MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Match 14314 Marshall Law vs. Lau Chan

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXVII

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/wallpapers/118723/lei-wulong-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

At a trendy diner in Los Angeles, an intense battle between Lucky Glauber and Zack ended with a spinning kick from Lucky Glauber sending Zack reeling into a booth and toppling it over. (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK) Hitomi and Kokoro gasped.

"I'm calling the fight right now," said Makoto. She walked over to Lucky. "Okay you got what you wanted. You kicked his butt in front of all of us. Now keep your part of the deal, because right now my pilot probably has a swollen left eye thanks to you and when I agreed to go on this journey (REF: FEI LONG VS. JANN LEE) it wasn't so that I could get stranded in Los Angeles of all places."

"Oh yeah, of course," replied Lucky. He looked at the messy pile where Zack still resided and smiled. "I have access to a small jet that the fellas and I like to take around. It's not fancy or anything, but it gets us where we want to go and has plenty of space inside."

"Good enough for me," said Makoto.

Kokoro looked around. "Where is Kasumi? Did anyone see where she went?"

Everyone looked around, but Kasumi was nowhere to be found.

"Wait a minute. Didn't she come to us for help?" Makoto remarked. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) "Why would she leave us high and dry?"

"In all my experiences with the Mugen Tenshin shinobi, they have never been slow or patient. Perhaps she felt we were taking too much time with this silly fight. She seemed really worried about Ein... I mean Hayate," said Hitomi.

"We should follow her example then and get moving," said Kokoro. "I hope she is being careful."

Jann Lee walked over to Lucky and patted him on the back. "Those were some nice moves you had. I don't have any sway with the DOATEC, but if I did, I would tell them to put you in the Dead or Alive tournament. At the very least you could have Zack's spot."

"I heard that," Zack called out from the rubble. "He just caught me off guard that's all. Is anyone going to come over and help me up?"

"Where are you guys off to?" Lucky asked.

"We are gathering strong fighters to do battle against evil men who are in search for an old item said to have great power," answered Kokoro. (REF: KARIN KANZUKI VS. LILI ROCHEFORT)

"Would you mind if I tag along?" asked Lucky. "These days there isn't much for me to do around here."

"I don't see why not," Hitomi chimed in. "The more the merrier as long as there is room enough in your jet."

Zack slowly gathered himself and returned to his feet. He rubbed his eye. "This thing better be as spacious as you say, because I want to be as far away from you as possible."

Kokoro and Hitomi giggled.

Out on the ocean waters, Chun Li walked in the cabin of the grand ship, Freedom Survivor, with Hong Kong detective, Lei Wulong. Helena Douglas stopped looking over her map with Asuka Kazama as soon as they entered.

"That was incredibly fast," Helena said in shock. "I did not think Paul and Law would return with you so quickly. Welcome to the Freedom Survivor, Detective Wulong."

Lei shook her hand with a confused expression on his face. "Paul and Law? Are you referring to Paul Phoenix and Marshall Law? Was I supposed to meet them somewhere?"

"There has been some misunderstanding," said Chun Li. "I used my contacts at Interpol to track down Detective Wulong. I even arranged for the transport to your ship. I was actually a little proud that I was finally successful at recruiting someone."

"Really? Mr. Law and Mr. Phoenix told me that they had tracked you down and offered to go pick you up with El Fuerte in one of the other DOATEC helicopters," explained Helena.

"I have not had contact with either one," said Lei.

Helena tapped her finger on the table. "How peculiar. Why would they lie?"

Asuka rolled her eyes. "I knew those money hungry morons couldn't be trusted."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfxtk/images/l_paul01.jpg

Paul Phoenix, Marshall Law, and El Fuerte walked through the streets of northern China.

"Amigo, I thought you said you could fly a helicopter. I thought we were going to die in a crashing landing," El Fuerte scolded.

"I said I took some flying classes when I got my motorcycle license," Paul corrected. "But I.. uh never actually finished them."

"Idiota!" El Fuerte cried.

"Relax mask man, we are all in one piece, aren't we?" said Paul.

"I don't know how I let you two talk me into this," El Fuerte lamented.

"When we met in Las Vegas you told me you would take me to meet Lau Chan," said Law. (REF: PAUL PHOENIX VS. BALROG) "Now is our chance."

"I feel like we just ditched everyone," said El Fuerte.

"Nonsense. We are just taking a detour. The world isn't going to end tomorrow, and if it does I want to say that I've met Lau Chan," Law stated.

"Still, it felt bad lying to Helena. She has been muy nice to me," said El Fuerte.

"It will be alright. We have built up some goodwill with them already," Law reassured. "I thought Chun Li was going to kiss Paul after he knocked out that Balrog guy." (REF: ASUKA KAZAMA VS. SAKURA KASUGANO)

Paul Phoenix blushed.

Marshall Law continued, "They have plenty of fighters with them right now, and we will be back before the final curtain raises on whatever fight lies ahead."

"You really think she wanted to kiss me?" asked Paul.

"If we don't get back there with Lei Wulong, the only thing you'll be kissing, amigo, is one of her crazy kicks," said El Fuerte.

Paul stopped in his tracks. "In that case, we'll definitely make it back in time. And it shouldn't be too hard to find out where Lei Wulong is once we are finished here. Just like Law said, this is just a detour. It was kind of boring doing nothing on that ship anyway. But there is no way we are going to miss a big fight."

El Fuerte pointed to Lau Chan's restaurant. "We have arrived!"

"I'm a little nervous. I've wanted to meet him for so long," Law remarked.

The three men entered the establishment and searched out Lau Chan. They found him in the kitchen inspecting some entrees.

"El Fuerte, I haven't seen you in ages. What brings you to this side of the world?" asked Lau.

"I have made some new friends and one was dying to meet you," El Fuerte replied.

Marshall Law bowed in front of Lau Chan. "My name is Marshall Law and it is a great honor to meet you, Lau Chan, the most successful fighting chef in the world."

Lau looked over to El Fuerte. "Another culinary warrior?"

El Fuerte nodded. Lau smiled benevolently at Marshall Law.

"Marshall Law what can I help you with?"

"I just want a little bit of your time, so that I can pick your brain and hopefully come up with some ideas to help out my own restaurant," said Law.

"I see. Follow me." Lau Chan led Marshall Law to the back of the restaurant.

"I hope he can do it," said El Fuerte.

"Do what?" asked Paul.

"Lau Chan is an award winning chef, but he will only give out his recipes if you defeat him battle. I have never been able to do it. I agreed to bring Law to him in hopes that Law could, and maybe I could get Lau's recipes from Law," El Fuerte explained.

"Man, you guys take your cooking seriously," said Paul.

"Si. I've also heard that Lau Chan may be ill and is looking for a successor to his Tiger Swallow Fist Koen-Ken style. If Law does well against him he could gain more than just items on a menu."

Guest Pizzaguy

Since no one seems to be defending Law I guess it is up to me, Law is twice as young as Lau and in his prime, while some may argue that Lau is more experienced, do not forget that Law has fought in every Tekken tournament except the third one and each time he has made it near the top fighting a variety of different fighters, so I think it's safe to say Law is pretty experienced too. So if both fighters have much experience fighting but one is in his prime and the other isn't, who do ya'll honestly think will win? Law wins this fight