Rumble 20557 Patrick Bateman vs. Cocaine Bear
MATCH SCORE
Patrick Bateman: 0
Cocaine Bear: 1

Match 14907 Seong Mi-na vs. Momiji

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LV

ffe65314953522b33a379632c0263b33_-united-states-pennsylvania-bucks-county-quakertown-783429-johns-plain-fancy-dinerhtm.thumb.jpg.dc49cd2e39f9640891abef4726a6f58b.jpg

The kunoichi, Kasumi, looked on with disappointment as the fashionable diner where she currently stood was being destroyed by a fight between Zack and Lucky Glauber. (REF: LUCKY GLAUBER VS. ZACK) The destruction did not disappoint her, but rather the ease in which these potential allies were distracted from dealing with the looming threat at hand. Jann Lee, Kokoro, Hitomi, and Makoto were also unsuspecting bystanders to this bizarre brawl, but remained transfixed on it due to sheer curiosity. (REF: MARSHALL LAW VS. LAU CHAN)

“Kasumi!”

Kasumi turned to find her friend, Momiji, had come into the diner.

“Master Ryu requests that you return with me right away.”

“But, he is the one who sent me here to recruit potential allies from the Dead or Alive tournaments,” said Kasumi. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN)

“Things have changed. He believes he may have found the location of the sword. Or at the very least a good lead,” Momiji explained. (REF: AYANE VS. KUNIMITSU)

Kasumi nodded her head. “We will go at once.”

Kasumi turned back to the fight still in progress. She thought of trying to persuade Jann Lee, Kokoro, Hitomi, and Makoto to come with them. But, she decided not to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

539051-175px_ryuhayabusa.jpg.dcabdde699830544837a4d96bac5e88d.jpg

Chizuru, Benimaru, Kyo, and Maki ran as quickly as they could through the forest while carrying bodies on their shoulders. They reached a clearing and Chizuru called for a break.

“We must rest here for a moment,” she declared.

The group placed down the bodies of Viola, Z.W.E.I., and Talim. Benimaru leaned the injured Ryo Sakazaki against a tree.

“Where are we going to go?” asked Kyo.

“We must find a safe space to finish our sealing ritual,” said Chizuru.

“Does anyone know their way around here? Right now it feels like we are running around aimlessly,” said Maki.

“There was an old war bunker out here that I saw when we first traveled to this location. That is our target,” Chizuru explained.

A black clad ninja approached them from the trees.

“Now what?” Benimaru spit with frustration. He lifted his fists to fight.

“I did not come here to fight. Only to confirm what I have been sensing,” Ryu Hayabusa assured.

Kyo was dubious. “And what have you been sensing, ninja?”

“Something that I thought might lead me to find the evil sword, Soul Edge,” answered Ryu.

“What is your intent here?” Chizuru questioned.

“To keep that wretched thing from re-entering the world of man,” Ryu replied.

“Then help us,”  Maki pleaded. “Because that is what we are trying to do.”

“My guess is that what you have been sensing is the shards of Soul Edge embedded in a group of ancient warriors  The shards grow stronger as they come closer together,” Chizuru explained. She pointed at Viola, Z.W.E.I., and Talim. “Those are three of them right there. Our mission is to seal them up so that it will be impossible for the Soul Edge to regain all of its power.” (REF: RYO SAKAZAKI VS. AKIRA YUKI)

“And leave them sealed permanently?” Ryu questioned.

“Until the evil sword is dealt with at the very least,” Chizuru replied.

“They had already started the ritual when we were interrupted by three of their allies. One of ours stayed behind after giving us a head start to escape,” said Benimaru.  (REF: ATHENA ASAMIYA VS. CHAI XIANGHUA

“I doubt Athena can take all three of them by herself. It was a mistake for all of us to leave her there,” stated Kyo.

“There is a heavy load to carry, and it was her decision,” Chizuru said.

Ryo called out from his crouched position against a tree trunk. He grasped his injured leg. “I am the one that is slowing you down. Leave me here, I will find a way.”

“Like hell we will,” Maki responded.

Ryu Hayabusa considered all the information he had just obtained. “When will you restart the sealing ritual?”

“When we reach an old war bunker a few miles from here. We just needed a small rest to build up enough stamina to finish the journey,” Chizuru answered.

Ryu inspected the bodies of Viola, Z.W.E.I., and Talim. The shards of Soul Edge emitted an orange glow from within their skin. He looked around the group of fighters. “Your intent appears to be pure.” 

He reached out and shook the hand of Chizuru. “My name is Ryu Hayabusa. If it is protection you require to finish your ritual, it is protection we will provide.”

