Kylo Ren vs. Jacen Solo
MATCH SCORE
Kylo Ren: 2
Jacen Solo: 9

Zurg (Lightyear 2022 movie) vs. The Rancor
MATCH SCORE
Emperor Zurg: 2
The Rancor: 1

Rumble 20574 Vindicator vs. Amelia Voght vs. Bug Pit (King Kong 2005)
MATCH SCORE
Vindicator: 2
Amelia Voght: 1
Bug Pit (King Kong 2005): 1

Match 14406 Ganryu vs. Taka Arashi

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XXXXI

Ryuji_Yamazaki1.jpg

After a prolonged back and forth street fight, Ryuji Yamazaki pulled his knife out of Cody's chest and left the troubled fighter for dead on the floor of the diner outside Metro City. (REF: CODY TRAVERS VS. RYUJI YAMAZAKI) The scared silent patrons and staff did not move as he walked past them.

"Who knew recruiting would be so much fun," Ryuji said to himself. He exited the diner and cleaned the blood off his knife. "Although if I want to get paid I will probably need to produce some live bodies for them to use and not corpses." Ryuji thought it over. "I wonder where I can find some decent villains?"

At that point his phone rang and Christie, the assassin who brought him in to help Victor Donovan and Kazuya Mishima, was on the other end.

"Checking on me already?" Ryuji asked.

"Yeah."

"Nothing great to report. I just had an intriguing prospect turn sour," Ryuji explained.

"Do not worry about it too much. After I completed my last assignment (REF: CHRISTIE VS. LEE CHAOLAN), Victor Donovan instructed me to meet up with you and go after some of the few remaining King of the Iron Fist fighters that remain unaccounted for. (REF: GEN VS. WANG JINREI) He wants us to really shake them up for information about Yoshimitsu and thinks we will be most effective as a team," Christie informed.

"˜"I've never needed help with intimidation, but I am always game for some two on one action," Ryuji replied.

"Excellent." Christie laid out the plan. "We will meet up and go over the targets. We will then take them on in the order of the most likely to give us useful information."

"Sounds good to me." Curiosity struck Ryuji. "Has anyone else been put in charge of recruiting for Donovan? From the sounds of it he has had middling success with you and so far none with myself."

"At one point he told me we had a Sumo wrestler assisting us," said Christie. (REF: LEO KLIESEN VS. KING (ART OF FIGHTING))

"A Sumo wrestler?" Ryuji asked in disbelief.

Christie laughed. "That is the exact same reaction I had. Apparently he was disgraced as a Sumo and worked for a time as a bodyguard for Kazuya Mishima. I imagine that with our reassignment, the duty of recruitment falls on him."

"Better him than me," said Ryuji with relief.

"I do wonder if a sumo wrestler possesses the necessary... charisma to recruit," Christie pondered.

Ryuji cackled. "Who knows. I'm just excited to go crack some skulls."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sumo-match-%E6%9C%AC%E5%A0%B4%E6%89%80-N

Ganryu often dreamed about what he would do with the money he would make helping Kazuya Mishima capture the legendary Soul Edge sword. He would pay off all his gambling debts. More importantly, he would buy a huge house for Julia Chang and help fund her reforestation research. Then she would no longer be able to resist his romantic advances and she would have to accept his marriage proposal. The images in his head brought a smile to his face.

But, at the moment they were still just imagined scenarios. He would have to complete his current tasks to even hope to accomplish them. Ganryu snapped himself back to reality with the somber realization that he had not even yet recruited a single fighter for Kazuya's new associate, Victor Donovan, as he had been ordered to do. If he failed at this simple task there was no way Kazuya would keep him on board.

Ganryu went to recruit in the one place he knew well, the world of Sumo wrestling. He entered a Japanese dojo in search of a man who had some experience taking on fighters from around the world, an undefeated Sumo champion named Taka Arashi.

Arashi eyed Ganryu's approach as he dried off his face with a towel. He greeted Ganryu with a stern expression.

"What are you doing here?" Taka asked. "Why have no business together."

"Excuse me?" said Ganryu.

"I know who you are so do not feel the need to introduce yourself, just leave," Taka stated.

"How can you say something like that?"

Taka pointed at his visitor. "Ganryu, dishonorably discharged from Sumo wrestling for your incessant gambling and immoral fighting style. Then you bring further shame to our noble sport with you dubious criminal activities. I can not think of anything you can say that I would want to hear."

Ganryu frowned. "Who do you think you are talking to? I have been invited to four King of the Iron Fist tournaments and have shown the world the greatness of Sumo. You were invited to one World Martial Arts tournament and did so poorly that you were never invited again. Who exactly is shaming the art of Sumo?"

"Not that it is any of your business, but I will have you know that I was recently invited again," Taka corrected.

"Regardless, unlike Edmund Honda and myself you have been an absolute failure when it comes to showing the world how powerful a Sumo can be," stated Ganryu. He glanced down at his feet and shook his head and then glared hard at Taka Arashi. "I came here with a simple offer for you to truly make something of yourself. You did not even give me a chance before you disrespected me, and I will not be insulted by a one trick pony who could not hack it in a real martial arts tournament."

Taka flew into a furious rage. "I will show you what this one trick pony is capable of!"

You ever seen this guy in action? When Ganryu  really goes to work he is a freaking monster. The other sumo looks looks bigger, but that honestly doesn't matter. Out of all those sumo-wrestling-wanna-be's, Ganryu is the real. He acts like a goof, but honestly that only plays to his advantage. Granted they are both yokozuna level sumo wrestlers, which means they're THE BEST IN THE WORLD (at what they do). And Ganryu was able to achieve this status faster than anyone else in history. The only person able to beat him in the King of Iron Fist Tournament 1 was a ninja with a sword (not fair is you ask me). And honestly, G is an infinity better character than Taka. Ganryu runs around being a goofyass falling in love with every brainy, Native American he meets. As opposed to Taka, who lives in the mountain or something. I don't know. Ganryu, easy.