MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

Writer's Challenge #4!

IKA

Writer's challenge returns once again!

--------UPDATE----------

The theme for the challenge will be - "The Debut".

The write up MUST include the following to qualify:

1: Atleast ONE character in the CBUB database who has never been used in a rated match before.

2: Be a ONE vs. ONE conflict.

3: The reason for the battle must make sense to the characters.

4: The reason for the competition and what that competition is does notnmatter, it's the debut character that matters most in this challenge!.

Example:

Screenshots_2023-09-01-08-39-39.png

Good luck!

------ UPDATE-----

Reminder of this how this will work:

On 09/01/23 I will Update this with a topic to use as a baseline for you write up, this will be the base of your setup!

Ex: Change of Heart from our first writer's challenge.

You will then have until 09/30/23 to make a write up using that as your baseline. The characters you use do not matter, it's all about the write-up here. 

You must write One (1) match and only that one will count during this time, YOU are responsible for posting a links to YOUR write up in the comments below for it to count. 

The person with the highest score will win, should there be a tie we will have a tie breaker to be resolved the following month.

I will use my discretion to decide if a rating was given in an attempt to sabotage a score, as well if a score was given to give someone an unfair advantage. 

This challenge will be a step up from our previous ones. The winner of this challenge will win a $100 Digital Visa gift card! 

YOU MUST BE ATLEAST 16 YEARS OF AGE TO CLAIM THIS PRIZE! IF under 18, parent's permission will be needed to claim the prize, I'll work with you as best I can. $ amount will be paid in USD unless otherwise suggested. No guarantees I can pay in a different currency amount by I will try my best. 

• Thanks 1

I'll advise everybody to actually check the regular play record like IKA shows in the picture up there. Sometimes they have a tie and so it doesn't display a win-loss because it was neither.

Also I'm does the fantasy draft record disqualify them. There are some that got used there.

2 hours ago, leroypowell3 said:

I'll advise everybody to actually check the regular play record like IKA shows in the picture up there. Sometimes they have a tie and so it doesn't display a win-loss because it was neither.

Also I'm does the fantasy draft record disqualify them. There are some that got used there.

Fantasy Draft does not disqualify, only regular play. 

I believe this is the first time we've had 2 former Writer's Challenge winners make submit an entry into a writer's challenge. The competition has just gotten even stronger.

• 2 weeks later...

As a reminder, there are seven days left on the Challenge for anyone who wants to enter. 

I think I can get an entry in this time around. 😉

Good to see that entries are being graded at a pretty good rate so far. :) 

Looks like if I get one in, it's gonna be down to the wire again. 

Under 4 hours remain until the challenge closes if anyone has last minute submissions now is the time to submit!

Cut it a little close again, didn't I? :D Here we go: 

My longest match yet. I hope there's a good mix of action and humor in this one.

Hey, @IKA, since all the final ratings for the Challenge should come in this weekend, part of me was just wondering: what would happen with that gift card if you won? Would it go into the staff's severance pay? :P 

6 minutes ago, DSkillz said:

Hey, @IKA, since all the final ratings for the Challenge should come in this weekend, part of me was just wondering: what would happen with that gift card if you won? Would it go into the staff's severance pay? :P 

It would go to the runner up. If the staff wants pay they gotta win, or take part in the monthly death match.

Before I announce the winner of the writer's challenge, I just want to say Congrats to everyone who entered, I had a lot of fun reading, and writing for this challenge! Anyway here we go!

12th place:  @Venom 2009 - Raditz vs. Hulk and The Agents of S.M.A.S.H. - 3.93
11th place: @leroypowell3 - William Lennox vs. Laserbeak - 4.0
10th place: @Gizmo Hibiki - Tremor vs. Ty Lee - 4.2

Tied for 8th place: 
@broadwaybeyonder - Bloody Mary vs. La Llorona - 4.3
@IKA - Alfred Pennyworth vs. Lil' Slugger - 4.3

7th place: @DSkillz - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) vs. The J-Team - 4.35
6th place: @Culwych1 - Bee (The Babysitter) vs. Baby Firefly - 4.42
5th place: @Mercenaryblade Commando Droids vs. Imperial DeathTroopers - 4.46
4th place: (Coming in with her debut CBUB post!) @MistressOfWords -  Corvo Attano vs. The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers) - 4.48

Taking the bronze medal - @Pizzaguy2995 - Okoye vs. Black Noir - 4.5

Coming in second for the Silver medal -  @Macklemore - Jack Frost vs. Jack Frost (Shin Megami Tensei) - 4.58

And You're winner of this Writer's Challenge and the $100 Digital Visa - Our first 2-time winner of the Magnetic Ferret Writer's Challenges...

@JohnnyChany - Linka (Planeteer) vs. Jessie Rasberry - 4.65!!

Congratulations!!!

Thank you to everyone who participated, I hope to see you all compete in our next challenge (I'll have some news on that very soon!)

• Like 2