Hippo: 3
Rocksteady: 2

Match 13906 Hayate vs. Raven

JohnnyChany

GAINING AN EDGE: A MASSIVE FIGHTING GAME CROSSOVER

PART XIX

hqdefault.jpg

"Ayyyyaaaaa!" Jann Lee screamed.

A lightning quick combo from him sent Fei Long crashing into the craft services table. (REF: FEI LONG VS. JANN LEE) Fei Long was unable to return to his feet much to the delight of Kokoro and Hitomi, and to the abject horror of the film crew. Makoto was also unable to mask her disappointment in Fei Long. A weak smile appeared on Jann Lee's face and then he fell down to one knee in exhaustion. Hitomi and Kokoro ran to him.

"That was really impressive. I didn't think it was possible, but it looks like you are still improving," Hitomi gushed.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jann asked. "Is it already time for another Dead or Alive tournament?"

"Not exactly. We are gathering strong fighters to take on several evil men, including Victor Donovan, who are in pursuit of a powerful object. We want you to come with us," Kokoro explained.

Jann Lee glanced over to the director, Bobby, who was shouting furiously into his cell phone. "Lucky for you, my calendar may have just opened up. I think I just let pride cost me a great oppurtunity. I guess these things happen."

Jann Lee gathered himself and returned to both feet. He walked over with the two girls to Zack and Makoto. Kokoro gave Zack an imploring luck.

"Yeah...yeah...let's go talk to the ninjas," said Zack.

"That won't be necessary," called a voice from the crowd of onlookers. Kasumi soon stepped out from behind a few cameramen and a key grip.

"Kasumi!" gasped Hitomi.

"The Mugen Tenshin Clan is well aware of the situation. Do not forget they have been trying to take down Victor Donovan and his Project Alpha for a long time now. When he infiltrated one of MIST's off shore bases, Hayate overheard many of the details of this horrible plan," Kasumi informed.

"Does he know what the ancient object is?" asked Kokoro.

"No, unfortunately he wasn't able to obtain that bit of information. He did however overhear that it is being hidden by Yoshimitsu of the Majin Clan. Yoshimitsu entrusted this information to another fighter in the King of the Iron Fist tournament, a secret agent of some sort. Someone in that man's agency sold the information to Victor's current partner, Kazuya Mishima. Hayate went to confront that secret agent and Ryu Hayabusa is currently looking for Yoshimitsu." said Kasumi.

"Should have known you all would be ahead of the game," Zack remarked. "How did you find us?"

"I have been tracking you since you picked up Hitomi. (REF: MAKOTO VS. YURI SAKAZAKI) I'm worried about my brother and my clan. MIST is one thing, but I've been doing some research on this Kazuya Mishima. He is a scary individual and I fear a MIST and G Corporation alliance only means more trouble for the Mugen Tenshin."

"They're not the only ones, there is also some bad dude named M. Bison and his criminal organization, Shadoloo, hot on the trail for this thing," said Zack.

"It sounds like we need to join together and compare notes," stated Hitomi.

"Yes," Kasumi agreed. "I just hope we are not too late. Wherever Hayate is now, I hope he is ok."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.decorfeed.com/images/img2/office-space-white-walls.jpg

Raven sat in a deep underground base surrounded by white walls. He typed quickly on a small hand held CPU. He paused for a moment, placed it on a desk, and looked over his right shoulder.

"Recent events must have me off my game. Usually no one can sneak up on me," he said flatly.

Hayate stepped into the light. "You are the one aren't you? The one they call Raven. The one who Yoshimitsu entrusted his secret to. The one that is responsible for all that is happening." (REF: LILI ROCHEFORT VS. KARIN KANZUKI)

"Did you come all this way just to tell me things I already know, shinobi?" Raven questioned.

"What happened? How could you let information like that get in to the hands of someone like Victor Donovan?" asked Hayate.

"Mistakes were made. We are handling it," Raven insisted.

"How?" demanded Hayate.

Raven walked over to Hayate. "I don't remember you becoming my supervisor or commanding officer. So I find it strange that you would think that I need to answer to you."

"I have to stop Victor Donovan before he gains any more power, but I can't put together a proper plan without all the pieces to the puzzle," said Hayate.

"As I told you, we are handling it. We could not stop him before he sold the information to Kazuya Mishima, but we did put down the traitor before he could sell all the information to M. Bison and Shadoloo. Next we will deal with Kazuya Mishima and this Victor Donovan character personally. If we have to take down Bison as well, we will do so. I will not stop until I have fixed this," stated Raven.

"What is it that they are after? What is Yoshimitsu hiding?" asked Hayate.

"You can't honestly expect me to tell you. This whole debacle began because too many people were talking, there is no way I am going to continue that trend," Raven replied.

Hayate looked slightly to the left. "I bet the information on that hand held device you were just typing on might give me a clue."

Hayate dashed over to grab it. Raven quickly blocked his path.

Raven removed his black shades and appeared angry. "Do not think for a second that you are the only highly trained ninja in this room."

"Just let me look at it. I must know what I am up against. I need to know what Donovan is after," said Hayate.

"You can have it and along with it access to everything we know about this incident, this case, and these people. You will just have to go through me to get to it," said Raven. "But, take my advice, do not attempt it. You will fail. Go home and do whatever it is you need to do, but leave this to the professionals. It is my mess, I will clean it up."

"I will get what I came here for," Hayate announced resolutely.

"Then I hope you came for a beat down because this is non-negotiable."

Guest bigballerju

Nice fight to continue the story arc. Hard choice but Hayate wins being that he is more skilled. His clan did beat Tifa from Final Fantasy when he sent them after her. Hayate is very fast and has powerful moves to go along with it. Also Hayate knows the torn sky blast which would definitely put Raven down.

I was thinking Raven, but I've never actually played Hayate. (I played him as Ein when he didn't know who he was). But if Hayate knows the torn sky blast then that puts him above Raven. I guess I'll be voting for Hayate.

His clan did beat Tifa from Final Fantasy when he sent them after her. Hayate is very fast and has powerful moves to go along with it.

I know that Hayate has some pretty mean speed feats and has ninpo abilities... But you're actually counting Dead Fantasy?

-Rakai'Thwei

Guest bigballerju

Oh know I'm not counting it. I was just mentioning it but yea forget that one. Hayate is more powerful (sky torn blast which he used to beat Raidou), faster, and more skilled.

Oh know I'm not counting it. I was just mentioning it but yea forget that one. Hayate is more powerful (sky torn blast which he used to beat Raidou), faster, and more skilled.

Hayate didn't beat Raidou with Torn Sky Blast, as a matter of fact he tried using it on Raidou-- and Raidou copied it and used it to overpower Hayate, sending him crashing into a tree and breaking his spine. Kasumi was the one who used Torn Sky Blast to defeat Raidou, though she of course had help from Ryu Hayabusa.

Regardless... Yeah, Hayate pretty much wins here.

-Rakai'Thwei

Match Final Results

USER RATINGS

patrickthekid gives it a grade of: A

leroypowell3 gives it a grade of: A

michalecs gives it a grade of: A

Dark Spider-man gives it a grade of: A

SCORE

Hayate: 10

Raven: 8

FPA: 4.0