Rumble 20587 Nathan Drake vs. Vastatosaurus Rex
MATCH SCORE
Nathan Drake: 1
Vastatosaurus Rex: 3

Fox's Fabulous Final Draft: Season Twelve

Fox

1 hour ago, Boratz said:

Thank you so much!

Just curious, how hot did it typically get?

High 80's, which might sound hot but reasonable. But you have to factor in the humidity.

Even in the evening in the high 70's to low 80's, the water will still be rolling off you if you are not acclimated to the tropical climate like the natives.

The Florida sun and humidity will beat you like a club all day long.

If you are prone to sweating from brow and temples, get a couple cheap moisture wicking headbands. Then you will look cool instead of unsightly.

How you approach the climate will make or break your trip.

Tropical showers happen. My standard kit in my back pack included 2 rain ponchos and 2 collapsible umbrellas for my wife and I, and we used them.

Moisture wicking T-Shirt, headband under a baseball cap and light linen shorts with good walking shoes.  It's like sports.

Your choice of Mask (required indoors) will be a personal choice but I found that the Reebok Exercise mask met my needs.  YMMV.

So what's everyone think of their chances so far?

Any bets? Hehheh.

34 minutes ago, Z451 said:

Any bets? Hehheh.

I feel like I have decent odds, but the competition looks stiff. Hoping the scenarios play in my favor. I won't be on the bottom this time around

1 hour ago, Z451 said:

Any bets? Hehheh.

My chances are baaad, apart from in a couple of categories.  But I thought I'd go with preferred characters rather than winning characters this time given that it may be the last!

13 hours ago, Z451 said:

Mirage actually has been scooped up by JohnnyChany though.

Really? I thought he had someone else.

Anyways I can't keep track o everyone's teams all the time. I shall edit my post then. Thanks for the info  

9 hours ago, Mercenaryblade said:

Really? I thought he had someone else.

Anyways I can't keep track o everyone's teams all the time. I shall edit my post then. Thanks for the info  

I'm sorry, heh.

But hey, most of the picks you gave are still available so there's that.

On 11/2/2021 at 1:04 PM, Mercenaryblade said:

Still some excellent picks out there that haven't been scooped up!

Not to mention that there were some picks made for teams that were rejected or otherwise incomplete. I was thinking about drafting the Shadowkhan, for instance. They were already picked, however, for one of those incomplete teams.

But eh, point's moot now that the Draft's started in earnest.

14 hours ago, DSkillz said:

Not to mention that there were some picks made for teams that were rejected or otherwise incomplete. I was thinking about drafting the Shadowkhan, for instance. They were already picked, however, for one of those incomplete teams.

But eh, point's moot now that the Draft's started in earnest.

Too true if we ever do have drafts again, I hope there's a same category but must have never been picked before. 

As the season will go long, and because there are more teams, I'm thinking of changing the rounds to four days instead of three.

Let me know if you have a viewpoint on that.

In any case, this first round will run until Monday because I have to travel this weekend.

Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Fox said:

As the season will go long, and because there are more teams, I'm thinking of changing the rounds to four days instead of three.

Let me know if you have a viewpoint on that.

In any case, this first round will run until Monday because I have to travel this weekend.

Thanks!

I'm cool with four days

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, Fox said:

High 80's, which might sound hot but reasonable. But you have to factor in the humidity.

Even in the evening in the high 70's to low 80's, the water will still be rolling off you if you are not acclimated to the tropical climate like the natives.

The Florida sun and humidity will beat you like a club all day long.

If you are prone to sweating from brow and temples, get a couple cheap moisture wicking headbands. Then you will look cool instead of unsightly.

How you approach the climate will make or break your trip.

Tropical showers happen. My standard kit in my back pack included 2 rain ponchos and 2 collapsible umbrellas for my wife and I, and we used them.

Moisture wicking T-Shirt, headband under a baseball cap and light linen shorts with good walking shoes.  It's like sports.