Ryu disappeared in a puff of black smoke.

“We?” Benimaru repeated.

Kyo furrowed his brow. “As fortunate as it is to have an ally literally pop up out of nowhere, I don’t know if I trust him.”

“I agree,” said Maki.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eed39e9cc7ec95db166abd8269aab054.jpg.44719bb37c479ff379cef39b5cbfc820.jpg

Taki and Seong Mi Na traversed as quickly as they could through the forest in pursuit of those that had fled the hut.

“There are a lot of them. I wish Kilik and Maxi were here,” said Seong Mi Na. “Perhaps we should have contacted Hilde and Ivy as well.” (REF: HILDEGARD VON KRONE VS. LEONA HEIDERN)

“We will be fine,” Taki insisted. “I was not impressed with their skills from our brief skirmish earlier. When we have completed our objective, we will reach out to the others.”

“Do you think we are gaining on them?” asked Seong Mi Na.

“Yes. It feels like they have stopped.” Taki glanced at the trees that surrounded them. “Let’s get a better vantage point.”

Back at the forest clearing, Chizuru went over to pick up Viola. “I have a gut feeling that Ryu will stick to his word. Just an instinct I have about him. It would be foolish of us not to take advantage of this moment. Is everyone ready to get moving again?” 

A primal yell rang down from the treetops and Seong Mi Na threw down her  Zanbatou to take out Chizuru. A white and red blur zipped through the sky and Seong Mi Na’s  bladed weapon was knocked down by a very similar looking weapon wielded by the Dragon Shrine Maiden, Momiji. 

Momiji flipped around her Heavenly Dragon Naginata and stepped into her fighting stance. “I am here to help.”

Seong Mi Na jumped down and picked up her Zabatou. “You should stay out of this.”

“I can’t do that,” Momiji looked over her shoulder. “You guys can leave now. We have your back.”

Another good one.. and you're using two characters whom I've added YEARS ago to the database.

Psssscht... As skilled as Mi-na is, I would say Momiji definitely has the edge in overall ability, considering that she's got superhuman physicals in terms of speed, reflexes, and striking power-- not to mention, she has been trained by none other than the Dragon Ninja himself, Ryu Hayabusa-- which is a BIG factor here. And she also has some ninpo spells to boot, which I think Mi-na will find very hard to cope. I'm gonna go with Momiji here.

21 hours ago, RakaiThwei said:

Another good one.. and you're using two characters whom I've added YEARS ago to the database.

Psssscht... As skilled as Mi-na is, I would say Momiji definitely has the edge in overall ability, considering that she's got superhuman physicals in terms of speed, reflexes, and striking power-- not to mention, she has been trained by none other than the Dragon Ninja himself, Ryu Hayabusa-- which is a BIG factor here. And she also has some ninpo spells to boot, which I think Mi-na will find very hard to cope. I'm gonna go with Momiji here.

I think I agree. Mi-na wins this 3 out of 10 times. Momiji has fast hands and kicks. She doesn't have as much power to back up her strikes like Mi-na does, but that won't matter when Mi-na's weapon gets knocked away and Momiji gets in close quarters. Momiji beats her in 60 seconds, maybe less.

Another great entry! Any thoughts to adding the Bloody Roar franchise in the future? I know I added some of their characters awhile back. One of my favorite fighters back in the day.

On 9/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, SSJRuss said:

I think I agree. Mi-na wins this 3 out of 10 times. Momiji has fast hands and kicks. She doesn't have as much power to back up her strikes like Mi-na does, but that won't matter when Mi-na's weapon gets knocked away and Momiji gets in close quarters. Momiji beats her in 60 seconds, maybe less.

Another great entry! Any thoughts to adding the Bloody Roar franchise in the future? I know I added some of their characters awhile back. One of my favorite fighters back in the day.

I have never actually heard of Bloody Roar before which is strange because I really like fighting games. I am keeping it between the worlds of Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Dead or Alive, and Virtua Fighter. The only other franchise I thought of using was Mortal Kombat, but that was getting overly convoluted even for me lol. 

2 minutes ago, JohnnyChany said:

I have never actually heard of Bloody Roar before which is strange because I really like fighting games. I am keeping it between the worlds of Soul Calibur, Tekken, Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Dead or Alive, and Virtua Fighter. The only other franchise I thought of using was Mortal Kombat, but that was getting overly convoluted even for me lol. 

You should look it up. Great franchise with solid fighting mechanics.

5 hours ago, JohnnyChany said:

You might also want to look at an old Playstation classic... Ever hear of Battle Arena Toshinden?