Archangel: 1
Gambit: 4

Rumble 20548 Maui (Moana) vs. Skar King
MATCH SCORE
Maui (Moana): 4
Skar King: 1

TV

videogameman

Can't wait for the second half of season four of Venture Bros. The first half was pretty great, especially the Order of the Triad episode that also managed to wrap up the Triana/Dean bit.

Good Eats is the best cooking show ever. I do my best to watch it almost every night. It's easily one of my all-time favorite TV shows, right up there with Pee Wee's Playhouse and The Muppet Show. It isn't a coincidence that all three of those shows have puppets.

Pawn Stars is hilarious. It's like Antique Roadshow with half the words bleeped out for content issues.

Don't have HBO at the moment, so I was unable to catch the second season of True Blood. Will definately snag that when it hits bluray.

Well, I was a little glad that ABC was airing the MMPR "remastered" at first.....it got remastered alright.....

and now, its even more cheezier than it was before. Now its got that whole '1966 batman tv show' look to it with all the Onomatopoeia and stuff.....not cool.

looks like one of Vh1's old Pop Up Videos where the bubbles pop up outta nowhere and tell you trivia.

All the new effects were not needed at all...some were decent but i could live without it.

Im just glad Disney left the music and stuff alone....i guess that was the LEAST they could do.

And to make it worst, MMPR dosent even air on the single digit ABC channel(atleast not with Directv). You have to order a 3 digit channel ABC which pretty much shows you the same thing.

So here I am getting ready for the MMPR "remastered" because the channel's Promo commercial just said it was comming on next....then the News comes on....

Man, I was pissed, Then I soon found out that it was a blessing in disguise....but obviously i saw it eventually....

Disney is F***in up and gettin paid while doing it.....

and BOA is right behind Disney with their new MMPR toyline....

Guest Shockwave
Disney is F***in up and gettin payed while doing it.....

and BOA is right behind Disney with their new MMPR toyline....

1. Disney is always f***ing up and gettin paid while doing it. The thing is that they know how to market it. Hell, they bought the broadcasting rights to Naruto Shippuden, and all the fans were whinnying about that for a month out. Disney at least knows not to do stupid edits like 4Kids or Stephanie Meyers. (yes i went there! TWILIGHT IS THE 4KIDS OF VAMPIRES!)

2. I know i'm going to sound even more like an idiot, but what the flying hell is BOA?

1. Disney is always f***ing up and gettin paid while doing it. The thing is that they know how to market it. Hell, they bought the broadcasting rights to Naruto Shippuden, and all the fans were whinnying about that for a month out. Disney at least knows not to do stupid edits like 4Kids or Stephanie Meyers. (yes i went there! TWILIGHT IS THE 4KIDS OF VAMPIRES!)

2. I know i'm going to sound even more like an idiot, but what the flying hell is BOA?

Bandai of America..BOA. you know the toy company

i stopped buying toys a long time ago.

So did I, but bandai has been out for years....and they dont make them like they use to..

Guest TheRandomBandit

The new Power Rangers look epic! I totally marked out for that. I'm giving it a chance. It has brung back a lot of great memories. Like me getting the Green Power Ranger toy stuck in the vcr when I was 3. :(

The new Power Rangers look epic! I totally marked out for that. I'm giving it a chance. It has brung back a lot of great memories. Like me getting the Green Power Ranger toy stuck in the vcr when I was 3. :(

it does bring back memories but all those new photoshop effects arnt really nessesary....

its really not...

Guest braniac123

Soooo, is anybody else really excited for smallville to come back from their break. It is gonna be awesome! It's gonna have the JSA in it. With Hawkman. COOL!

Guest ThePoet

TV thread. Yay. Burn Notice and White Collar return this coming week. I'm excited. USA's programming currently kicks the tar out of the networks. Also, check out a show called The Forgotten on ABC. It's similar to Cold Case, but these people operate outside the auspices of Police and courtrooms. Decent cast of no-names with Christian Slater as the main character.

Landon, I watched the second season of True Blood on a website that was running pirated versions. Yes the sound and video quality was crap and yes the website changed names about six times to keep playing the stuff, but I got to see it. Definitely worth buying when it comes out, I've already reserved a copy on Amazon.

Also, a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I watch Glee. I find it rather amusing.

-ThePoet

• 3 weeks later...

Who else thinks that it would be cool if TV shows did crossover episodes? I think it would be really interesting to see how some TV characters interacted with each other within the context of the show. Of course the crossover would have to fit with the continuity of both shows, because these episodes would have to be part of the natural sequence of either show.

House MD is a really easy example to use. Any episode of house could be turned into a crossover where the patient is a character from another TV show. Of course since House MD really revolves around Dr. House's crazy antics and not the medicine, one would want to pick characters that Dr. House can play off of or otherwise interact with in an interesting way.

For example, Dexter Morgan from the show Dexter could be the patient. I think it would be interesting to see how House interacts with someone who doesn't feel emotions like normal people, and Dexter would (at the same time) be trying to hide his "extracurricular activities" from House's keen insight into the human animal.

Another example might be if Jack Bauer had to work together with the team from NCIS or somethings.

There would be some limitations on which shows could be crossovered. The shows would have to be in the same general time period (unless time-travel technology was used like in the Sarah Conner Crons). Also, the creators would probably be wary of combining one show which has supernatural or fictional elements (vampires, magic, aliens, ect...) with a show which does not have anything like that. A crossover between two shows like that would be admitting that there are those supernatural elements in the non-supernatural show, but that the characters and plot of that show are oblivious to it.

Of course there might be some ways around the supernatural problem. I remember an episode of Buffy where Buffy is a psycho patient and the whole slaying thing is all in her mind. At the end of the episode they never actually said whether or not the slaying was real or not. Going back to House MD, a similar episode could be done with a number of different supernatural shows.

So... Does this sound like a worth while idea or are there complications which I have not foreseen? If it is an interesting idea, I would love to hear what you guys think would be cool crossovers.