Rumble 20567 Ed (Street Fighter) vs. Mama Odie vs. Pickle
MATCH SCORE
Ed (Street Fighter): 0
Mama Odie: 0
Pickle (Baki the Grappler): 2

TV

videogameman

Guest KevinDWolf93
i was thinking syfy should do it's own version of the deadliest worrior but use charicters from fiction.

and have the writers come and debate for the charicters anyone would anyone else watch this.

Yes, and no. The idea seems intresting, and if enough time is put into it(ie. recreating powers/weapons) it could make for nice stuff blowing up. However, there are a few glaring flaws. Stuff like copywright and that junk are one, but I have two that invole the inconclusiveness of the show itself:

1. Unlike deadliest warrior, which at least tests real-life equipment with real experts for actual results, the fiction fight has no real basis. Its all up to the creator/writer/etc. which could be bad if he "did not do the research". Sure it could be written that one guy is a crack-shot w/ a gun or can bench press a truck but a characters feats, especially ones that are so vague, probably cant be accurately tested(or tested at all) as abilities and powers really get out there from reality. That leaves pure debating which leads into...

2. Just go over to the CBUB battleboard and thumb through a few fights that have comments actually relating to the fight. With the exception of a few master debators on here, I dont wanna sit through 40 min. of that kind of arguing. Oh god the backlash, just look at what DW gets...magnify that several fold. I know if my fav. character lost in such an "official" way cause some guy who probably knows less about the subject than someone who spent a few min. on wiki, let alone a diehard fan who wrote said wiki, then Id be all kinds of pissed. For DW, theyre at least backed by the tests.

An intresting idea nonetheless...

Yes, and no. The idea seems intresting, and if enough time is put into it(ie. recreating powers/weapons) it could make for nice stuff blowing up. However, there are a few glaring flaws. Stuff like copywright and that junk are one, but I have two that invole the inconclusiveness of the show itself:

1. Unlike deadliest warrior, which at least tests real-life equipment with real experts for actual results, the fiction fight has no real basis. Its all up to the creator/writer/etc. which could be bad if he "did not do the research". Sure it could be written that one guy is a crack-shot w/ a gun or can bench press a truck but a characters feats, especially ones that are so vague, probably cant be accurately tested(or tested at all) as abilities and powers really get out there from reality. That leaves pure debating which leads into...

2. Just go over to the CBUB battleboard and thumb through a few fights that have comments actually relating to the fight. With the exception of a few master debators on here, I dont wanna sit through 40 min. of that kind of arguing. Oh god the backlash, just look at what DW gets...magnify that several fold. I know if my fav. character lost in such an "official" way cause some guy who probably knows less about the subject than someone who spent a few min. on wiki, let alone a diehard fan who wrote said wiki, then Id be all kinds of pissed. For DW, theyre at least backed by the tests.

An intresting idea nonetheless...

yeah but i think both the copy right and stupid arguements problem would be erased by having

the writers and creaters of the charicters come in and debate .

because of course you have permission to use them if the guy or companey who owns the rights

agrees to come on the show.

and surely they would be mature enough to admit when there chericter loses.

that still leaves the testing problem it would be veary hard to find out what a punch

from the hulk or the thing would do to someone but not imossible.

and iam surprised with the ratings deadliest worrior is pulling in that syfy has not thought of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, Regular Show. Thoughts? Loved it. Hilarious, just the perfect followup to Adventure Time. definitely on my Monday watchlist. Bummed there wasn't a new Mystery Inc. And how about MAD? It's hit and miss? Loved CSICarly, but it as a whole relied on too much toilet humor. Johnny Test? Still don't like.

Oh, I must congratulate you VGM. Your constant Adventure Time plugs made me watch one episode the other day.

Honestly, I don't know what to say. The show may be beaming world domination plans into my brain and I wouldn't notice. Watching it puts my brain in a trance.

So yes, I'll be watching it more often. Might try those shows too.

Adventure Time was okay, not the greatest episode. Billy's song was great though, and I love how Finn and Jake rake up more respect. Regular Show was great once again. It's refreshing to see the plot not veer too far out of control. Considering how rock paper scissors summons a demon, a magic keyboard, and an evil arcade machine, a coffee man is regular, what with there being benson the gumball man. MAD was once again okay, though Grey's In Anime was worth all the toilet jokes.

Guest Shockwave

1. Does Scrubs even come on with new episodes anymore? I mean the original cast was awesome and fit their parts, very moving scenes at times, and hell the ending to season 8 was perfect. However the next season bit it big time. So I'm wondering if it was canned.

2. BRING BACK WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY! Best. Improve. Show. Ever.

3. Anyone else excited to see Bones back on the air?

4. Mr. Popo is blue.....wtf?

1. Does Scrubs even come on with new episodes anymore? I mean the original cast was awesome and fit their parts, very moving scenes at times, and hell the ending to season 8 was perfect. However the next season bit it big time. So I'm wondering if it was canned.

2.Agreed.

3.I prefer Castle.

4.Saw that. silly censors.

1. Sadly yes.

Cancellation

On May 14, 2010, it was announced the show was officially cancelled. The season nine finale, titled "Our Thanks", aired March 17, 2010. Five days later, on March 22, 2010, Zach Braff announced, via the Official Facebook Page, that the ninth season of Scrubs would be the last, commenting that it was worth a try, but it had not worked; "Many of you have asked, so here it is: it appears that "New Scrubs", "Scrubs 2.0", "Scrubs with New Kids", "Scrubbier", "Scrubs without JD" is no more. It was worth a try, but alas... it didn't work."

2. Yes! (Except for that "Improve" part, I doubt that anyone was really improved by that other than getting 30 min. of laughter)

3. Yeah, not my absolute favorite show, but I like it.

4. Oooo look another butchering by 4Kids!

I have yet to see every Scrubs episode, so I'm not complaining (I can only watch two in a day anyways. The sheer awesomeness begins to melt my brain after a while...) Still, it'd be nice to see a new season.

Also, should I feel guilty about watching Cougar Town (Courtney Cox is being reunited with her much wealthier and respected co-star from Friends, Jennifer Anniston?!)? Anyone else watch it? Come on, raise those hands. Raise them!

The House season opener was very... different...

At any rate, SNL's 36th season is coming out this Saturday, is anyone else here excited about that?