Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Match 14550 Kokoro vs. Aoi Umenokouji

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXXIX

hqdefault.jpg

Zack, Lucky Glauber, Kokoro, Hitomi, Jann Lee, and Makoto all left the Los Angeles diner together and traveled to where Lucky had access to a private jet. (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. LAU CHAN) Zack's mind raced as he tried to come up with an idea to get himself out of this situation. He did not want to abandon Helena Douglas and his job, but he could not stand the idea of traveling in close quarters with the man who beat him in public in front of several of his Dead or Alive peers. (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK)

Suddenly, an idea came to Zack and he was a little ashamed that it had not occurred to him immediately.

"As simple as it would be to travel all together, I'm pretty sure Helena does not want me to just leave the company helicopter in Los Angeles," Zack announced.

Lucky Glauber and Jann Lee both looked skeptical.

"So what do you think we should do?" asked Kokoro.

"Well now that the ninjas have been spoken for. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN) That only leaves one person left on my list. Leifang," said Zack. "I suggest we split up in to two groups. One will go with me in the chopper to pick up Leifang and the other group will travel with Lucky in his jet straight to the Freedom Survivor ship."

"How will we decide the groups?" Hitomi wondered.

"Everyone is free to choose which way they want to go," replied Zack.

"Great. In that case, I am going with Lucky," Jann Lee decided.

"I should have mentioned before, that everyone is free to choose but you, my man. It is a widely known fact that Leifang has a bit of a crush on you or some other bizarre hangup. I'm sure she would follow you anywhere. I'm going to need you to come with me to help recruit her to our cause," Zack explained.

Jann Lee shook his head in disappointment.

Hitomi chuckled. "With Jann around, you won't need me to convince Leifang. I'll go back to the ship with Lucky."

Kokoro glanced over to Zack. "Would you be offended if I went with them? I have had a wonderful time being your co-pilot (REF: TINA ARMSTRONG VS. WOLF HAWKFIELD, FENG WEI VS. GEN FU, MAKOTO VS. YURI SAKAZAKI, FEI LONG VS. JANN LEE) but I am a little travel weary."

"Not at all. Make sure to keep Lucky in line when you guys reach the Freedom Survivor. I don't want him embarrassing us in front of Helena," said Zack.

Makoto"˜s eyes moved from Jann Lee to Zack. "I guess I should go with you two guys to make sure you don't end up in a fight or something."

"You don't have to feel pressure or obligated to babysit us," Jann said with a smile. "We can play nice to get the job done."

"It's no pressure," Makoto replied. "I don't get out of the Tosa region of Japan too often. I would not want to miss this opportunity to see more of the world."

"That settles it," stated Zack.

"We will see you guys soon aboard the Freedom Survivor with Leifang," said Kokoro.

Zack smirked in Lucky's direction. "Wish us luck, Lucky. With our luck latley, we might need it."

Lucky did not respond. Zack, Jann Lee, and Makoto bid farewell to the rest of the group and walked in the opposite direction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/a6uRvm4U-kk/hqdefault.jpg

Lucky's jet was finally in sight for him, Kokoro, and Hitomi.

"How can you guys associate with someone like that?" asked Lucky.

"Who? Zack?" responded Hitomi. "He has his flaws, but he is mostly harmless."

"When he is focused and has his priorities right he is quite the skilled fighter as well," Kokoro added.

"In truth, we are doing this more out of respect for Helena than respect for Zack. Not to mention it has all the makings of a great adventure and the chance to stop some real evil in this world," Hitomi informed. (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI)

Several yards away from the jet, Aoi Umenokouji stood motionless with her gaze firmly fixed on Lucky Glauber and the two Dead or Alive competitors. There was a bizzare orange tint to her eyes.

A voice whispered in her ear, "There they are. The allies to those responsible for the decimation of your village. If you don't stop them here, who knows what kind of destruction they will bring upon some peaceful town."

The orange tint in Aoi's eyes intensified. "I must stop them. I will stop them!" she declared.

The voice continued in her ear. "Be careful, these villains are tricksters. They will try to weaken your resolve by claiming their innocence. You must resist their mind games."

Aoi nodded. The man who had been whispering to her stepped back into the shadows. Aoi started to walk toward the jet. Her mind was clouded. She could not remember much about the last few weeks, only the attack on her village and being rescued by a man with white hair. Her confusion only added to her frustration and anger. Aoi would not allow these people to do to someone else what they had done to her.

Near the jet, Lucky Glauber bent over to pick up some bags as Hitomi and Kokoro chatted. Without warning, Aoi pounced on him from behind and proceeded to savagely beat down the basketball loving fighter. Her eyes glowed with every strike.

"Hey you! Get off him!" Hitomi demanded.

Kokoro squinted. "Aoi? Is that you?"

Aoi stopped for a moment.

Hitomi looked over to Kokoro. "You know that lunatic girl."

"I hung out with Akira Yuki for a few days after he participated in the last Dead or Alive tournament. He was such a dedicated fighter. He introduced me to Aoi Umenokouji who was his childhood friend and fellow martial artist," explained Kokoro. She approached Aoi. "Aoi, it is me, Kokoro. Remember. Akira introduced us and we had tea. What are you doing here and why are you attacking our friend?"

Aoi's eyes cleared up. "Kokoro?" The orange tint quickly returned. "No! You are trying to deceive me. It will not work."

"Aoi, what happened to you? Why are your eyes orange? Who did this to you?"

"Be quiet!" Aoi screamed.

"I think we should take her down," Hitomi suggested.

"No. Let me handle this. I don't want to hurt her more than I have to. She needs our help," said Kokoro.

Aoi charged at Kokoro.

"She doesn't look like she wants our help," stated Hitomi.

Guest Magickal

Picking Kokoro who made it to the quarter finals of the fifth DoA tournament. Aoi, on the other hand, seems to always have early exits from the tournaments that she competes in.