Your choice of Mask (required indoors) will be a personal choice but I found that the Reebok Exercise mask met my needs.  YMMV.

Got back from Disney, Fox!

Thank you for the tips! We had a blast. It was funny, I initially said it was going to be a once in a lifetime trip and now we want to go back. 

2 hours ago, Boratz said:

Got back from Disney, Fox!

Thank you for the tips! We had a blast. It was funny, I initially said it was going to be a once in a lifetime trip and now we want to go back. 

Oh great, glad you had a fantastic time!

Disney World is super fun for sure. If you hit up Orlando again, give Universal Studios Orlando a look too. Two days is likely sufficient for both Universal parks, with a focus on the Harry Potter stuff.  (The Harry Potter stuff spans both parks). The new Harry Potter rides are currently the best rides in Orlando if you savor thrill rides. 

On 11/19/2021 at 7:04 PM, Fox said:

Oh great, glad you had a fantastic time!

Disney World is super fun for sure. If you hit up Orlando again, give Universal Studios Orlando a look too. Two days is likely sufficient for both Universal parks, with a focus on the Harry Potter stuff.  (The Harry Potter stuff spans both parks). The new Harry Potter rides are currently the best rides in Orlando if you savor thrill rides. 

I definitely want to go to Universal, and take a look at the Harry Potter stuff. I know I'd be interested in the thrill rides, my wife isn't the biggest fan of them but she did enjoy some of them that weren't as bad. I did some of the thrill ones solo.

On 11/21/2021 at 4:40 PM, Boratz said:

I definitely want to go to Universal, and take a look at the Harry Potter stuff. I know I'd be interested in the thrill rides, my wife isn't the biggest fan of them but she did enjoy some of them that weren't as bad. I did some of the thrill ones solo.

So I have a weird universal story.

We went on a band competition back in high school in 2006, and I had a trombone solo. We were in Florida for about a week, so we did Universal and Disney as part of the band tour.

At Universal I rode the Incredible Hulk ride and bought a souvenir photo. I thought nothing of it till I watched a documentary on Casey Anthony years later and it mentioned she worked at Universal in 2006 and then lied about still working there later. It mentioned she worked at the Souvenir photos for the Incredible Hulk ride. I'm fairly certain I bought a souvenir photo from her.

I have another weird experience from the same trip involving the Hulk ride as a pair of 200 dollar sunglasses fell down from the loop onto my arm and then onto the ground. I couldn't find the owner. So they were the nicest pair of shades I have ever owned.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Twogunkid said:

So I have a weird universal story.

We went on a band competition back in high school in 2006, and I had a trombone solo. We were in Florida for about a week, so we did Universal and Disney as part of the band tour.

At Universal I rode the Incredible Hulk ride and bought a souvenir photo. I thought nothing of it till I watched a documentary on Casey Anthony years later and it mentioned she worked at Universal in 2006 and then lied about still working there later. It mentioned she worked at the Souvenir photos for the Incredible Hulk ride. I'm fairly certain I bought a souvenir photo from her.

I have another weird experience from the same trip involving the Hulk ride as a pair of 200 dollar sunglasses fell down from the loop onto my arm and then onto the ground. I couldn't find the owner. So they were the nicest pair of shades I have ever owned.

That is pretty funny about the sunglasses!

The Casey Anthony part is interesting. Don't know whether funny or ironic... not really sure

16 hours ago, Twogunkid said:

At Universal I rode the Incredible Hulk ride  ...

One hilarious thing - Disney owns Marvel now, but Universal has the rights to Marvel characters for rides in Florida.

So the big place for Marvel rides and merchandise in Florida is actually Universal Studios, not Disney.

• 5 weeks later...

Huh, pretty sure I logged out last night ... 

Anyways, something just occurred to me. With each team having ten slots instead of seven this time around, @Fox, what happens if at least one of the Death Matches ends in a 5-5 slot tie?