupils in his eyes. He appeared to neither be alive nor dead.

“Where is the captain?” he shouted.

“I am here,” B. Jenet declared.

Cervantes De Leon scoffed at her appearance. “A wee missy like you is the captain of this ship?”

“That’s right. And you have no business attacking my ship and my crew,” B. Jenet insisted.

“Aye, but I do have business here. I require your vessel to help me take down that steel beast up ahead,” said Cervantes.

B. Jenet assumed he was referring to the Freedom Survivor.

“After all these years, I can sense some small fragment of Soul Edge emanating from that massive thing which means Soul Edge is returning, which means the time is right for it to be mine once again,” stated Cervantes.

“I have no idea what you are talking about, but you still haven’t told me what this has to do with me and my ship,” said B. Jenet.

“I want to attack that thing from both sides. To do that requires two ships,” Cervantes explained.

“Well, you can’t have this one!” 

“I wasn’t asking!”

“Then we fight for her. No one else needs to get hurt. Just you and me, captain versus captain,” said B. Jenet.

Cervantes smiled. “I accept.”

“If you think I am intimidated by your swords or your Halloween makeup then you are sorely mistaken,” stated B. Jenet.

“If you were a smart girl, you would be terrified.”

Mmm... I'm gonna go with Cervantes on this one. Bonne Jenet seems to be the kind of girl who uses her feminine wiles and her aero abilities to get one over her opponents, but knowing Cervantes... Yeah, he is definitely someone not to toy with, which I think Jenet will make the mistake in doing. Cervantes likely will ultimately kill her.

Another good set-up, Johnny.

Yeah, after looking up both fighters, I doubt B. Jenet could fare too well against the main antagonists of most fighting games, let alone the one that's one of the most experienced characters in seeking out the weapon that just about everyone in this story arc's been after. B. Jenet's probably a good fighter and all, but she seems at least as concerned about riches as anything else and at 19, she might be relatively inexperienced in combat compared to Cervantes. I seriously doubt she's gonna be able to flirt her way to a win here.

I did not expect this at all.  Soul Calibur characters don't appear to get much respect. I'm not sure how many Soul Calibur characters I have used so far, but its alot,  and I can only think of three that have won.

But, as SSJRuss noted, this means Bonne Jenet gets to continue on in the story.

17 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

I did not expect this at all.  Soul Calibur characters don't appear to get much respect. I'm not sure how many Soul Calibur characters I have used so far, but its alot,  and I can only think of three that have won.

But, as SSJRuss noted, this means Bonne Jenet gets to continue on in the story.

Maybe you could have Bonne Jenet make Cervantes submit and he has to agree to work under her as crew or something. Then they can attack the Freedom Survivor together.