Rumble 20577 Baraka vs. Kollector
MATCH SCORE
Baraka: 3
Kollector: 2

Match 14883 Ayane vs. Kunimitsu

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART LII

ryu_hayabusa__kasumi__ayane__hayate_and_momiji_02_by_zyule_ddi2pkq-fullview.jpg.6eea082322139061789e9e90202503d4.jpg

After a final Mugetsu attack, Hayate put down the special operative, Raven. (REF: HAYATE VS. RAVEN)

Hayate massaged a cut above his brow. “I wish you would have been more cooperative. I will have to find the answers myself.”

Hayate searched through Raven’s files and his hand held device. He not only found out what Yoshimitsu was hiding, but also some useful information on Yoshimitsu, himself. Hayate left the underground base to return to his clan.

Hayate’s first act upon rejoining the Mugen Tenshin, was to seek out Ryu Hayabusa. He found the Dragon Ninja standing under a tree with the clan’s Hanjimon sect leder. Ayane, and the Dragon Shrine Maiden, Momiji. Ryu was the first to notice Hayate’s approach

“Were you able to ascertain any information from him?” asked Ryu,

“He is stubborn and proud,” Hayate remarked of Raven. “I sensed much guilt from him over what has transpired, but he was unwilling to ask for help or cooperate with me.”

Ayane smirked and touched a bruise on Hayate’s face. “It looks like he was willing to fight for his pride.”

Hayate nodded.

“So your efforts were fruitless?” Momiji asked.

“Not at all. According to Raven’s data, Victor Donovan and Kazuya Mishima are after an ancient sword called Soul Edge, it is believed to be quite powerful,” Hayate reported.

Ryu recognized the name. “I have heard about that sword before. If the stories are true we must ensure it does not get in the hands of Donovan or Mishima.”

“They are not the only ones in pursuit of the sword. Shadoloo and the Mishima Zaibatsu are also on the hunt,” said Hayate.

“Can one weapon really be that valuable?” Ayane wondered.

“I believe sending Kasumi to gather allies may have been a mistake,” Ryu admitted. “With this many forces at play, I believe our best course of action is not to immediately engage, but rather to find Yoshimitsu before anyone else does.”

“Have you had no luck thus far?” asked Hayate.

Ayane shook her head.

“This should help.” Hayate offered up a dossier he had taken from Raven’s bunker. 

It was information on a fighter from the 2nd King of the Iron Fist tournament, the ninja Kunimitsu. Ryu Hayabusa read over it carefully.

“Formerly of the Manji clan. Last known location is Tokyo. If anyone knows where the Manji may be hiding it would be her.”

Ryu glanced over to Ayane. Ayane lifted a few fingers in front of her hooded face. “Understood. I will find her.” Ayane took the dossier and quickly took her leave.

“Would you like me to go with her?” asked Momiji.

“No. I have another request for you,” Ryu replied. “I have been detecting some strange energy signatures for sometime during my searches in Japan. Now that I know that Soul Edge may be returning, then I believe it would be too coincidental not to be related. The energy was faint at first and scattered, but it is growing. Many of the divergent energies seem to be gathering together in one place in particular now. A rural area of Japan.” (REF: RYO SAKAZAKI VS. AKIRA YUKI)

“Could that be where Yoshimitsu is?” Momiji pondered.

“Possibly.”

“Then why send Ayane after that girl?” Momiji questioned.

“Because we do not know for sure. We must explore every option. I want you to meet me there. But, first I need you to track down Kasumi so she can join us. We must be quick, but we must also not be reckless. Who knows what atrocities that sword might be bringing into this world.”

“I will leave at once,” Momiji announced.

Ryu placed a hand on the shoulder of his friend, Hayate. “You can join us too, once you tend to those injuries.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ayane_vs_kunimitsu_by_avgnjr1985_db9heqs-fullview.thumb.jpg.e7550487a4072d9b483b02e99439f1a0.jpg

Kunimitsu crossed across a wooden rooftop on a quiet evening in Tokyo. She pulled out some recently acquired pearls that she had stolen. She admired her hard work. Her brief moment of pride in her accomplishment was suddenly interrupted. Kunimitsu unsheathed a knife and spun around in one quick motion. Ayane stood a few feet away from her.

“There is nothing in this world I detest more than a kunoichi who abandons her clan,” said Ayane.

“I did not abandon. I was kicked out,” Kunimitsu corrected.

“Disgraceful.”

Kunimitsu did not appreciate the judgment of this purple haired stranger. “Be gone girl. I have no business with you.”

“We do have business,” said Ayane. “I am looking for the leader of your former clan, and you are going to tell me how I can find him.”

“I will tell you nothing,” Kunimitsu said tersely.

Ayane stepped into a fighting position. “Oh, I have ways of making you talk.”

I am gonna say that Ayane can take this fight. She's actually pretty powerful and has some really devistating ninpo spells such as Art of the Raging Mountain God, which she's used a few times in the Ninja Gaiden games and Dead or Alive series-- the latter, which she used to take down DOATEC tower. Not to mention, she's fought alongside Ryu Hayabusa and has fought eneimes who are quite superhuman and demonic in nature. So... Yeah, I'm gonna gonna go with Ayane here.

39 minutes ago, RakaiThwei said:

I am gonna say that Ayane can take this fight. She's actually pretty powerful and has some really devistating ninpo spells such as Art of the Raging Mountain God, which she's used a few times in the Ninja Gaiden games and Dead or Alive series-- the latter, which she used to take down DOATEC tower. Not to mention, she's fought alongside Ryu Hayabusa and has fought eneimes who are quite superhuman and demonic in nature. So... Yeah, I'm gonna gonna go with Ayane here.

I'll have to agree with you for solely one reason, we don't really know anything about Kunimitsu in canon. We know she is outranked by Yoshimitsu cause he told her to leave the Manji Clan, but other than that, nothing really specific is mentioned about her?

59 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I'll have to agree with you for solely one reason, we don't really know anything about Kunimitsu in canon. We know she is outranked by Yoshimitsu cause he told her to leave the Manji Clan, but other than that, nothing really specific is mentioned about her?

Seeing as Kunimitsu's more or less a side character, as Tekken is now ALL about the whole Mishima bloodline now... I doubt we're going to see many feats for Kunimitsu outside of her cinematics in her endings from the games, which unfortunately ain't a lot.

I always liked Kunimitsu's design and fighting style. She was fun to play here and there. If this were a big crossover video game, I'd pick Kunimitsu and throw them combos. But I think storywise Ayane has this, if only to progress the plot.

Loving that your this far into this story. Makes me amped to go write more of the Loser's Club.

7 hours ago, SSJRuss said:

I always liked Kunimitsu's design and fighting style. She was fun to play here and there. If this were a big crossover video game, I'd pick Kunimitsu and throw them combos. But I think storywise Ayane has this, if only to progress the plot.

Loving that your this far into this story. Makes me amped to go write more of the Loser's Club.

That's one of the fun parts of doing something like this. The plot is dictated by the winners. I already had to do some big changes to my initial ideas back in the day when so many of the Soul Calibur characters were losing.

It helps that there are so many fighting game characters to pivot to if needed.

Another good match, Johnny. Even though Ayane is younger, I guess she takes this. She seems to be a bit better as a fighter than Kunimitsu from my research.